Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 22879 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MAD Scientists
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:28:05 pm »

Ah science, it has been your friend for as long as you can remember. Your friend helped you with an idea you had. It took a while to see your idea come to life. How long did it take?
1) 1 day (it’s already possible, just not even close to how you wanted)
2) 1 months(your friend hates you, what happened is the opposite of what you wanted)
3) 3 months(only part of your idea works)
4) 6 month(it works, hopefully)
5) 1 long year(everything works as intended)
6) 5 really long years(you made sure it works and then some)

What was your idea?
A)generic cloning
B)super clones
C)fission cloning
D)not cloning, anything but cloning(write in, something sciency from fiction or the future)

Oh ya and what is your name?

What is this: An RTD about being a crazy scientist.
The Rolls: Sciency:
  1) it’s already possible, just not even close to how you wanted
  2) your friend hates you, what happened is the opposite of what you wanted
  3) only part of your idea works
  4) it works, hopefully
  5) everything works as intended
  6) you made sure it works and then some
 Other:
  1) it broke in a horrific way
  2) it just breaks
  3) it does not break, it also does not happen
  4) it kind of happens
  5) it perfectly happens
  6) it perfectly happens, it also breaks
How many players: 10 max, 2 min
Update schedule: Ya that never has worked. Just hope it does not end.
Is there an ending: No more scientists, 1 month without an update(unless I mention a hiatus), or 1st scientist with 10 patents
How do I get patents and what are they: Sell an invention or steal one from another player, for this game they are just victory points and nothing else
 How do I steal one: Do you want me to tell you everything?
  Yes: Figure that one out on your own.
Where are we: Does Earth sound good?
 What if I say no: Too bad.
When are we: 2050
 Why: Because I said so.
Will there be a sequel: Ask me when this ends.
 Is this a sequel to something: I don’t know, at most it’s a spiritual successor to Scientist Roll to Dodge
What about . . .: You know what any more question can come from actual people.
 But I am a person: . . . You are me
  What: Enough.

Any questions?

Current Players:
Dr. Unpleasant/King Zultan
Fiona Flare/Naturegirl1999
Dr. Adderson/Dustan Hache
Arnold Stronkheim/sprinkled chariot
Sydney Hertz/Glass
Dr. Darius/darkwarlock3

Current Patents:
Dr. Adderson/Dustan Hache: 3
Sydney Hertz/Glass: 3
Dr. Unpleasant/King Zultan: 1

World Info:
mportant figures:
Clovis's Mayor Lillian Cobb
Laws:
Pet snakes are outlawed
Patents:
telepathic communication has been patented by Dr. Adderson
precognition has been jointly patented by Dr. Adderson and Sydney Hertz
self-reprogramming code structures patented by Sydney Hertz
werewolf DNA patented by Dr. Unpleasant
telekinesis has been patented by Dr. Adderson
128TB SSDs have been patented by Sydney Hertz
World Moods:
wary of psionics(-10 to all psionic recruitment rolls)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:20:03 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:26:06 am »

Name: Dr. Unpleasant

How long did it take?

What was your idea?
D)not cloning, anything but cloning(write in, something sciency from fiction or the future)
  Genetic Engineering
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 12:11:59 pm »

Fiona Flare

How long did it take?
6) 5 really long year(you made sure it works and then some)

What was your idea?
The Morphing Cube 2.0
After the war with the Yeerks, Fiona learned about the technology the ‘Andalite bandits’ used. Sa cube that gave people the power to morph into any animal they touch. This lasts for two hours. Fiona managed to convince the Andalites to let her try to improve it. Her improvements allowed her to create Morphing Cube 2.0, which is like the original except that it is possible to be in morph for an entire day without getting trapped as your morph, as opposed to the 2 hour limit of the original
(Have you read Animorphs? Would this be allowed?)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 01:20:41 pm »

Name: Dr Adderson
Idea: Psionic powers, and how to access them.
Timeframe: 5 years, 3 spent doing rigorous testing on both humans and animals to determine it’s existence, and the other two developing various prototype methods for accessing it.

The idea of psychic power has been around and well known, but very few attempts have been made to harness it with the rise of cybernetics and genetic engineering. as such, the power of the mind is almost entirely unexplored and most of the potential applications have yet to be discovered.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 02:03:28 pm »

You all are going for the very easy time frame option and no cloning. :(

The Morphing Cube 2.0
After the war with the Yeerks, Fiona learned about the technology the ‘Andalite bandits’ used. Sa cube that gave people the power to morph into any animal they touch. This lasts for two hours. Fiona managed to convince the Andalites to let her try to improve it. Her improvements allowed her to create Morphing Cube 2.0, which is like the original except that it is possible to be in morph for an entire day without getting trapped as your morph, as opposed to the 2 hour limit of the original
(Have you read Animorphs? Would this be allowed?)
No I have not read Animorphs, tho I will allow this.

Timeframe: 5 years, 3 spent doing rigorous testing on both humans and animals to determine it’s existence, and the other two developing various prototype methods for accessing it.

The idea of psychic power has been around and well known, but very few attempts have been made to harness it with the rise of cybernetics and genetic engineering. as such, the power of the mind is almost entirely unexplored and most of the potential applications have yet to be discovered.
Ehh, I'm not a fan of psionics, tho I will allow it(I swear if you go for the magic route).
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 02:06:57 pm »

Ok
here is a link to the animorphs eboks
If interested. The ebooks vis the link are free

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 06:31:15 pm »

Ehh, I'm not a fan of psionics, tho I will allow it(I swear if you go for the magic route).
the only reason magic happened in the last game that Dr.Adderson was involved in was because some crazy archaeologist turned warlock forced him to learn some, after others decided to use that as their research. i much prefer to go the “X-Com” route with psionics. Telekinesis, mind control, and similar are what I prefer to go for.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 10:07:50 pm »

Did my character get excepted?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 10:44:20 pm »

Did my character get excepted?
Opps, yes it's fine.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 10:23:56 am »

Name: Dr. Unpleasant

How long did it take?

What was your idea?
  Genetic Engineering
Science has shown you how to modify genes and you can do it perfectly. Anything revolving genetic manipulation gets a re-roll. Your current lab has a gene-splicer and a centrifuge.

Fiona Flare

How long did it take?
6) 5 really long year(you made sure it works and then some)

What was your idea?
The Morphing Cube 2.0
Science has been kind to you and allowed you to make your Morphing Cube 2.0. Every time you use the Morphing Cube 2.0 you get a reroll. Your current lab has a Morphing Cube and the Morphing Cube 2.0.

Science gas gifted you psychic powers. Anything revolving psychics gets a re-roll. Your current lab has a brain in a jar and a metal helmet.

How do you all proceed?

Spoiler: Dr. Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fiona Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dr Adderson (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 10:52:28 am »

Fiona touches the Morphing Cube 2.0 to gain the power to morph. She then searches for an animal to morph into

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 11:23:09 am »

a Brain in a jar!? seriously? i need volunteers, not anatomy experiments!
Go find other people to test for psychic potential!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 12:31:28 pm »

Name: Malady Maleficarum

How long did it take?
 5) 1 year. My brilliance may be boundless but I do not tolerate mistakes.

What was your idea?
Gelatinous Organized Omnimorphic Polymatter. Also known as Grey GOOP. A form of metal that can actively recycle other matter for its own base elements to grow itself, and replicate any material down to the molecular level(user knowledge permitting)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 02:11:16 pm »

Name: Malady Maleficarum

How long did it take?
 5) 1 year. My brilliance may be boundless but I do not tolerate mistakes.

What was your idea?
Gelatinous Organized Omnimorphic Polymatter. Also known as Grey GOOP. A form of metal that can actively recycle other matter for its own base elements to grow itself, and replicate any material down to the molecular level(user knowledge permitting)
Accepted with glee.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 02:38:13 pm »

I’m guessing our combination of our collective inventions will result in chais
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19