Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)  (Read 27438 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »

Updated the mod.

Let me know if anything messes up. At this point most of my time will be spent thinking up new things I can potentially add to this, so feel free to suggest anything. If you find any bugs let me know and i'll try my best to fix them.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 10:51:43 pm »

Got permission from Valikdu to use their Zebra language from Friendship is magma (Thanks Valikdu!) so that'll be in there in the next update.

I'm thinking about adding more civs. Those being Dragons, Felines, Deer, (possibly) seaponies, kirin and hippogriffs possibly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:54:53 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 11:17:20 am »

did a minor update cause I actually forgot to add in the permitted buildings. As a result the Zebra language is in as is the fact that only Changeling Queens and Drones can have Strange Moods, instead of all changelings like before.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 10:03:51 am »

I am very excited to see this alive and well, keep it up man, you're doing Armok's work
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 08:05:59 pm »

I am very excited to see this alive and well, keep it up man, you're doing Armok's work

Haha, I saw this message earlier today as I was heading to work and it honestly made my day all day. Thanks! I'll try my best to continue with the production of this!

On another note, I'll most likely be removing the Library and moving all of it's reactions to the Archive, since there's already an actual Library in the base game. I'm also trying to think of things I can do to make each of the civ's more unique, both buildings wise, mechanics wise and abilities wise. Right now the only differences between them is that Changelings are a hive with a Queen, Drones, Warriors and Breeders, Ponies have different skill rates and physical capabilities based on their Cutie mark, and the rest are just normal. Before I add any new civs like I listed before I want to try and make the current ones more unique and diverse so that they're a different experience when they're played or interacted with.

That being said, feel free to shoot out any ideas on how to make the current civs more unique, i'm open to any ideas and suggestions.

On a last note, I might be doing a Community/Story/Succession fort using this or Friendship is Magma, with an added stipulation of me trying to do an art piece for each game post (as Art is something i'm actively pursuing and wanting to improve at). If it's a succession fort, then instead of each player going for 1 year, they go for 4-5, to simulate a Mayoral Election. The main goal is simple, to just have the fort/settlement last as long as possible, and since their ponies, only digging for mines, resources, stockpiles, etc but every pony has a house, as does every family, with businesses also having their own building as well, etc.

If you guys would be interested in reading/participating/PTWing/being Ponified in such a thing, i'll most likely make the thread for it later tonight or tomorrow, and post a link here. (It'll be the only post in this thread (from me, at least) in relation to it, just wanted to put it out there)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 02:27:22 pm »

I'd be interested in watching a community fort or succession fort. I sadly don't have time for such a thing anymore with classes and job, but I'd certainly read it
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2019, 04:30:57 pm »

I'd read a community fort, but I'm so thoroughly burnt out on them I doubt I'd join one.  It would be nice to see someone else give it a go these days though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2019, 06:58:02 pm »

Alright then, I went ahead and started the community fort (link here).

An Idea I came up with to possibly make Zebra's more unique is Shamanism, Totems and Alchemy. AKA They can perform rituals for certain things, create totems for certain effects and create potions and concoctions with a variety of effects.

For Changelings, I do want to try and give them their shapeshifting ability, but I think that's almost legit impossible other then making it a transformation like werecreatures, but they just transform into pony's. Maybe make 3 Infiltrator castes, one can turn into Unicorns, one into Pegasi and one into Earth Ponies. While the Queen can transform into Alicorns. Maybe while in this state their persuasion abilities shoot up really high, to really sell the "shapeshifting" part. Another Idea for them i'm toying with is chitin based weaponry possibly. Poisons as well.

For Diamond Dogs the idea i'm playing with is that they can create special gems that, when consumed, gives a variety of effects, maybe possibly able to make them into weapons and armor as well.

For buffalo's and griffons, i'm drawing blanks for the moment.

I might look into to some magic mods to buff up the "magic" that Unicorns, Pegasi and Alicorns can do.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 02:39:53 pm »

After making that post in the story fort, i've come to realize i'm going to have to do something with the elements of harmony somehow.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 03:34:39 pm »

It's really wonderful to see the mod being picked up, and that someone is doing a Pony community fort again, thanks to a Pony community fort I'm able to meet with my very best friends.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2019, 05:21:34 pm »

It's really wonderful to see the mod being picked up, and that someone is doing a Pony community fort again, thanks to a Pony community fort I'm able to meet with my very best friends.

That's hella wholesome, I'm glad you're happy to experience all this. I kind of spam this thread a bit, mostly cause whenever I have ideas I ramble about them and I figured it's better to put them here so that you guys can see and give input on potential changes.

Unfortunately, work is hella tiring, so at most I'm only able to do community fort one day and work on this the other day, at minimum. On easy days I like to do either or.

That being said, I'm still trying to think of different ideas for Buffalo's and Griffons to make them more unique and the ideas so far are to:
-Give Griffons a special series of lightweight metals only they can specifically make
-Give Buffalo indian style dances and rituals
-Give both unique weapons only they can make

I'm still drawing blanks on any special workshops, creations or reactions they can make.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2019, 10:12:03 pm »

How about some sort of runic special alloy for the Griffons? quite a number of fanon about Griffons involve enchanted armor and weapon like the Davi of Warhammer Fantasy. A Direct upgrade that make Iron alloy is strong as steel and steel alloy even better, that kind of stuff. Perhaps knight-like full body heavy armor for the Griffons but the weight isn't all that bad thanks to the runic alloy?

It kind of make sense, the Griffons doesn't show to have any sort of magical abilities so, much like the Davi, they'll have to rely on pure craftsmanship and runes to compete with those with magic. What do you think?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 06:10:10 am »

How about some sort of runic special alloy for the Griffons? quite a number of fanon about Griffons involve enchanted armor and weapon like the Davi of Warhammer Fantasy. A Direct upgrade that make Iron alloy is strong as steel and steel alloy even better, that kind of stuff. Perhaps knight-like full body heavy armor for the Griffons but the weight isn't all that bad thanks to the runic alloy?

It kind of make sense, the Griffons doesn't show to have any sort of magical abilities so, much like the Davi, they'll have to rely on pure craftsmanship and runes to compete with those with magic. What do you think?

That sounds perfect! I love the idea and it gives me ideas for a few other things too (like enchanting most armors/weapons, different kinds of enchantments, etc).

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 12:55:09 pm »

Great to hear it! I've on idea how that's going to work or what it'll take to make it work, but we'll be eager to see what you've come up with! I can't wait to see what a Griffon Knight in full runic armor and sword can do.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 12:25:31 pm »

So at the moment I'm trying to figure out why there's so many rejections when creating a new world. I have map logging on and so far it's just telling me that there's not enough space for initial square counts for glaciers, forests, etc etc, then not enough low altitudes, and then finally not enough entity placement locations. So far the fix appears to be to just put World Size to Large. You can change the other options as you like, but just make World Size large and it'll go fine, there'll still be some rejections (ala dwarf fortress) but there's not nearly as many as if it was the other settings, and it shouldn't take too long to gen a world. If you do gen a world smaller then Large, then i'd recommend lowering all the other settings in tandem (except maybe Savagery and Mineral Occurrence, those don't really have much of an effect in the casing of these rejections.)

On another note I found another error log txt file and, I just can't handle what some of the errors are (in terms of holding back my laughter).

Spoiler: the errors (click to show/hide)
|

Just, why??

On the other hand I've changed it so that the Library's reactions are now Archive reactions, and removed the Library entirely.

Now, onto the running Idea's for making the current civs more unique that i'm going to try to be implementing soon.

Ponies:
-Elements of Harmony (I'm thinking 6 pieces of Jewelry that can only be made via a long and complicated process, giving the wearer the ability to do their "Element of Harmony" interactions. Sorcerer made a txt file with ideas on what they could do too)
-Magic Schools (Using Magic Mods as reference (Spellcrafts Mod by Eric Blank, Aeramore Expansion by Fat Ace and Warlock Mod by Meph, for example)
-(Maybe) Guns and Gunpowder/Explosives
-(Maybe) Cannons/Confetti Cannons
-Pony-specific Weapons
-More uses for Gems

Changelings:
-Chitin-based Armor/Weapons
-(Maybe) Shapeshifting Interactions
-(Maybe) Love-eating Interactions
-Changeling-specific Weapons
-Throwable Poison flasks
-Poison Flask Launchers

Diamond Dogs:
-Craftable consumable Gems that give a variety of effects based on gem type.
-Gem based Weaponry and Armor
-Gem based Furniture
-Diamond Dog-specific Weapons

Griffons:
-Griffon Specific Enchantable Lightweight Metal (AKA Mithril/Sky Metal) (Mineable and craftable using other ores)
-Enchanted Weapons and Armor (AKA "Lightning" Enchantment makes them move faster/attack quicker, "Fire" Enchantment ups their strength, etc)
-Griffon-specific Weapons
-Sky Metal furniture

Buffalo:
-(Maybe) Totem buildings that give buffs in a certain area
-Wearable Charms with different effects ("Lion" Charm gives increased courage and strength, "Deer" charm increases speed and dodge learning (if possible), etc)
-Buildable ritual spots that when dances are performed on, causes a variety of effects (Rain Dance causes Rain, War Dance increases the dancers Strength, etc)
-Buffalo-specific Weapons

Zebras:
-Craftable Potions with different effects (Healing, Poison Joke, etc)
-Rituals for different effects
-Zebra-specific Weapons
-Voodoo-esque accessories with different effects
-Worn ritual paints with different effects
-Craftable "cursed" objects

Yaks:
-Yak-specific Weapons
-Blood Sacrifices for a variety of effects
-Berserk Trances
-Bone of Enemy Accessories with appropriate special effects
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:38:25 pm by Unknown72 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6