Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: MAD Scientists  (Read 22875 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAD Scientists
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 11:42:36 am »

Malady
Hmm, well, long term containment would come later. For now, get the least compatible material to make a box out of.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 12:11:22 pm »

Quote from: Fiona
Fiona tries to find a bird
[3]You look in the sky to see if there are any birds out, you see empty sky. Although there are birds in the pet shop.

Quote from: Arnold Stronkheim
Go to local gym together with the corpse and START LIFTING WEIGHTS
[1]As soon as you and the zombie leave the lab it targets a passersby. [5]The passerby was infected by the zombie before either one of you could react. (# of passersby: 1(you are one lucky person)) Infected people will not die, though can keep active zombies docile by being next to them, if passerby becomes infected or attacked by a zombie they will inform the authorities unless stopped.

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
Take said half, and begin testing them to see if any of them have psionic potential. The more potential, the better.
-Dr.Adderson
[5] You begin testing 17 of the inmates and discover: 7 have perfect potential, 6 have excellent potential, and 4 have great potential. (psionic unlock potential percentages: perfect(95-100), excellent(85-95), great(70-85), good(50-70), some(25-50), little(0-25), null(0))

Quote from: Dr. Unpleasant
Dr. Unpleasant
I shall take my werewolf DNA and grow it into a werewolf.
[4 reroll:3]You take your werewolf DNA and decide to grow it. To grow it you find a slab of human meat and a slab of wolf meat and inject the DNA in each and put lay them out and start waiting for them to grow. Growing DNA will either go up or down depending on rolls+modifiers; if it hits 100 the DNA was successfully grown, if it hit -100 it spoils and cannot be grown

Quote from: Malady
Malady
Hmm, well, long term containment would come later. For now, get the least compatible material to make a box out of
[6]The least compatible material is wood, glass is a close second. you make the containment box bottom and sides out of wood and the top out of glass. Box size 6cm on all sides.

Spoiler: General Knowledge (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2019, 12:23:39 pm »

Fiona touches the bird in the pet shop, concentrating on it, and thinks about turning into it, thus activating the Morphing power to turn into the bird
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 12:40:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 12:34:57 pm »

GO TO GYM WITH MY BODYBUILDING BUDDY

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2019, 04:07:31 am »

A good start. now, lets try teaching them some basic psionic skills. perhaps telepathy for the sake of communication?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2019, 04:38:28 am »

Dr. Unpleasant
Wait for the DNA to grow, then make some werewolf babies with THE POWER OF SCIENCE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 11:15:24 pm »

Once again waiting on Failbird and again have the rest of the update ready.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 08:55:09 am »

well, I suppose the safest place to start testing the GOOP is with its material mimicry ability. Convert roughly half the GOOP into solid gold.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 11:08:07 am »

Quote from: Fiona
Fiona touches the bird in the pet shop, concentrating on it, and thinks about turning into it, thus activating the Morphing power to turn into the bird
[6]Concentrate, not a bird, concentrate, almost. a bird, concentrate, a bird! What kind tho?(gain ability: animal knowledge(instinctive know what animal you morph into and what it does)) current animal: cardinal(flight, song(2 part whistle))

GO TO GYM WITH MY BODYBUILDING BUDDY
[4]You completely ignore the passerby that got infected and head to the gym. The passerby decides to try to follow you and ask you what that was all about and explain otherwise they will inform the authorities. You have not made it to the gym yet, you must talk to this passerby first, or on the way, your choice.

Quote from: Dr. Adderson
A good start. now, lets try teaching them some basic psionic skills. perhaps telepathy for the sake of communication?
[2 reroll:4] The 7 perfect and 6 excellent learn telepathy easily, the 4 great fail to learn telepathy(perfect and excellent changed to unlocked).

Dr. Unpleasant
Wait for the DNA to grow, then make some werewolf babies with THE POWER OF SCIENCE!
[3 reroll:6]You watch the DNA grow . . . the human variant gets to 30/100 and the wolf variant gets to 84/100. Growing DNA takes a long time, werewolf babies later.

Quote from: Malady Maleficarum
well, I suppose the safest place to start testing the GOOP is with its material mimicry ability. Convert roughly half the GOOP into solid gold.
[4]You get a nugget of gold and take half the GOOP and have it eat the gold until it looks like gold. It never really gets to the point of looking exactly like gold, it does end up having the properties of gold, except the coloring(1 1cm cube Grey GOOP changed to: 1 5mm cube Grey GOOP and 1 1cm cube Grey GOOP(properties of gold minus the color)).

My Forum game(s):
None for now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2019, 12:04:12 pm »

Fly around the city and learn more about it, what buildings are there? Anything odd happening? What animals are common here?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 03:04:38 pm »

Forgive my foolish bodybuilder friend, he is cutting carbohydrates in his diet to get in best shape for ARNOLD CLASSIC BODYBUILDING CONTEST, cutting carbs causes such agression followed by lack of energy  sometimes

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2019, 06:12:41 am »

Dr. Unpleasant

"Well looks like I'll have to wait even longer for the werewolves."
While I wait for the stuff to finish, look for abandoned factories available for sale on the internet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2019, 09:29:05 am »

”A good start to things so far, lets take our new telepaths and test them against various forms of transmitters for range and effectiveness of telepathy. It may become better in some circumstances to have a person capable of transmitting their thoughts to another where radio and satellite signals would fail.
While We are at it, lets take the ones who didnt manage to learn telepathy and try them on a different project: Telekinesis.”

-Dr.Adderson
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:30:44 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 10:14:53 pm »

Name: Sydney Hertz
Idea: Creating a true digital mind, beyond the constraints of an organic mind. By extension, uploading of consciousness to computers. (Note: friend was Dr. Nix)
Timeframe: 6 months (we have a decent prototype?)

Time to find someone who can help with testing the ability, intelligence, and "personness" of my creation.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2019, 10:56:13 pm »

Quote from: Fiona Flare
Fly around the city and learn more about it, what buildings are there? Anything odd happening? What animals are common here?
[1]You through the air with-- spat, you actually hit many buildings as you fly. So many in fact that you should probably rest in a safe spot. -1 to next action unless it is resting

Forgive my foolish bodybuilder friend, he is cutting carbohydrates in his diet to get in best shape for ARNOLD CLASSIC BODYBUILDING CONTEST, cutting carbs causes such agression followed by lack of energy  sometimes
[1]The passerby looks at you doubtfully and say, “Is that the best you could come up with? Screw you I am calling the cops!” She proceeds to get out her phone and call the cops.

Dr. Unpleasant

"Well looks like I'll have to wait even longer for the werewolves."
While I wait for the stuff to finish, look for abandoned factories available for sale on the internet.
[2]Nothing came up with the search of abandoned factories. DNA growing:  the human variant gets to 32/100 and the wolf variant gets to 100/100->small werewolf(wolf var) 11/300, once DNA is successfully grow it starts at small and must grow using normal(tho accelerated) means.

Quote from: Dr.Adderson
”A good start to things so far, lets take our new telepaths and test them against various forms of transmitters for range and effectiveness of telepathy. It may become better in some circumstances to have a person capable of transmitting their thoughts to another where radio and satellite signals would fail.
While We are at it, lets take the ones who didnt manage to learn telepathy and try them on a different project: Telekinesis.”
-Dr.Adderson
[6]Transmitting thoughts can go about 600 meters regardless of obstacles, definitely better than walkie talkies and other types of hand-held radios. The ones who didn’t manage to learn telepathy grasp telekinesis much easier. (great changed to unlocked)

Quote from: Sydney Hertz
Name: Sydney Hertz
Idea: Creating a true digital mind, beyond the constraints of an organic mind. By extension, uploading of consciousness to computers. (Note: friend was Dr. Nix)
Timeframe: 6 months (we have a decent prototype?)

Time to find someone who can help with testing the ability, intelligence, and "personness" of my creation.
Science has given you a 128 terabyte preformatted computer with a tiny AI(100 GB). How this will help you I don’t know, science is finicky sometimes. Your current lab has a 128 terabyte preformatted computer with a 100GB AI.

Spoiler: Sydney Hertz/Glass (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:13:58 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19