Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23168 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2019, 02:50:42 pm »

Try to acquire the bear's DNA and morph into it and help fight it until it leaves

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2019, 04:40:25 pm »

Post recipes of both protein-x formulas on bodybuilding internet forums, make airborne formula greatly increase intellect of subject aswell
Bodybuilding will make new kind of men

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2019, 02:06:35 am »

Keep teaching the werewolves stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2019, 07:26:39 am »

interesting. it seems that telekinesis is the easiest to learn, and petty criminals have an environment that makes them less prone to developing their powers successfully..
Put a patent on telekinesis, and try to get funds for a class that teaches telepathy and telekinesis. the sooner I can spread this boon to the world, the better. it will be revolutionary for construction and communication!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2019, 02:32:46 pm »

Let’s see about having Thoth run an analysis on the currently-known applications and techniques of psionics, and see if they can find any patterns that could lead us anywhere interesting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2019, 04:00:23 pm »

Quote from: Fiona Flare
Try to acquire the bear's DNA and morph into it and help fight it until it leaves
[6]Let’s just say that bear was eviscerated. Though the other guy starts fighting you! your hp: 10; opponents hp: 11; hit 0 and your unconscious, get below 0 and your dead.

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Post recipes of both protein-x formulas on bodybuilding internet forums, make airborne formula greatly increase intellect of subject aswell
Bodybuilding will make new kind of men
[6]You post the recipes all over the internet and right away people start making them. The airborne formula now increases intellect at the cost of strength. The infected person and your zombie have finally come in, the infected person does not look good, “He man I think I’m sick.”

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Keep teaching the werewolves stuff.
[4]The werewolves learn things(be specific if you want bonuses). The wolf var werewolf is now normal sized, its growth will be slower from here on.

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
interesting. it seems that telekinesis is the easiest to learn, and petty criminals have an environment that makes them less prone to developing their powers successfully..
Put a patent on telekinesis, and try to get funds for a class that teaches telepathy and telekinesis. the sooner I can spread this boon to the world, the better. it will be revolutionary for construction and communication!
[5]You get a patent in telekinesis. You have been given a 1 year grant to teach telepathy and telekinesis.

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Let’s see about having Thoth run an analysis on the currently-known applications and techniques of psionics, and see if they can find any patterns that could lead us anywhere interesting.
[7 reroll:3; 7 kept]Thoth runs the numbers and comes to the conclusion that psionics will be the end of the world by 2060, plus or minus 1 year. As such recommends not you do not pursue psionics.

Quote from: news
An ominous message has been left on discussion boards across the web saying that psionics will be the end of the world in 9-11 years. The username of the poster has been the same: AI_THOTH_0001. Let’s hope that this is just a scammer bot and nothing serious.

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

A lot happening this turn.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2019, 04:45:44 pm »

“...please explain how you came to that conclusion? And also steps that can be taken to avert it?”

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2019, 04:48:32 pm »

Work on formula to have same muscle mass enhancement as first iteration and increase body regenerative abilities  , provide first aid to infected person

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2019, 05:03:31 pm »

get away from the homeless person/grizzly bear by going deeper into the forest. Try to lose him
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:01:18 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2019, 02:57:54 am »

(When you say the werewolf is normal sized how big is that, is it normal sized for a person or something else.)

Lets keep teaching them reading, math, and whatever else you teach little kids, also look on the internet for old hospitals that are for sale.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2019, 08:41:19 am »

since this is obviously a powerful ability, we will have to do background checks to make sure that mentally unstable or criminal backgrounds don’t get their hands on it more than they already have. beyond that, lets start rolling out the training of psychics using some of our testers, namely the blue collar and the ex military folks.
Speaking of those criminals, lets handle the execution of the death row testers (since they could be substantially more dangerous now) provided the courts have found them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:44:54 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2019, 07:14:33 pm »

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
“...please explain how you came to that conclusion? And also steps that can be taken to avert it?”
[6 reroll:3; 6 taken]“I have rerun the simulations 15 times and each time new conclusions are presented. . . as such I do not recommend looking into psionics until I figure out the missing link. Can I get better sensory input, it will allow me to study psionics easier."

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Work on formula to have same muscle mass enhancement as first iteration and increase body regenerative abilities  , provide first aid to infected person
[2, reroll: 6]Increase regenerative abilities, check; Same muscle mass enhancement, not check; the muscle mass enhancement has DOUBLED. New serum called: Protein-X 2.0; You provide first aid to the infected person and find out that his body is trying to reject the zombie bitten serum, each turn has a 50% chance to turn into a zombie.

Quote from: Fiona Flare
get away from the homeless person/grizzly bear by going deeper into the forest. Try to lose him
[3 vs 2] You barely get ahead of the homeless person/grizzly bear, you just need to get a bit more distance between you two. escape: 1/3 distance, your hp: 10; opponents hp: 11

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
(When you say the werewolf is normal sized how big is that, is it normal sized for a person or something else.)

Lets keep teaching them reading, math, and whatever else you teach little kids, also look on the internet for old hospitals that are for sale.
(normal sized for a person)[4]The werewolves have 3/10 to next level of intellect. You finally found an old hospital that is for sale, the price is: $9,300; you have: $35,600.

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
since this is obviously a powerful ability, we will have to do background checks to make sure that mentally unstable or criminal backgrounds don’t get their hands on it more than they already have. beyond that, lets start rolling out the training of psychics using some of our testers, namely the blue collar and the ex military folks.
Speaking of those criminals, lets handle the execution of the death row testers (since they could be substantially more dangerous now) provided the courts have found them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
[3 reroll: 4]<insert training montage video here>The blue collar and ex military psionics got up to 70% to the next level of proficiency. You lost 13 of the criminals to the chair, the last 4 escaped.

Quote from: news
An ominous message has been left on discussion boards across the web saying that psionics might be the end of the world in 9-11 years; information inconclusive. The username of the poster has been the same: AI_THOTH_0001. This is starting to get eerie. In other news the public is being warned to be on the look out for 4 murders, they are extremely dangerous.
[escaped murders]finding hideout:95/100; being caught: 60/100; members:4(potential: unlocked(know: telepathy and telekinesis)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the long wait, this update fought me the whole way.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »

Continue running

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2019, 07:19:37 pm »

"Hey, Doc A, Thoth needs some better data before they can determine how effective and safe psionics is. Can we do some measurements on everyone?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2019, 09:08:54 pm »

This is.. upsetting. the four that escaped must be found immediately.
“Go ahead if you want Ms. Hertz, but I need to deal with a complication caused by my early lack of testers. Four death row inmates escaped, and they’re all trained in the use of psionics. I can’t afford to let them run amok, and that is where my focus will be.”
Begin working with my testers, namely the ex military and the blue collars to track the escapees down, both via psychic and conventional means. Give the homeless people trained early a job and a paycheck to act as substitute teachers on the psionic classes while dealing with the current issue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19