Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)  (Read 27517 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2019, 02:31:12 pm »

For poison flasks, add something like this to onload.init
Code: [Select]
modtools/projectile-trigger -material INORGANIC:(poison flask material goes here) -command [ modtools/spawn-flow -material INORGANIC:(poison gas material goes here) -location [ \\LOCATION ] -flowType MaterialVapor -flowSize 800 ]

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2019, 04:16:53 pm »

For poison flasks, add something like this to onload.init
Code: [Select]
modtools/projectile-trigger -material INORGANIC:(poison flask material goes here) -command [ modtools/spawn-flow -material INORGANIC:(poison gas material goes here) -location [ \\LOCATION ] -flowType MaterialVapor -flowSize 800 ]

Okay so, what would this result in? And would it be easier to change the first -material to an ammo or the like? if that's possible?
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 01:43:56 pm »

Unfortunately, projectile trigger only accepts materials, not ammo types. As for what it does, when a projectile made of a material you specify lands or strikes a target, it will run the attached command. In this case, spawn-flow, which can generate any flow a material emission can and more. You would need to define a material for the ammo (probably with a name like 'poison filled glass') as well as a material for the gas cloud with whatever syndrome you want. Plus of course the ammo, weapon, and reaction to make them.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 06:04:30 pm »

Unfortunately, projectile trigger only accepts materials, not ammo types. As for what it does, when a projectile made of a material you specify lands or strikes a target, it will run the attached command. In this case, spawn-flow, which can generate any flow a material emission can and more. You would need to define a material for the ammo (probably with a name like 'poison filled glass') as well as a material for the gas cloud with whatever syndrome you want. Plus of course the ammo, weapon, and reaction to make them.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation! Really helps in the long run, appreciate it!
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2019, 01:11:31 am »

Quick update, I'm nearly done with the base of the enchanting system, both the regular for ponies and the others, and the modular for the griffons. A lot of my time for this goes into testing things working properly. Once I finish the Enchanting system, i'll update the mod with them (and also make a seperate mod for it so that people can use it in their own mods/games) and then alter it more so that it's more MLP Specific.

I'm putting Enchantments into 3 different categories.

General - Enchantments every civ can do
Specific - Enchantments only certain civs can do
Modular - Multiple Enchantment Weapons/Armor only Griffons can do

Alongside this, i'm going to try and add the Elements of Harmony as head/neck wear with their own specific enchantments using the notes Sorcerer had. So for example the Element of Kindness will increase it's wearers Empathy attribute and grants the wearer the ability to induce kindness in others (removes negative tags like Opposed_to_life, Crazed, forces them to feel Happiness, increased friendliness, etc), alongside changing them personality wise over time to become kinder and friendlier.

Reading up on the elements of Harmony shows me that they each had specific abilities as well and it'll be a bit hard to implement them but i'll try my best.

Edit: Thinking on it, the Elements of Harmony might actually be a kind fix (not perfect, but something) to help with stress mechanics and the like. That has potentially powerful usefullness. Course, they're still going to be really difficult to make.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:07:21 pm by Unknown72 »

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2020, 02:16:52 pm »

So, any update to how the project is going? or is it dead again because of the new release?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2020, 05:19:53 pm »

is it dead again because of the new release?

That is not dead which can eternal lie...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2020, 01:05:51 pm »

So, any update to how the project is going? or is it dead again because of the new release?

Not dead, sorry I got really busy and now with all this Corvid-19 stuff i've been preoccupied for quite a while. I've been working on this on and off but haven't been able to get much done. I'll be back on it in a few days though, once all my crap is sorted. Then I can update it to the most recent version.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2020, 05:17:48 pm »

Not dead, sorry I got really busy and now with all this Corvid-19 stuff i've been preoccupied for quite a while. I've been working on this on and off but haven't been able to get much done. I'll be back on it in a few days though, once all my crap is sorted. Then I can update it to the most recent version.

Much needed good news
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2020, 12:01:49 am »

Take all the time you need.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 02:26:04 pm »

I got a bit more free time then normal as my state slowly begins considering quarantine, so I'll be trying my test to update this to the latest version before Sunday rolls around.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 04:04:31 am »

Had way too much work to do today (curse you Corona). So as result, instead of before Sunday, it'll be going up on Sunday. That is once I wake up I'll be working on updating this until It's fully updated to the most recent version.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 05:36:32 pm »

Updated to 47.04

Changelog
-Got rid of the non-pony related mods, made updating to new versions more difficult then it needed to be. Just add whatever additional mods and the like you want included on your own time.
-added [MINING_UNDERWORLD_DISASTERS] to ponies, as they'll be the ones you're playing 90% of the time. Add the tag to other entities if you want them to generate those disasters (whether you're playing them or not.)
-All main entity creatures (Ponies, Changelings, Buffalo, Yak, Zebra, Diamond Dog, Changeling) can do the Pet Animal interaction
-Added Spy Master (Pony equivalent to Dungeon Master, does Espionage things) Position to Pony and Changeling.
-Buffalo, Yak and Zebra Druid Position does Espionage in addition to normal responsibilities.

Also I'd like some input from you guys! With the new interaction examples we can make a variety of Healing and Summoning spells now! So if you have any ideas for those let me know!

The other is that there's a new tag called [SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER] and i'm wondering if I should add that to the Changelings at all or not, since they are the defacto Evil faction of the MLP world (notwithstanding others.)

Another is that, would you all like me to make a few more entities? Like, per chance, Crystal Ponies for example?

Anyway, the update should be up in the next 5 minutes or so!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2020, 01:26:25 pm »

Woo! Awesome update!

As for suggestions, does the healing spells really work in DF? if so, I imagine things like spells that can stop bleeding and mend wounds would be the most practical. So as long as bones aren't smashed to paste they should be able to do some lesser healing?

as for summoning.. what about summoning parasprites?

Crystal Ponies with Gem/Crystal-based furniture and equipment could be cool if you think you have the time for it. Otherwise I say focus on polishing the current species?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2020, 03:17:08 pm »

As for suggestions, does the healing spells really work in DF? if so, I imagine things like spells that can stop bleeding and mend wounds would be the most practical. So as long as bones aren't smashed to paste they should be able to do some lesser healing?
Not entirely - there is actually a problem related to that.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6