Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [44.12] Angel Assault!  (Read 5259 times)

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Angel Assault!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:53:42 am »

> Added the Four Horsemen of the Apocalpyse, a squad of four riders each with their own p
   > Conquest - Armed with a bow and able to rain arrows down on your dwarves.
   > War - Armed with a sword and a master fighter, every day war can make three of your dwarves join its side.
   > Famine - Armed with a pair of scales. Releases a foul mist that causes disease and rots your dwarves.
   > War - Armed with a scythe and a master fighter. Raises the dead.

You put in the name War twice

Goddamit, thanks for pointing that out

This mod is awesome! :D
Will you ever add in fallen angels?

The next addition will be the four cardinal archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael) and the ark of the covenant as friendlies, after that is the biblical demon expansion. It is kind of hard to add fallen angels as very few of them are named in the Torah or Bible, and most information comes from authors like Dante and Milton, so I may poach a few things from them both to add them as an equivalent to the Heavenly Host but in evil regions.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:55:34 am by Seraphim »

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 10:18:41 am »

The next addition will be the four cardinal archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael) and the ark of the covenant as friendlies, after that is the biblical demon expansion. It is kind of hard to add fallen angels as very few of them are named in the Torah or Bible, and most information comes from authors like Dante and Milton, so I may poach a few things from them both to add them as an equivalent to the Heavenly Host but in evil regions.
Sounds great! Can’t wait to see my Dorfs be smote even harder.
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 08:18:05 pm »

It looks like the lair hunter text for the Angel of Punishment isn’t in the mod files.  :o
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 12:30:19 pm »

Would it be theoretically possible to add a creature like Lilith from Jewish folklore?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 02:00:49 pm »

It looks like the lair hunter text for the Angel of Punishment isn’t in the mod files.  :o

Turn out a single space in the file name was wrong, should be fixed now but will include it in the next update going up soon! Thank you for pointing this out!

Would it be theoretically possible to add a creature like Lilith from Jewish folklore?

Depending on the source/interpretation it would certainly be possible, perhaps as a humanoid semimegabeast with wings and serpents tail and the appropriate spheres. I am not sure what fitting interactions I could make for her, I would need to look into the lore from the various sources. I she fits will I include her in the demon based expansion after the next!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:09:25 pm by Seraphim »

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 11:56:07 am »

Is it possible to make a mega beast a baby snatched? Cause Lilith is famous for stealing babies
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 02:19:26 pm »

Is it possible to make a mega beast a baby snatched? Cause Lilith is famous for stealing babies

Babysnatcher is an entity tag not a creature tag unfortunately, perhaps if the Lilith creature had [POWER] and could become a member of a civilisation she could then abduct children, but I have frankly no idea how that would interact seeing as creatures with [POWER] do not seem to babysnatch, at least I have never seen demons do so.

Alternatively, I could make Lilith a Spouse converter, but I am not sure if megabeasts can have that tag. I will have to do some experimentation and ask around it seems!

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 03:24:45 pm »

Babysnatcher is an entity tag not a creature tag unfortunately, perhaps if the Lilith creature had [POWER] and could become a member of a civilisation she could then abduct children, but I have frankly no idea how that would interact seeing as creatures with [POWER] do not seem to babysnatch, at least I have never seen demons do so.

Alternatively, I could make Lilith a Spouse converter, but I am not sure if megabeasts can have that tag. I will have to do some experimentation and ask around it seems!
If I remember correctly Lillith and her children (Lilim) are considered night spirits. So I'd say Lillith would more work as a night creature than a megabeast.
Also she was cursed by god so it could also be a curse like vampirism.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:27:14 pm by Kingra »

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 06:25:29 pm »

Version 0.94, the Guidance Update, just a small addition.

>Fixed the issue with the Angel of Punishments speech file.
>Added the the Four cardinal archangels! Spawning in Good regions, these four angels can join your fortress and have various benefits. Each is an expert scholar
  for various topics:
   -Angel of the South (Michael) = effectively a Dominion from the heavenly host who joins your fortress. Will make a worthy addition to your military squads. Can
    perform the Judgement and Heavenly Prayer interactions. Is an excellent scholar for topics relating to the humanities (history and philosophy).
  - Angel of the West (Gabriel) = The Angel of the West carries a trumptet, whose blowing causes pain and fear. It is an excellent scholar for natural processes
    (geography, naturalist)
  - Angel of the East (Raphael = a master doctor, the Angel of the East will use various miracles to speed up your dwarves recuperation and heal sicknesses. It is
    an excellent scholar for medical topics.
  - Angel of the North (Uriel) = The Angel of the North has dominion over fire and can throw fireballs and launch firejets. It is an excellent scholar for the scientific
    topics (Astronomy, chemistry, engineering, mathematics).
>The Divine Ark (of the Covenant) - An golden box with two statues of cherubim. An extremely valuable pet, it cannot move to but its presence makes your
  dwarves happier with its first interaction. It's second interaction is an attack that rots those affected rapidly until they die. If 'killed' it drops a masterwork
  gold chest.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:29:08 pm by Seraphim »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2019, 09:42:13 pm »

Love the divine ark. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 11:41:12 pm »

I was playing this mod alongside ZM5's Goetic demons, and noticed a bit of raw duping. In the mod itself, the CHERUBIM_EDEN creature is in both the creature_angel_eden and creature_angel_standard files. They're the only creature in the creature_angel_eden file, so you could probably just delete that to fix the issue.

Also, if you run this mod and Goetic Demons simultaneously, the GOETIA_COSMIC_BLESSING and GOETIA_MEND_WOUNDS interactions are duplicated. Slightly changing the names of the interactions and updating the associated angels to match eliminates the issue and allows the two mods to work together.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Seraphim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 06:13:44 am »

I was playing this mod alongside ZM5's Goetic demons, and noticed a bit of raw duping. In the mod itself, the CHERUBIM_EDEN creature is in both the creature_angel_eden and creature_angel_standard files. They're the only creature in the creature_angel_eden file, so you could probably just delete that to fix the issue.

Also, if you run this mod and Goetic Demons simultaneously, the GOETIA_COSMIC_BLESSING and GOETIA_MEND_WOUNDS interactions are duplicated. Slightly changing the names of the interactions and updating the associated angels to match eliminates the issue and allows the two mods to work together.

Thank you for pointing this out! I'll put up an update to sort that an another issue within the next day or two!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 07:51:42 am »

Thank you for pointing this out! I'll put up an update to sort that an another issue within the next day or two!

I am not sure how you organize your mods, but I always write the mod name (or abbreviation) in lowercase_ before the names of things to ensure compatibility with other mods. For example, (aa_GOETIA_COSMIC_BLESSING or aa_CHERUBIM_EDEN). Something to consider if you want to ensure compatibility with another mod that might add an ANGEL, but pobably won't add an aa_ANGEL.
Pages: 1 [2]