Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)  (Read 1664 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 09:54:11 pm »

How about making the Yaks more Norse/Viking? with blood sacrifices to the gods, big and prone to berserking compared to the Griffon's trances,

accessories made from the remains of their foes, that kind of things.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2019, 10:36:30 pm »

How about making the Yaks more Norse/Viking? with blood sacrifices to the gods, big and prone to berserking compared to the Griffon's trances,

accessories made from the remains of their foes, that kind of things.

That's a pretty good idea, helps fit more into Dwarf Fortresses' Dwarf Fortressiness (if that's even a thing). I'll add those into the list, and then edit the second OP for future work.
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Hit me up on Discord: Multi#9216

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »

Also quick note, went ahead and gave Changelings Ambusher, Merchant Bodyguards and Item Thief. Meaning that Changelings will start as ambushers, before eventually ramping up into full siegers, their caravans will have bodyguards, and they'll also try to steal items for forts (though if you play as them, you'll possibly want to remove the tag, as any items sold to your caravans when it's applied are counted as stolen, and aren't counted as Exported)
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 12:20:44 am »

So with some help from Rose, I got Item Syndrome Reborn working. Which means my items can now have syndromes! Which also means I can make enchanted armor, weapons, spellbooks, etc!

This is going to be fun to add.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 02:02:34 pm »

Alright, here's the list for the different Schools of Magic (with some being Secrets, instead of learnable via spellbooks/schools (depending on how ill handle the magic system in the first place))

Pyromancy = Fire Magic
Cryomancy = Ice Magic
Hydromancy = Water Magic
Aeromancy = Wind Magic
Electromancy = Lightning Magic
Geomancy = Earth Magic
Pathomancy = Emotion Magic
Biomancy = Physical Enhancement Magic
Astromancy = Astral Magic
Umbral Magic = Darkness Magic
Photomancy = Light Magic
Phyllomancy = Plant/Agricultural Magic
Conjuration = Summoning Magic
Meteomancy = Weather Magic
Toximancy = Poison Magic
Vitamancy = Healing Magic
Sanctomancy = Holy/Angelic Magic (Secret)
Infernamancy = Evil/Demonic Magic (Secret)
Telemancy = Basic Magic
Thiriomancy = Beast Magic
Felmancy = Chaos Magic (Secret)
Dracomancy = Draconic Magic (Secret)
Haemomancy = Blood Magic (Secret)
Arcanomancy = Arcane Magic (Secret)

I'm thinking of splitting this up so that certain civs can do certain magics, with Pony's having the highest variation, but they can't do all magic kinds.

Another thing i'm going to be doing is that All civs can do Enchanting. But griffons can do modular enchanting. Meaning that, for example, Pony Swords would only have 1 enchantment, but Griffon swords can have up to 3 (With a process of making an enchanted Blade, enchanted Handle and enchanted Guard, which then has all 3 put together in a new workshop). While Zebra's can enchant accessories like Bracelets, Rings, etc to a higher degree then normal.

Another thing i'm playing with is Spellcasters (aka a weapon that casts spells), which use enchanted gems to cast spells for non-magical civs.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:51:27 pm by Unknown72 »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2019, 04:11:46 pm »

Alright, here's the list for the different Schools of Magic (with some being Secrets, instead of learnable via spellbooks/schools (depending on how ill handle the magic system in the first place))

Pyromancy = Fire Magic
Cryomancy = Ice Magic
Hydromancy = Water Magic
Aeromancy = Wind Magic
Geomancy = Earth Magic
Photomancy = Light Magic
Toximancy = Poison Magic
Telemancy = Basic Magic

I'm thinking of splitting this up so that certain civs can do certain magics, with Pony's having the highest variation, but they can't do all magic kinds.

Another thing i'm going to be doing is that All civs can do Enchanting. But griffons can do modular enchanting. Meaning that, for example, Pony Swords would only have 1 enchantment, but Griffon swords can have up to 3 (With a process of making an enchanted Blade, enchanted Handle and enchanted Guard, which then has all 3 put together in a new workshop). While Zebra's can enchant accessories like Bracelets, Rings, etc to a higher degree then normal.

Another thing i'm playing with is Spellcasters (aka a weapon that casts spells), which use enchanted gems to cast spells for non-magical civs.

How do you plan to implement these spells? Will they be CDIs use on attack or use dfhack? Have you considered making a magic mod for the game, seperate from this pony mod?

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2019, 04:56:45 pm »

OTOH, there's the official magic system to consider... ...just so you don't get caught utterly by surprise with that.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2019, 04:59:25 pm »

Pyromancy = Fire Magic
Cryomancy = Ice Magic
Hydromancy = Water Magic
Aeromancy = Wind Magic
Geomancy = Earth Magic
Photomancy = Light Magic
Toximancy = Poison Magic
Telemancy = Basic Magic

How do you plan to implement these spells? Will they be CDIs use on attack or use dfhack? Have you considered making a magic mod for the game, seperate from this pony mod?

Well since the Item Syndrome Reborn script is working, i'll be doing a variety of things.

The first is that I'll be making Materials that have the Syndromes (with appropriate CDI's) on them. Then have a process involving making spellbooks with those Materials that give the syndromes either when Hauling or Equipped as Armor, then have it so that the syndromes have the "DFHACK_DO_NOT_REMOVE" syn class so that they stay permanently. There'll be 3 or 4 Variations of Spellbooks (Student/Beginner/Basic (With the basic spells), Novice/Practitioner (With slightly more "advanced" spells), Intermediate/Theorist (With more "master" class spells) and Master/Professor (more "Ultimate" class spells).

The second is that i'll be reading up on DFHack to learn how to use its triggers to do more spell like things via Workshops or specific items (Create rain, spawn water/magma, summon creatures, etc)

The secrets will be just that, secrets in addition to Necromancy. Of course i'll have to do some testing to see what exactly is the limit and what I can and can't do spell wise, but it's honestly not hard to "re-skin" some spells to work as other spells, for example, or just impliment some odd materials to make them work.

As a result there's going to be a lot more inorganic stuff, since with ISR the syndromes are on the materials that are then used to make those items or items made out of those materials.

And ironically enough, after I made that list of magic schools and started writing up possible spells I did begin thinking about making a magic mod. The only things really making me iffy on actually doing it is the amount of free-time that I have and that there's already a few magic mods out there (Aeramore expansion, basic spellcrafts, even Meph's warlocks have their own take on magic).

OTOH, there's the official magic system to consider... ...just so you don't get caught utterly by surprise with that.

You mean in the upcoming Myths and Magic update? I have a feeling that that still won't be coming for quite a while, but once it does and is (hopefully) moddable, i'd just convert the magic spells and the like that i'd done to its system, then just get rid of the materials, reactions, workshops and items. Deletion is a lot easier then creation after all.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2019, 06:22:53 pm »

And ironically enough, after I made that list of magic schools and started writing up possible spells I did begin thinking about making a magic mod. The only things really making me iffy on actually doing it is the amount of free-time that I have and that there's already a few magic mods out there (Aeramore expansion, basic spellcrafts, even Meph's warlocks have their own take on magic).

I think a magic mod that only adds new spells and a new magic system (without other creatures, races, etc.) would be cool if you add your own unique spells to it. I don't think there is anything wrong with multiple mods doing similiar things with different approaches/content. I understand not being able to find the time for it though if you have other modding priorities./interests.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2019, 07:26:37 pm »

I think a magic mod that only adds new spells and a new magic system (without other creatures, races, etc.) would be cool if you add your own unique spells to it. I don't think there is anything wrong with multiple mods doing similiar things with different approaches/content. I understand not being able to find the time for it though if you have other modding priorities./interests.

I'll most likely make it then, just wanna finish stuff up for MLF first.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The "obscene words" have been removed from vanilla DF, thus the game throws error message for the pony language having unrecognized words such as "buttock". There are also a few issues with the reactions in reaction_pony_chocolate and PROCESS_WHEAT. The reactions use reagents and products PLANT:PLANT_NAME instead of PLANT:NONE. Those also end with PLANT_MAT:PLANT_NAME:PLANT, while there seemingly is no material defined for those plants with the name PLANT. It might be a remnant from an older raw convention.

Pages: 1 2 [3]