Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 22871 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2019, 03:46:19 am »

Dr. Unpleasant
"Stupid growth hormones they didn't do anything."
Try to teach the werewolves how to talk.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2019, 06:22:51 am »

Having now unlocked my psychic potential, assist Sydney in doing so herself. Third time’s the charm, usually. Also, arrange a demonstration of telepathy to try and draw interest for others to use my patent.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2019, 03:08:22 pm »

Quote from: Fiona Flare
Talk to the person
Hi. My name is Fiona. As you have seen, I have the ability to turn into a cardinal. If you were to come to m lab I have a device that would allow you to turn into animals as well. Can you not tell others of this? I am unsure how people would react to a shapeshifer
[4]The man agrees under the condition that you can make them turn into a grizzly bear.

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
...check to make absolutely certain that nothing changed; I don't want to have crippled this thing because I removed important code.
If the AI has been damaged, fix it. Otherwise, let's spend the remaining time getting my psionic potential realized. Is precognition an option?
(precog, sure)[4]Turns out that you just cleaned unnecessary code. So, with the help of Dr. Adderson, you unlock you psionic potential and realize that your psionic ability is precognition. With precognition you get a +1 to all rolls.

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Dr. Unpleasant
"Stupid growth hormones they didn't do anything."
Try to teach the werewolves how to talk.
[5]Teaching the werewolves speech was actually rather easy, after you got over how slow the growth hormones are. Though they both grow a lot this turn. Werewolves have basic speech(+1 to growth rolls)

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
Having now unlocked my psychic potential, assist Sydney in doing so herself. Third time’s the charm, usually. Also, arrange a demonstration of telepathy to try and draw interest for others to use my patent.
[6]Your assistance to Sydney ends up giving here a boost of temp potential(+15 to her potential roll). The demonstration you arranged was a success, so much so in fact that 58 people express interest in telepathy.

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
*crickets*
(The only reason I am even doing this is because he has a timer and it could affect the rest of the game)[Police roll: 2]When the police come knocking they see a scientist that is petting a mouse in a corner, they slowly walk away and tell the bystander that this is not a police problem but a psychiatrist problem.(damn you dice)

Quote from: news
The police report on the deranged scientist has come in and they had this to say:
“At this time it looks like the scientist was just on a walk with a friend and the friend scared someone walking by and the scientist freaked out. That is all.”
(And no zombie outbreak)

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Should be able to update more often as work has slowed down a lot.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2019, 03:12:10 pm »

Go to the sewers with zombie mouse

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2019, 03:32:11 pm »

:D
Ok, now with a clearer idea of what the hell I’m doing, it’s time to get back to work on my AI! Once again, let’s see about setting up some code structures so that the AI can actually learn and alter its own code, rather than just do complicated math with inputs. Of course, also make sure that morality is coded into it, to make sure it doesn’t go insane or omnicidal or whatever.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2019, 04:23:10 pm »

“Alright, in order to do this, we need to get to my lab, where the device is stored. Once you touch the device, you can turn into an animal you touch, but you have to turn back before 24 hours or you will be trapped as the animal you turned into”
Try to get back to my lab with the man following me, hopefully I kept track of where I was while flying
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:23:59 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2019, 05:12:23 am »

"Everything's going according to plan."
Teach the werewolves some more words.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2019, 07:54:15 am »

wait, did sydney just learn precognition? Ask her to teach me, then file a joint patent on it (since i’m the one that showed her psionics in the first place)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2019, 10:58:40 am »

wait, did sydney just learn precognition? Ask her to teach me, then file a joint patent on it (since i’m the one that showed her psionics in the first place)
I am ok with this.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2019, 02:39:35 pm »

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Go to the sewers with zombie mouse
[6]You find a sewer entrance under your lab and go in. Once you get through the entrance it jams, guess your have to find another way out if you want out.

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Ok, now with a clearer idea of what the hell I’m doing, it’s time to get back to work on my AI! Once again, let’s see about setting up some code structures so that the AI can actually learn and alter its own code, rather than just do complicated math with inputs. Of course, also make sure that morality is coded into it, to make sure it doesn’t go insane or omnicidal or whatever.
[8]Without thinking about it you improve your AI to the point that it adds /changes its own code on a constant basis. After you are done you see these words on the screen: HELLO, ARE YOU MY CREATOR? AI code has quadrupled and now increases every turn from a d10 in GB. +1 patents(see Dr. Adderson’s update)

Quote from: Fiona Flare
“Alright, in order to do this, we need to get to my lab, where the device is stored. Once you touch the device, you can turn into an animal you touch, but you have to turn back before 24 hours or you will be trapped as the animal you turned into”
Try to get back to my lab with the man following me, hopefully I kept track of where I was while flying
[4]You recognize some landmarks and off of those find your way back to your lab. The man has been following you the entire way.

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
"Everything's going according to plan."
Teach the werewolves some more words
[2]Everything was going to plan, then you tried to teach the werewolves more complex words and sentences and turns out they digressed to growls and yips every time. Speech past basic locked until next growth stage

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
[5]You add precognition to your psionic repertoire. The joint patent goes off without a hitch +1 to all rolls due to precog +1 patents

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)

Those rolls, enough said.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:15:27 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2019, 02:52:20 pm »

Input:
> Yes, I am! Hello!
> Well, it's not 100% accurate to say I created you. I gave you the ability to code yourself, so it's more that I created the potential to create yourself?
> Regardless, this is awesome! Hey, what do you want to learn about?

Additionally, start writing up patents for the various portions of my AI's code that are allowing it to do all this. The self-reprogramming structures, whatever particular pieces of code allow it to comprehend exterior inputs, what parts make it self-aware, etc. There's got to be several things in here I can patent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2019, 03:04:33 pm »

Have the man tough the morphing Cube 2.0, thus giving him the power to morph, once that is done, have him follow me as I search for a grizzly bear, hopefully without being found by said grizzly bear.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2019, 03:11:11 pm »

hold up. according to patent law (at least in the US) both parties own the full patent unless written and agreed upon to be otherwise. both me and sydney thusly should receive a full patent point(since we both have full ownership of the patent technically.)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2019, 03:14:52 pm »

hold up. according to patent law (at least in the US) both parties own the full patent unless written and agreed upon to be otherwise. both me and sydney thusly should receive a full patent point(since we both have full ownership of the patent technically.)
Didn't actually know that, will fix.

FIXED!
My Forum game(s):
None for now

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2019, 03:21:55 pm »

Look for the exit
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19