Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [44.12] Angel Assault!  (Read 5310 times)

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.12] Angel Assault!
« on: September 17, 2019, 06:56:32 am »

First mod! Download here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14536

Adds creatures from the Judo-christian divine hierachy, including 3 new megabeasts, 2 semimegabeasts, 2 rampaging natural sieges, 2 curses and 3 regional interactions. All angels are trap avoid.

Fanciful
Seraphim - appears only in legends.

3 megabeasts
-Angel of Death - A six armed, six winged monstrosity with way to many tongues, don't leave it to long or else it may wipe the names of your dwarve's out of the book of life!
-Angel of the Pit - A four armed warrior clad in iron armour, it will use your dwarves to spawn an army of half locust, half human abominations if you do not kill it quickly!
-Angel of Punishment  Carrying a flaming whip, this angel fully intends to punish your dwarves for their crimes. Whether they survive is another issue entirely.

2 semimegabeasts
- Cherubim - four headed, six winged humanoids, these guys are lethal swordsmen and more then willing to burn your fortress to the ground if it is needed.
- Throne - floating rings covered in eyes and wings, Thrones can perform all sorts of miracles and spells to ruin your dwarves day. On the other hand, if you manage to capture it it will make an excellent scholar!

The Heavenly Host - a sort of natural siege that can appear in any land biome. Between 20 and 80 angels of various ranks all determined to bring !!FUN!! to your fortress, some of which drop divine goodies!
-Angel - the run of the mill angel skilled in melee combat and swordsmen. Armed with a sword and breastplate of divine metal.
-Archangel - capable of judging your dwarves, making them slower and more prone to stress and adept various combat skills. Armed with a sword and breastplate of divine metal. 200 of every 999 angels will be archangels.
-Principality - capable of judging your dwarves like the archangel and armed with a mace, breastplate and helmet of divine metal. Is professional in various combat skills. 100 of every 999 angels wil be principalities.
-Power - capable of a range of spells and interactions, from shielding to judging to firing shooting stars at your dwarves. 75 of every 999 angels will be Powers.
-Virtue - capable of healing and buffing other angels, these guys should be top of your list to kill! 50 of every 999 angels will be Virtues.
-Dominion - capable of various spells and armed with a sword and near complete armor of divine metal. Dominions are grandmaster fighters and swordsmen. 10 of every 999 angels will be Dominions.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - a group of four riders who can arrive in any savage biome and opposed to life.
- Conquest - Armed with a bow and able to rain arrows down on your dwarves.
- War - Armed with a sword and a master fighter, every day war can make three of your dwarves join its side.
- Famine - Armed with a pair of scales. Releases a foul mist that causes disease and rots your dwarves.
- Death - Armed with a scythe and a master fighter. Raises the dead.

2 curses:
- Curse of Babel - removes the ability to speak in anything bar utterances.
- Curse of the Pillar - turns you into an immobile pillar of salt.

3 regional interactions:
- Fate of Soddom and Gomorrah - A cloud of boiling gas that turns turns your dwarves into Pillars of Salt, like the curse. Only in evil grasslands, hills and deserts.
- Apocalpyse! - molten basalt raining from the sky! Only in evil regions.
- Blessed Rain - creates Eden on earth, making any creature rained upon no longer LIKE_FIGHTING, BLOODSUCKER or CRAZED anymore. On the downside, the rain may create a Guardian of the Garden determined to remove you from such a blessed place. Only occurs in Joyous Wild forests.

The Four Cardinal Archangels - These four angels can join your fortress and have various benefits. Each is an expert scholar for various topics:
- Angel of the South (Michael) = effectively a Dominion from the heavenly host who joins your fortress. Will make a worthy addition to your military squads. Can
  perform the Judgement and Heavenly Prayer interactions. Is an excellent scholar for topics relating to the humanities (history and philosophy).
- Angel of the West (Gabriel) = The Angel of the West carries a trumptet, whose blowing causes pain and fear. It is an excellent scholar for natural processes
  (geography, naturalist)
- Angel of the East (Raphael = a master doctor, the Angel of the East will use various miracles to speed up your dwarves recuperation and heal sicknesses. It is
  an excellent scholar for medical topics.
- Angel of the North (Uriel) = The Angel of the North has dominion over fire and can throw fireballs and launch firejets. It is an excellent scholar for the scientific
  topics (Astronomy, chemistry, engineering, mathematics).

The Divine Ark (of the Covenant) - An golden box with two statues of cherubim. An extremely valuable pet, it cannot move to but its presence makes your  dwarves happier with its first interaction. It's second interaction is an attack that rots those affected rapidly until they die. If 'killed' it drops a masterwork gold chest.

Special thanks to ZM5 for creating many of the interactions used in this mod, and to Meph for helping with interactions I made.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:31:22 pm by Seraphim »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Angel Assault!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 07:36:28 am »

Sounds cool. Have you tested these creatures against dwarves? Do they have attack triggers? They seem incredibly strong.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:52:50 am »

Really creative mod idea, seeing as many biblical angels certainly fit the tone of DF. Looking forward to trying this out. :D
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 08:14:38 am »

Really creative mod idea, seeing as many biblical angels certainly fit the tone of DF. Looking forward to trying this out. :D

This would be cool to play in an evil biome with the goetia mod

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 08:40:46 am »

I wanted to keep them true to the biblical lore in which they were strong, and to make sure they last through world generation for a little while, and in my test forts my squads could usually take down the mega's with a few losses and epic battle. But glad you guys like the look of it!

But having looked at some of the creatures I made earlier I have made some changes:

V0.91
>Attack triggers increased, semimegabeasts attack at 100, megabeasts at 120.
>Angel of Death can only perform its The End interaction once per day.
>Megabeasts and semimegabeasts no longer take half damage from all sources.
>Overall reduction in megabeast skills to maximum of master.
>Throne's rings no longer made of Divine Metal, now marble
>Dominion sword and melee skills reduced to Great.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Angel Assault!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 02:41:20 pm »

Have you considered adding Horsemen of the Apocalypse to this mod?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 02:57:27 pm »

I have not, although now you have suggested it I am already getting ideas, not sure if I would make them semimegabeasts or a group of four who arrive as a squad of four though!

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 07:48:26 pm »

The big flaming sword that guards Eden would also be a good addition.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 07:54:11 pm »

Now you just need a script that says: "If dwarf tower = height X, then spawn "hosts of heaven"". [Glorious chants come from the sky above!] followed by everyone being slaughtered by a wave of angels. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 09:00:36 pm »

I haven't had time to try it yet, but this looks like a really fun mod. Thanks for making it!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 11:24:27 am »

Currently playing adventure mode with this mod, long-term goal is an angel-killing spree.

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 01:11:20 pm »

Please let me know how you do PlumpHelmetMan! I could never get the grip of adventurer mode... thinking about it the Angel of Death is probably not balanced at all for it

Also The Four Horsemen and Guardian of Eden are both undergoing testing and will be included in  the next update along with some old testament style curses!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:15:46 pm by Seraphim »

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 07:19:37 am »

V0.92
> Bug fixes. Heavenly Prayer interaction now works.
> Added three new curses:
   > Curse of Babel - makes people unable to speak to others, only in utterances.
   > Curse of the Pillar - turns the accursed into statues made of rock salt.
> Added three new region interactions:
   > Fate of Soddom and Gomorrah - A cloud of boiling gas that turns turns your dwarves into Pillars of Salt, like the curse. Only in evil grasslands, hills and deserts.
   > Apocalpyse! - molten basalt raining from the sky! Only in evil regions.
   > Blessed Rain - creates Eden on earth, making any creature rained upon no longer LIKE_FIGHTING, BLOODSUCKER or CRAZED anymore. On the downside,
       the rain may create a Guardian of the Garden determined to remove you from such a blessed place. Only  occurs in Joyous Wild forests.
> Added the Four Horsemen of the Apocalpyse, a squad of four riders each with their own powers and abilities to bring ruin to the world.
   > Conquest - Armed with a bow and able to rain arrows down on your dwarves.
   > War - Armed with a sword and a master fighter, every day war can make three of your dwarves join its side.
   > Famine - Armed with a pair of scales. Releases a foul mist that causes disease and rots your dwarves.
   > Death - Armed with a scythe and a master fighter. Raises the dead.
> Added the Guardian of Eden, a smaller cherubim with a flaming sword and a new interaction. Only spawns as a result of the Blessed Rain.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:09:35 pm by Seraphim »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 09:06:36 am »

> Added the Four Horsemen of the Apocalpyse, a squad of four riders each with their own p
   > Conquest - Armed with a bow and able to rain arrows down on your dwarves.
   > War - Armed with a sword and a master fighter, every day war can make three of your dwarves join its side.
   > Famine - Armed with a pair of scales. Releases a foul mist that causes disease and rots your dwarves.
   > War - Armed with a scythe and a master fighter. Raises the dead.

You put the name War twice.

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 09:10:14 am »

This mod is awesome! :D
Will you ever add in fallen angels?
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]
Pages: [1] 2