Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 22864 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2019, 02:43:42 pm »

i’m rapidly losing interest given that he’s started YET ANOTHER apocalypse, and has done so less than a 2 (50 post)pages. at least he could hold off on ending yet another science game too soon!
We can work together to try to stop the apocalypse. I see no reason for the game to die

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2019, 04:27:28 pm »

I'm waiting to see if Dustan involves me in his action before I post anything myself.
sorry, ill try and muster the willpower to do so.
i’m rapidly losing interest given that he’s started YET ANOTHER apocalypse, and has done so less than a 2 (50 post)pages. at least he could hold off on ending yet another science game too soon!
We can work together to try to stop the apocalypse. I see no reason for the game to die
that’s not possible without metagaming, and assumes we can actually do something to contain the outbreak, which we can’t.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2019, 04:51:00 pm »

Right, i’d call these experiments a success. have our telekinetics teach our telepaths, and vice versa. also, check the news, i wanna see how my patent as gone over, and what my competitors have achieved.
Sydney’s field is unrelated, but i might as well lend her a hand. my psychics can help her in their time off.

-Dr. Adderson
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:56:18 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2019, 08:24:26 pm »

I'm waiting to see if Dustan involves me in his action before I post anything myself.
sorry, ill try and muster the willpower to do so.
that’s not possible without metagaming, and assumes we can actually do something to contain the outbreak, which we can’t.
To be fair I have yet to roll if there are even any dead lab rats or monkeys in his lab(there's like a 5% chance of dead monkey(cause who just has dead monkeys around) and a 25% chance of dead rats(more believable tho skeletons don't count)) and considering I didn't say he had them in his lab to begin with . . .
Don't let others ruin your fun.(If anything I would be worried about you, your literally giving murders psychic powers)
Also no meta-gaming(unless your psychic than it will just be a roll for how much you can get away with).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:28:34 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2019, 08:31:16 pm »

The reason I aimed for low bodycounts is because they tend to be more on the side of “this person wronged me, and I got revenge” than “I like killing people/do torture for fun”. There are people who genuinely do that, but i was aiming to keep that number as low as possible.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2019, 11:43:54 pm »

Wonderful! These people almost certainly have a better idea of how "humanlike" mental behavior should work. Let's work with them to refine my AI and work out better ways of "learning" for it.
And maybe see about learning psionics myself? It couldn't hurt.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2019, 01:44:12 am »

Quote from: Fiona Flare
Explore the town
[7]The ‘town’ is a megalopolis and you explore every part of it, though you were so engrossed in exploring that you forgot how long you have been in bird mode and are on the other side of the megalopolis. 1 turn till returning to human form

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Dr. Unpleasant
Oh no I've ignored my werewolves, go and look at them to see how there doing, then look for a way to speed up the growth process.
[5] You focus on the werewolves for a while and the human meat has finally grown into a small werewolf, the wolf var werewolf has doubled in size. You are not happy with the speed of their growth so you come up with 3 ways to speed up their growth: 1)let them hunt(will multiply the growth roll by a d6), 2)inject them with growth hormones(growth die changes from a d10>d100), 3)Focus all your attention on them(growth roll changes to d100/2)(this has been happening)

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Inject all the dead lab monkeys and rats with protein X
[3] You go about injecting a dead mouse you found, no lab monkeys or rats for you. 2 turns till police arrival added 1 zombie mouse

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
Right, i’d call these experiments a success. have our telekinetics teach our telepaths, and vice versa. also, check the news, i wanna see how my patent as gone over, and what my competitors have achieved.
Sydney’s field is unrelated, but i might as well lend her a hand. my psychics can help her in their time off.
-Dr. Adderson
[5]Your telepaths can now do telekinetics and visa versa. Your patent has gone over well, some are questioning how you intend to give what you promise. There is nothing on the news about your competitors except a strange call to the police about a deranged scientist, police are on their way. You could reach out mentally and see what everyone is up to. Your psychics give her a +1 to her roll. (you have your patent already incase you were wondering)

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Wonderful! These people almost certainly have a better idea of how "humanlike" mental behavior should work. Let's work with them to refine my AI and work out better ways of "learning" for it.
And maybe see about learning psionics myself? It couldn't hurt.
[3]You refine your AI by doubling its code, there are guaranteed to be a lot of redundancies. You find out you have a great psionic potential.

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2019, 02:56:21 am »

Load up fire alarm sprinklers with neurotoxin and protein x, put on protective suit

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2019, 04:26:46 am »

land in an alley so that when I turn back to a human no one sees a cardinal turn into a human

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2019, 05:28:01 am »

Dr. Unpleasant
Use the growth hormones on the werewolves, and try to teach them some words.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2019, 07:38:49 am »

I’m not psychic yet. Look for more details about the deranged scientist news article, then attempt to discover and unlock my psychic potential. Help sydney with becoming a unlocked psychic as well, if they choose to do so. otherwise, have my volunteers/test subjects continue testing her projects for her.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2019, 09:35:55 am »

Yes, I will gladly accept assistance in becoming psychic!
Additionally, while increasing the size of my AI helps, it doesn’t really accomplish what I’m looking for. Hmn... let’s see about setting it up so that the AI can reprogram itself? I’ll need to monitor it, as well, to make sure it doesn’t go insane or anything like that, but if I can get this to work, then it’ll truly be learning rather than just simulating doing so.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 04:50:21 pm »

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Load up fire alarm sprinklers with neurotoxin and protein x, put on protective suit
[2]You end up breaking all the sprinklers and waste some protein X. You were so frustrated that you forgot to even look for your protective suit.

Quote from: Fiona Flare
land in an alley so that when I turn back to a human no one sees a cardinal turn into a human
[3]You find an alley, unfortunately there was a homeless dude there. You have turned back into a human, there was 1 witness.

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Dr. Unpleasant
Use the growth hormones on the werewolves, and try to teach them some words.
[3]You inject growth hormones into the werewolves, you did not have time to teach them words. The werewolves did not grow as much as expected.

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
I’m not psychic yet. Look for more details about the deranged scientist news article, then attempt to discover and unlock my psychic potential. Help sydney with becoming a unlocked psychic as well, if they choose to do so. otherwise, have my volunteers/test subjects continue testing her projects for her.
(I thought you were psychic already)[5]There is nothing in the news yet about the deranged scientist, the news outlets tell people that they will be kept up to date as the authorities do. Turns out you have some psychic potential, Sydney was not able to unlock her psychic potential, yet.

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Yes, I will gladly accept assistance in becoming psychic!
Additionally, while increasing the size of my AI helps, it doesn’t really accomplish what I’m looking for. Hmn... let’s see about setting it up so that the AI can reprogram itself? I’ll need to monitor it, as well, to make sure it doesn’t go insane or anything like that, but if I can get this to work, then it’ll truly be learning rather than just simulating doing so.
[1]You end up eliminating 10% of the AI code thinking that would help the AI reprogram itself and improve. Turns out nothing changed. You were trying so hard to work on your AI you did not have time to unlock your psychic potential.

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Sorry about the long wait, time got away from me between work, play/modding my new game, and setting stuff up for an upcoming memorial.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2019, 04:58:08 pm »

Talk to the person
Hi. My name is Fiona. As you have seen, I have the ability to turn into a cardinal. If you were to come to m lab I have a device that would allow you to turn into animals as well. Can you not tell others of this? I am unsure how people would react to a shapeshifer

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:00 pm »

...check to make absolutely certain that nothing changed; I don't want to have crippled this thing because I removed important code.
If the AI has been damaged, fix it. Otherwise, let's spend the remaining time getting my psionic potential realized. Is precognition an option?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19