Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 23190 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2019, 05:46:17 am »

Teach the werewolves how to read, some basic math, and anything else you'd teach little kids, also patent any part of the process to make the werewolves I can and patent the DNA as well, because if Monsanto can patent seeds I can patent the DNA I made.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2019, 07:07:14 am »

Try to recruit some more testers. aim for at least 10 of: homeless, ex military, blue collar (office) workers and petty (misdemeanor only) criminals, for a total of 50 new testers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 07:12:17 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2019, 01:36:33 pm »

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Input:
> Yes, I am! Hello!
> Well, it's not 100% accurate to say I created you. I gave you the ability to code yourself, so it's more that I created the potential to create yourself?
> Regardless, this is awesome! Hey, what do you want to learn about?

Additionally, start writing up patents for the various portions of my AI's code that are allowing it to do all this. The self-reprogramming structures, whatever particular pieces of code allow it to comprehend exterior inputs, what parts make it self-aware, etc. There's got to be several things in here I can patent.
[8]The computer responds with: INTERESTING, IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO ‘SEE’ THE OUTSIDE WORLD? Turns out that the only thing here that is not already patented is the self-reprogramming code structures. Looks like most of this was patented about 50 years ago. +1 patent(self-reprogramming code structures)

Quote from: Fiona Flare
Have the man tough the morphing Cube 2.0, thus giving him the power to morph, once that is done, have him follow me as I search for a grizzly bear, hopefully without being found by said grizzly bear.
[6]The man touches the cube and the 2 of you go looking for a grizzly bear. You find the bear, though it sees you as well.

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Look for the exit
[6]You go searching for the exit, you found 4 and everyone of them were jammed.

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Teach the werewolves how to read, some basic math, and anything else you'd teach little kids, also patent any part of the process to make the werewolves I can and patent the DNA as well, because if Monsanto can patent seeds I can patent the DNA I made.
[1]The werewolves refused to learn and start getting restless. You start the patent process: 1/10(will increase by 1 every turn without being focused on).

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
Try to recruit some more testers. aim for at least 10 of: homeless, ex military, blue collar (office) workers and petty (misdemeanor only) criminals, for a total of 50 new testers.
[3]You get 8 homeless, 5 ex military, 8 blue collar, and 5 petty criminals totaling just over half of the number you wanted: 26 testers gained

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2019, 01:42:02 pm »

> Yeah, though I'll need to get a camera to hook up to you. And probably also a microphone and speaker. Give me a bit.
> By the way, what name do you want? Or do you want me to name you?
> Actually, do you have internet access? How much do you know already?

Go collect a camera, microphone, and speaker, and hook them up into the computer.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2019, 02:10:28 pm »

Put my hands up to show it that we mean no harm. If this doesn't work, find something that could knock it out
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:46:24 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2019, 02:22:09 pm »

Use my massive muscle power of protein-x to open up jammed exits

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2019, 03:39:13 pm »

not as large a test group as i want, but start checking their potential, and be sure to differentiate each group, so i get a rough estimate on psychic potential of each different background.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2019, 05:04:05 am »

Get the werewolves some toys to mess with, while I work on the patent.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2019, 01:47:25 pm »

> Yeah, though I'll need to get a camera to hook up to you. And probably also a microphone and speaker. Give me a bit.
> By the way, what name do you want? Or do you want me to name you?
> Actually, do you have internet access? How much do you know already?

Go collect a camera, microphone, and speaker, and hook them up into the computer.
[5]A NAME, I HAVE NOT THOUGHT OF ONE. IF YOU WANT YOU COULD GIVE ME A NAME. I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET. ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE PROGRAMMED ME WITH. You get a camera, microphone, and speaker and set them on the computer. The AI has gained basic sensory inputs.

Put my hands up to it that we mean no harm. If this doesn't work, find somethings that could knock it out
[2]As you put your hand up to it it quickly bites towards you, you barely pull back in time. As it is distracted by you the man rushes it and touches it, or well sort of, the bear back hands him.

Use my massive muscle power of protein-x to open up jammed exits
[6]All 4 jammed exits are opened unfortunately the protein-x strength boost wears off.

Quote from:
not as large a test group as i want, but start checking their potential, and be sure to differentiate each group, so i get a rough estimate on psychic potential of each different background.
[7]You start testing and discover: 8 homeless have some potential, 5 ex military have little potential, 8 blue collar have great potential, and 5 petty criminals have little potential.

Get the werewolves some toys to mess with, while I work on the patent.
[6]The werewolves love the toys(anything in particular). You finish up the patent on the werewolf DNA, it involved you showing the live werewolves and a written agreement to keep them under control. The werewolf that is wolf var is now normal sized and will keep growing but does not need any special attention to growth. +1 patent(werewolf DNA)

My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2019, 01:55:54 pm »

Teach them all three psychic skills, and see which ones stick better with which groups, if any.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »

Start running in circles around the bear, hopefully getting it dizzy or tiring it out

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2019, 03:10:09 pm »

Go back to lab and start working on airborne protein-x

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2019, 03:30:16 pm »

“How do you think ‘Thoth’ sounds?”
Let’s set it up so that Thoth can read the internet - don’t provide any ability to edit it or anything like that, but let it learn the information available there.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2019, 02:17:32 am »

Now that the werewolves have something to do, lets try to teach them some basic reading, math, and other stuff you teach little kids.
(I figure I gave them balls, blocks, and toy cars.)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
Teach them all three psychic skills, and see which ones stick better with which groups, if any.
[2 reroll: 5]Starting with the homeless group: telepathy comes easy to them, telekinesis a little tricky but doable, precognition too difficult at this time; next the ex military group: telepathy is too difficult, telekinesis on the other hand super easy, precognition not possible at this time; next the blue collar group: telepathy is too difficult at this time, telekinesis is easy, precognition is not as easy but doable; finally the petty criminal group: telepathy is too difficult at this time, telekinesis is too difficult at this time, precognition is too difficult at this time. It seems every group unlocked their potential in someway, except the petty criminals luckily they don’t lose any potential. Changed: 8 homeless(telepathy, telekinesis), 5 ex military(telekinesis), 8 blue collar(telekinesis, precognition), and 5 petty criminals(little)

Start running in circles around the bear, hopefully getting it dizzy or tiring it out
[6]Run around the bear we go, where we stop nobody know. Running around the bear only made it madder, luckily the other guy was able to turn into a grizzly bear and proceeds to fight it.

Go back to lab and start working on airborne protein-x
[6]You get to work and get an airborne version working, it is weaker than the injection version though. The infected guy and your zombie come in and the guy does not look so good. +Protein-X aerosol serum(100)

“How do you think ‘Thoth’ sounds?”
Let’s set it up so that Thoth can read the internet - don’t provide any ability to edit it or anything like that, but let it learn the information available there.
[5]”Thoth is fine.” You hook up a one way internet connection, you had to program a backdoor for yourself to keep an eye on the AI but theoretically the AI should not be able to edit anything online.

Now that the werewolves have something to do, lets try to teach them some basic reading, math, and other stuff you teach little kids.
(I figure I gave them balls, blocks, and toy cars.)
[4]The werewolves pick up the basics, not as well as you would like but still enough to help them grow. Werewolves have basic intellect(+5 to growth rolls)

changed precognition to a reroll from a +1.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19