Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23115 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2020, 08:43:37 pm »

Alright, I've got a bunch of money, let's see about getting an actual research facility of my own set up, like what Adderson has. Computer scientists and engineers, of course, though psychics are also useful. I'll fund all of my employees getting taught at Adderson's school, too. Though let's not go overboard with the number of people. Let's say no more than 10.
Doing this should also involve getting Thoth (and, um, whatever branches they've got?) a larger system to inhabit.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2020, 08:47:21 pm »

Check the news to see how well the psychic rollout is being handled, as well as for other noteworthy events.
Offer to set up a joint research lab with Dr.Hertz, which would essentially pool our resources and assistants for the betterment of humanity through psionics and electronics!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2020, 08:56:17 pm »

Look for wolves or foxes

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2020, 09:05:32 pm »

Offer to set up a joint research lab with Dr.Hertz, which would essentially pool our resources and assistants for the betterment of humanity through psionics and electronics!
Of course! Offer accepted!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2020, 02:59:41 am »

Try to figure out, why zombies became agressive, keep working on awakening alien consciiousness of protein x to its full potential

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2020, 09:54:25 am »

Improve the new DNA strand's intelligence some more, and teach the werewolves even more words, then check the internet and see if any government organization wants to buy some werewolves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2020, 03:06:11 pm »

start fortifying the lab, if a reason is ask say that some dangerous virus are inside and it has to not get out

using the Darius virus as a base to create a new strain of it

assistant keeps working on the cure to the Darius

also get a containment area for future experiments
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2020, 06:02:24 pm »

Alright, I've got a bunch of money, let's see about getting an actual research facility of my own set up, like what Adderson has. Computer scientists and engineers, of course, though psychics are also useful. I'll fund all of my employees getting taught at Adderson's school, too. Though let's not go overboard with the number of people. Let's say no more than 10.
Doing this should also involve getting Thoth (and, um, whatever branches they've got?) a larger system to inhabit.

[6 (precog)reroll: 3]Dr. Adderson and you set up a joint research lab, you spend 200 credits to get 10 assistants trained thought the psychic school. You spend 4380 credits to get a larger system for Thoth and the other branch AIs(X10 RAM and X100 memory space).

Check the news to see how well the psychic rollout is being handled, as well as for other noteworthy events.

[4 (psychic)6 (precog)5]People are starting to get excited about psychics, see the news insert at the bottom for more news.
You and Dr. Hertz set up a joint lab both your resources are now pooled together(1 spoiler for the both of you, funds and assistants are shared, tho the numbers will be kept separate)

Look for wolves or foxes
[5]You find a pack of wolves and a skulk of foxes. There are 11 wolves and 7 foxes, they are not fighting, yet.

Try to figure out, why zombies became agressive, keep working on awakening alien consciiousness of protein x to its full potential
[3 (zombie)reroll: 5]The zombies became aggressive because there was more than 1(zombies are like an amplification chamber with each other). You figured out what it was that you awakened in the zombies and decided to finish it. Zombies are now always aggressive and have a +10 bonus to attack(the military gets a -10 to how many they eliminate each turn until breakout).

Improve the new DNA strand's intelligence some more, and teach the werewolves even more words, then check the internet and see if any government organization wants to buy some werewolves.
[6]The new strand has greater intellect. The werewolves have jump to advanced speech now(+10 to rolls). There are a few government organizations(most all are military) that would be interested in werewolves.

start fortifying the lab, if a reason is ask say that some dangerous virus are inside and it has to not get out

using the Darius virus as a base to create a new strain of it

assistant keeps working on the cure to the Darius

also get a containment area for future experiments
[6]You lab is now fortified(requires 100 progress to get into without permission). You create a duplicate strain of the Darius virus. your assistant is now 10/600 progress to the anti-virus. You also now have a containment area(requires 1000 progress to get out of without permission).

Quote from: news
2 new viruses have pop upped recently, one of which hijacks the body of it's host causing said host to attack others thus spreading the virus. The second virus is one that seems to have jumped from rats to humans and doctors are not sure what it does yet.
Quote from: events
1st outbreak: people will go to the doctor if they think there is something wrong(-50% spread of Darius virus)
It's the rats!: people will kill rats by any means necessary(Darius virus -50% chance to jump from rats to human, -d100 infected rats every turn)
Zombies?: people infected with the zombie virus have a 10% chance to be put down(1% zombies eliminated every turn)

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 109(96 rejecting(turning next turn)[{previous 75 eliminated by the military})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 24/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 285(123 telepaths; 86 telekinetics; and 76 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 11 rats, 21 humans
Zombies: 19

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

This turn was a doozy.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2020, 06:17:31 pm »

2 new viruses have pop upped recently, one of which hijacks the body of it's host causing said host to attack others thus spreading the virus. The second virus is one that seems to have jumped from rats to humans and doctors are not sure what it does yet.
1st outbreak: people will go to the doctor if they think there is something wrong(-50% spread of Darius virus)
It's the rats!: people will kill rats by any means necessary(Darius virus -50% chance to jump from rats to human, -d100 infected rats every turn)
Zombies?: people infected with the zombie virus have a 10% chance to be put down(1% zombies eliminated every turn)
"Well fuck."
Let's get Thoth on this. Shelf all the CPU core and SSD/RAM improvement, there's more important stuff going on. There's plenty of medical information online; if we need money to look at some of the research papers, then so be it, we can afford that. Also, make sure that Thoth knows that they can expand basically however much they need to for this; there's plenty of space, and if taking up more of it will help, they very much can.
Can we use telekinesis to safely handle the infected? Can we use telepathy to talk to the "zombies"?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:28:31 pm by Glass »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2020, 06:21:35 pm »

this does not bode well. Gather all the uninfected psychics and start devising countermeasures to detect rats and infected alike. Personally start a quiet research into Mind control, preferably on creatures less intelligent than humans. DO NOT under any circumstances let anyone except sydney know about this, for fear of it's abuse before proper technique can be devised to resist it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2020, 07:57:34 pm »

Grab one of the foxes with my paws without hurting it, and hold it until the mayor touches it and starts morphing

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2020, 08:05:49 pm »

have my assistant get more assistants

gather some infected into my lab promising to figure out how to cure them and put them in the containment room

start working on the cure

start removing bad effects from the copy strain of the Darius virus and name it DA-2
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2020, 02:01:12 am »

Try to awaken alien mind of protein x in zombies to sentient levels, may be I will manage to talk it out of attacking humans thing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2020, 09:16:11 am »

Start growing two of the new more intelligent werewolves the same way I did last time, then start talking with the military and find out which version of the werewolf DNA they are after, if they want me to start growing them or do they want to do it them selves, and negotiate prices.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2020, 12:28:04 pm »

snip
snip
"Well fuck."
Let's get Thoth on this. Shelf all the CPU core and SSD/RAM improvement, there's more important stuff going on. There's plenty of medical information online; if we need money to look at some of the research papers, then so be it, we can afford that. Also, make sure that Thoth knows that they can expand basically however much they need to for this; there's plenty of space, and if taking up more of it will help, they very much can.
Can we use telekinesis to safely handle the infected? Can we use telepathy to talk to the "zombies"?

[7 (precog reroll irrelevant)]You devise a plan of action and the Thoth AIs start working on it with you.  95 progress is made to combat the viruses(1000 needed(as of now)).
Yes you can move others with telekinesis. You can project to the zombies but not receive anything from them.

this does not bode well. Gather all the uninfected psychics and start devising countermeasures to detect rats and infected alike. Personally start a quiet research into Mind control, preferably on creatures less intelligent than humans. DO NOT under any circumstances let anyone except sydney know about this, for fear of it's abuse before proper technique can be devised to resist it.
7 (psychic and precog rerolls irrelevant)]Luckily all the current psychics are uninfected and between all of them and you a way to detect rats and infected has been discovered(infected rats eliminated; 10% less spread of the Darius virus; 25% less spread of the zombie virus).
57 progress into mind control(out of 100)

Grab one of the foxes with my paws without hurting it, and hold it until the mayor touches it and starts morphing
[5]Well congratulations, the mayor now has a fox morph and the foxes and wolves are looking at you with confused looks.

have my assistant get more assistants

gather some infected into my lab promising to figure out how to cure them and put them in the containment room

start working on the cure

start removing bad effects from the copy strain of the Darius virus and name it DA-2
[5 (virus)reroll: 5]Your assistant has hired 4 more assistants. You gather all the infected into your containment room(Daruis virus no longer spreading). You get 32 progress done on the anti-virus. You almost removed cannibalism from DA-2.

Try to awaken alien mind of protein x in zombies to sentient levels, may be I will manage to talk it out of attacking humans thing.
[2 (zombie)reroll: 2]You only made the zombies more aggressive(2X spread of zombies; each zombie kills 1 human every turn)

Start growing two of the new more intelligent werewolves the same way I did last time, then start talking with the military and find out which version of the werewolf DNA they are after, if they want me to start growing them or do they want to do it them selves, and negotiate prices.
[2]You start to grow them unfortunately they are not starting off at a great start(-1/100 and -4/100). They told you to release your current werewolves and the DNA code for them, they will give you 10 credits and not a credit more.

Thanks to the efforts of Dr. Darius the threat of the virus named after him(he discovered it is what is being told) there no possibility of it spreading, he has put all the infected in a containment unit that he has and has begun working on the cure.
The other virus, being called the zombie virus, has gotten worse with the zombies beginning to kill people as well as infect them. Local Private Military Companies have gotten involved and have started containing people and eliminating zombies.
1st outbreak: over
It's the rats!: over
Zombies?: people infected with the zombie virus have a 10% chance to be put down(1% zombies eliminated every turn)->Zombies!: people infected with the zombie virus have a 50% chance to be put down(5% zombies eliminated every turn)
PMC patrols: zombies shot on sight(50% zombies eliminated)

Quote from: Things to keep track of(don't care if players know)
Protein-X 2.0 Users: 0(0 rejecting(turning next turn)[{63 of the previous 96 eliminated by the military; the last 33 escaped and the project canceled(last 13 users killed)})
Thoth AIs: 2(includes Thoth)
Thoth SSD and RAM improvement: 24/384(Thoth gives 8, each of his AIs give half)
Psionics: 655(307 telepaths; 169 telekinetics; and 180 telepaths/telekinetics); 37 teachers(370 new psychics every 2 turns)
Darius Virus: 21 humans(contained)
Zombies: 140

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)

The zombies are getting stronger.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19