Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)  (Read 27446 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:25:21 pm »

it's been a long time since the original creator of My Little Fortress (Sorcerer) has been online. (Original thread here.) So I've decided to start working on it myself. I'm still mostly new to modding however, so a lot is gonna be experimentation and wiki guesswork.

03/28/2020 - Sustainability

Updated to 47.04
Got rid of the non-pony related mods, made updating to new versions more difficult then it needed to be. Just add whatever additional mods and the like you want included on your own time.
added [MINING_UNDERWORLD_DISASTERS] to ponies, as they'll be the ones you're playing 90% of the time. Add the tag to other entities if you want them to generate those disasters (whether you're playing them or not.)
All main entity creatures (Ponies, Changelings, Buffalo, Yak, Zebra, Diamond Dog, Changeling) can do the Pet Animal interaction
Added Spy Master (Pony equivalent to Dungeon Master, does Espionage things) Position to Pony and Changeling.
Buffalo, Yak and Zebra Druid Position does Espionage in addition to normal responsibilities.

09/23/2019 - Language and Utilities

Added a Pony language that ponies use.
Added DFHack, Dwarf Therapist, TWBT and the Phoebus tileset (credit to the creators).
Re-enabled flier (will disable if pathfinding still is fucky, hopefully the fixes to Jumping and Climbing mitigate it).
Re-enabled pony specific workshops (nothing was wrong with them, sorcerer was going to improve them but never did).
Unicorns and Alicorns are now the only Pony's to get Strange Moods (if I did it right, at least).

09/17/2019 - Sustainability

Updated to 44.12 and added missing keybindings for the Civ screen/menu.

04/05/2017 - Download should work again now - yay!

Fixed some lizard related issues with the latest version and added some missing tags.
certain unicorns can now take up the mantle of princess so that pony society does not completely collapse if the worldgen Alicorn dies (which they tend to do)

02/02/2016 - Updated to 42.05 - Hooves all around!

Added several new intelligent creatures to the world
Temporarily removed flying until pathfinding issues are resolved.

There's currently an issue with generating starting positions for all the different civs, I recommend using a small or tiny world for now.

14/12/2015 - Updated to 42.03 - Vanilla Flavour added

Most of the fancy buildings and reactions have been temporarily disabled, focus going forward will be to add and improve interactions.
They are still available as .bak files in the raws, and are simply commented out of Entity_Pony.txt if you want to play with them.
The Fleece reaction to make faux leather has been moved to the clothier for now.

Other Updates:
Yak added
Cows, Donkeys and Goats added as minor civs
A lot of tweaking to civilization numbers
Removed flying from fliers as it was more trouble than it was worth.. hopefully pathfinding will be resolved now that you can get fliers in default fort mode.

Code: [Select]
24/07/2014-07/08/2014 - Tested in 40.06

Various planning/plodding along with reactions and interactions, some of the planned features can be found in the Elements of Harmony Planning Document.
Reworked Pony Skills quite substantially. the different skill rates of the pony types have been exaggerated a bit more and cutie marks are stronger in comparison.
a list of skill rates can be found alongside this changelog.

You can now identify ponies by their profession names, Lumberjack-> Earth Pony Lumberjack

Gems should be findable again

Military Castes and the pegasus ace fliers got innate morale bonuses

---

23/07/2014

Fixed Broken hooves not healing, tweaked pain from broken bones and bleeding a bit.

---

16-20/07/2014 - migrated to 40.04

Various Minor fixes, mostly feature planning.
Leather has been reduced to a single type, but I left butchery and meat in (for now) due to unforeseen issues with removing it.

---

15/07/2014

Modified pony bodies a bit again. should be less endless mouthpunching.
Added wings to griffons, because they have those...

14/07/2014

Tweaked Orientation tag a smidgen to share the love :)

13/07/2014 - migrated to 40.03
------------

Removed Animal Men
added chimera
modified creature_standard to include breezies, sea ponies and fabulously moustached sea serpents among other things.
fix chimera snake head being a head

12/07/2014 - bugfixing on 40.02
------------

Tweaked populations and starting biomes, added more breeders to changelings - tested OK, griffins and changelings actually breed now.

to do/next up:
Changeling Interactions
Leather/Meat
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 07:44:32 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 12:30:09 pm »

TO DO LIST FOR V2.0:

-Bugfixes

Ponies:
-Elements of Harmony (I'm thinking 6 pieces of Jewelry that can only be made via a long and complicated process, giving the wearer the ability to do their "Element of Harmony" interactions. Sorcerer made a txt file with ideas on what they could do too)
-Magic Schools (Using Magic Mods as reference (Spellcrafts Mod by Eric Blank, Aeramore Expansion by Fat Ace and Warlock Mod by Meph, for example)
-(Maybe) Guns and Gunpowder/Explosives
-(Maybe) Cannons/Confetti Cannons
-Pony-specific Weapons
-More uses for Gems

Changelings:
-Chitin-based Armor/Weapons
-(Maybe) Shapeshifting Interactions
-(Maybe) Love-eating Interactions
-Changeling-specific Weapons
-Throwable Poison flasks
-Poison Flask Launchers
-Changeling specific magic

Diamond Dogs:
-Craftable consumable Gems that give a variety of effects based on gem type.
-Gem based Weaponry and Armor
-Gem based Furniture
-Diamond Dog-specific Weapons

Griffons:
-Griffon Specific Enchantable Lightweight Metal (AKA Mithril/Sky Metal) (Mineable and craftable using other ores)
-Enchanted Weapons and Armor (AKA "Lightning" Enchantment makes them move faster/attack quicker, "Fire" Enchantment ups their strength, etc)
-Griffon-specific Weapons
-Sky Metal furniture

Buffalo:
-(Maybe) Totem buildings that give buffs in a certain area
-Wearable Charms with different effects ("Lion" Charm gives increased courage and strength, "Deer" charm increases speed and dodge learning (if possible), etc)
-Buildable ritual spots that when dances are performed on, causes a variety of effects (Rain Dance causes Rain, War Dance increases the dancers Strength, etc)
-Buffalo-specific Weapons

Zebras:
-Craftable Potions with different effects (Healing, Poison Joke, etc)
-Rituals for different effects
-Zebra-specific Weapons
-Voodoo-esque accessories with different effects
-Worn ritual paints with different effects
-Craftable "cursed" objects

Yaks:
-Yak-specific Weapons
-Blood Sacrifices for a variety of effects
-Berserk Trances
-Bone of Enemy Accessories with appropriate special effects

Feel free to suggest anything to add or modify. I have no plans yet because I'm mostly just looking through this to see if it all works properly. Once it does i'll most likely be going through what Sorcerer was planning via the posts from the original thread and see about getting those done.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:51:46 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:51:06 pm »

Thanks for doing this, this is always a fun mod to add into modpacks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 07:02:19 pm »

It's no problem! Funnily enough this and Fallout Equestria are both my favorite mods for DF ever since I started playing a long time ago, and I haven't watched a lick of MLP in the first place! The settings really cool and the stuff you can do is fun.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »

It's no problem! Funnily enough this and Fallout Equestria are both my favorite mods for DF ever since I started playing a long time ago, and I haven't watched a lick of MLP in the first place! The settings really cool and the stuff you can do is fun.

Same here, really. I've never watched the show, but I really respect the effort put into this mod's ponies. That, and reading detailed descriptions of My Little Ponies killing people has never stopped being funny.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »

Same here, really. I've never watched the show, but I really respect the effort put into this mod's ponies. That, and reading detailed descriptions of My Little Ponies killing people has never stopped being funny.

Oh what, that's one of the main reasons I loved this mod, besides the work put into it. I don't know why but I find the ponies killing/dying in ridiculous ways hilarious. Sure, that might make it seem like I'm slightly psychopathic, but that's a risk I'm willing to take  :P

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 05:12:36 pm »

I'm curious to know if the Flying pathfinding bug was fixed or not actually. If so then I can start adding the [Flier] tags back. I've noticed that, even with the bug (if it's still around) in older versions, there were a few fixes, one of which was just not to let anything with [Flier] do the Hauling Job. The problem, if I remember right, is that Fliers, if they have a job that can only be reached via Flying, they would attempt to complete it, path to it, but then when it would need to fly it would cancel it due to Dangerous Terrain. So the "fix" would be to not do hauling jobs for those, or make sure that there's walkable path to that job before allowing that flier to do it.

But that sounds like an annoying amount of Micro Management to be quite honest.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 09:26:20 am »

Okay so other then the flier thing, I noticed that the Pony language file only has 2 words in it, Twilight and Sparkle. Pony, Changeling and Diamond Dog use Dwarf names, Buffalo, Griffon and Yak use Human names, and Zebra's use Elf names. I figure that it's fine for Buffalo, Griffon, Yak and Zebra to use those names, possibly Diamond Dogs too. But Pony's and Changelings having dwarven names make no sense. So I think i'll start working on getting that language down so that pony's and changeling's actually MLP-like names.

Does anyone know where I can grab a list of MLP names, that isn't the wiki, just so that I can start looking through those for inspiration while I type these out?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 10:46:49 am »

My understanding of the flying bug was that fliers would only calculate paths to things that they could reach on foot, but would still fly to them like normal.  If, by some chance, they were interrupted or changed jobs while standing somewhere that they couldn't path away from on foot, like on top of a building, they would think they were stuck and eventually starve to death.

As far as I know that has not been fixed.  However, with the changes to jumping and climbing, I think stuck fliers will eventually climb down from wherever they were stranded, so that much is an improvement.  I admittedly have not played with fliers since those changes so I don't know for sure.  It would be good to know one way or another what the current state of that is.

As for a list of pony names, well, the wiki would be the best and easiest place I know of.  I don't know of any other handy lists.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 11:18:20 am »

My understanding of the flying bug was that fliers would only calculate paths to things that they could reach on foot, but would still fly to them like normal.  If, by some chance, they were interrupted or changed jobs while standing somewhere that they couldn't path away from on foot, like on top of a building, they would think they were stuck and eventually starve to death.

As far as I know that has not been fixed.  However, with the changes to jumping and climbing, I think stuck fliers will eventually climb down from wherever they were stranded, so that much is an improvement.  I admittedly have not played with fliers since those changes so I don't know for sure.  It would be good to know one way or another what the current state of that is.

As for a list of pony names, well, the wiki would be the best and easiest place I know of.  I don't know of any other handy lists.

Hmm, alright i'll enable Flier on the pegasi and the like and see if there's any major problems, hopefully the changes to jumping and climbing have made it far less of a problem.

In the meanwhile, guess i'll go through the wiki for names and start adding them all one by one. I'll most likely google for various other topics to get names from as well, since MLP names are typically themed around actual objects, jobs or actions.

If anyone has any suggestions names wise, feel free to suggest 'em.

Also would anyone be adverse to me adding Dwarf Therapist and a Graphics Pack (most likely Phoebus) to the base version of this?

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 11:51:43 am »

OK, let's see here... In general, moodiness as implemented (and the consequences of failure thereof) never really struck me as being generally a Pony thing, either. Maybe a Unicorn & Changeling thing in particular, at least. Which is pretty much it, for now, insofar as ideas are concerned.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 12:27:16 pm »

I've just realized I can't add in custom words like Rainbowdash or Pinkie into the language file until I make it an actual word in the language_words file. So language wise, for ponies, i'm going to make it so that their worlds translate literally. AKA Abbey translates to Abbey and is written as Abbey, rather then Abbey translating and being written as vudagel, like the dwarves language has it.

Once that's done i'll enable flying on pegasi, see how it goes then go from there.

OK, let's see here... In general, moodiness as implemented (and the consequences of failure thereof) never really struck me as being generally a Pony thing, either. Maybe a Unicorn & Changeling thing in particular, at least. Which is pretty much it, for now, insofar as ideas are concerned.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Strange Moods stuff? I'm iffy on taking that out because that means that Pony's won't go into said moods and create artifacts and the like.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 03:06:56 pm »

I'm assuming you're talking about the Strange Moods stuff? I'm iffy on taking that out because that means that Pony's won't go into said moods and create artifacts and the like.

...should have been slightly clearer, apparently. Not so much taking it out as... from what I had inferred, the 3 'tribes' (Unicorn, Pegasi, Earth Pony) are defined at caste level......'if one wished for a certain accuracy WRT behaviour, one could simply move the tag onto the Unicorns, rather than have it effectively be a Discord-esque 'plague' at entity level' was what I was thinking.   

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 03:21:04 pm »

...should have been slightly clearer, apparently. Not so much taking it out as... from what I had inferred, the 3 'tribes' (Unicorn, Pegasi, Earth Pony) are defined at caste level......'if one wished for a certain accuracy WRT behaviour, one could simply move the tag onto the Unicorns, rather than have it effectively be a Discord-esque 'plague' at entity level' was what I was thinking.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. Well the [Strange_Moods] tag isn't in the Entity file, it's in the creature_pony_pony file, so what you're saying is to move that tag from the base Pony creature, and instead apply it only to the Unicorns caste's. This might be a bit time consuming if i'm assuming what you're suggesting correctly. Mostly because each "Tribe" of Pony (Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorn) have tons of caste's between them due to the Cutie_Mark Class Skill based system sorcerer made. (There's also 5 caste's for Alicorns as well, which wouldn't be as time consuming)

I mostly say time consuming because of the, again, sheer number of castes in the first place, and how the text file is formatted (as it's a bit confusing for me to navigate at the moment, but the index he made in it certainly helps.

(Sorry if i'm not correct, i'm still fairly new to this, so i'm mostly assuming for almost everything I don't find via wiki)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 03:28:23 pm »

actually disregard that, if i'm looking at this right it looks like he segmented all Pegasi, Alicorn, Earth and Unicorn ponies into sections, so if I just move the [Strange_Moods] tag to the right spot, only unicorns and alicorns should be getting said strange moods.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6