Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)  (Read 27518 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2019 (DF 44.12)
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2020, 10:19:23 pm »

As for suggestions, does the healing spells really work in DF? if so, I imagine things like spells that can stop bleeding and mend wounds would be the most practical. So as long as bones aren't smashed to paste they should be able to do some lesser healing?
Not entirely - there is actually a problem related to that.

Still can totally have it labelled as a "Temporary regrow limb" spell.

As far as I know, other then the bug listed about, the rest work as intended, so we can totally do that.

And yea, I'll keep the Crystal Ponies on the back-end then, and wait until I flesh out the rest of the already in species first. Parasprite summoning horrifies me and I love that.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 06:44:53 am »

As for suggestions, does the healing spells really work in DF? if so, I imagine things like spells that can stop bleeding and mend wounds would be the most practical. So as long as bones aren't smashed to paste they should be able to do some lesser healing?

As far as I know, other then the bug listed about, the rest work as intended, so we can totally do that.

And yea, I'll keep the Crystal Ponies on the back-end then, and wait until I flesh out the rest of the already in species first. Parasprite summoning horrifies me and I love that.

I had been meaning to bring sphere affiliation up when you went radio silent, so..
..*checks list
versus setup*
Code: [Select]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:FORTRESSES]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:JEWELS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:METALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:MINERALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:MOUNTAINS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH]
....yeah, slightly unequine here. SUN and MOON (And CHAOS for the occasional rogue) seem appropriate - MOUNTAINS, however, felt like more of a Diamond Dog thing.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 04:06:29 pm »

I had been meaning to bring sphere affiliation up when you went radio silent, so..
..*checks list
versus setup*
Code: [Select]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:FORTRESSES]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:JEWELS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:METALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:MINERALS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:MOUNTAINS]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:WEALTH]
....yeah, slightly unequine here. SUN and MOON (And CHAOS for the occasional rogue) seem appropriate - MOUNTAINS, however, felt like more of a Diamond Dog thing.

Oh I totally agree, I never really touched on much of the entity files (aside from adding new reactions and the like) so I kind of assumed that they had appropriate spheres.

I'll go through each entity and make sure they have appropriate spheres altogether.

I'll most likely just take out Mountains for ponies, add Sun, Moon and Chaos, and go over it all. I want to make sure each entity has spheres that matches with how they were in the show.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2020, 04:38:58 pm »

What actually got removed, I'm curious?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2020, 04:50:13 pm »

Why does the thread title still say that this is the 2019/44.12 version?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

BransonBerry

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2020, 04:41:16 am »

Quick question, why don't the Apple Trees and Apple Quality Control buildings have any reactions?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2020, 07:42:42 pm »

What actually got removed, I'm curious?

Mod wise? I removed a ton, DF_Hack (which will most likely be added back soon, since I need it specifically to mod a few things), Phoebus tileset, Dwarf Therapist, Soundsense, etc etc.

Why does the thread title still say that this is the 2019/44.12 version?

Cause I never fixed it, which I shall do now!

No clue actually. I never really touched those. I'll look into it to see if anything wonky is going on.
Quick question, why don't the Apple Trees and Apple Quality Control buildings have any reactions?

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress Part 2: Electric Boogaloo - 2020 (DF 47.04)
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2020, 09:52:07 pm »

Quick update, there's gonna be a bit before the next patch/addition. Mostly cause I just learned that MLP ended (last time I watched was seasons 1-3 in 2014) so me and a friend are gonna binge watch all 9 seasons. That'll also help me in making this mod too.

ArmyOfGiantEmus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2020, 05:05:54 pm »

Hey, I've been having trouble with the .rar file and 7-Zip isn't working. Is there any other unzip thing I can download so I can play? It looks like a lot of fun!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2020, 08:04:56 pm »

Hey, I've been having trouble with the .rar file and 7-Zip isn't working. Is there any other unzip thing I can download so I can play? It looks like a lot of fun!

I always use WinRAR for any .rar files, it's free. Here's a link: https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm just take one of the top 2 links, whichever one fits your system better. It says Trial but you can use it indefinetly.

ArmyOfGiantEmus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2020, 12:58:15 pm »

THANK YOU! This really helped! :)

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2020, 02:56:17 pm »

Quick update, there's gonna be a bit before the next patch/addition. Mostly cause I just learned that MLP ended (last time I watched was seasons 1-3 in 2014) so me and a friend are gonna binge watch all 9 seasons. That'll also help me in making this mod too.

Please keep the mod in the Season 1-4 mentality.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2020, 11:19:31 pm »

The download link currently doesn't work.
EDIT: Scratch that, it was DFFD. Working now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:59:00 am by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2020, 11:05:30 am »

Quick update, covid has not been kind to anyone here (wish people in the US were smarter about all of this), more so my friends and family then myself, so i've been having to help them out and that took all of my time away from this. I'll try to get back into making stuff for this soon, but with how the covid climate is here I make no promises.

Also, if anyone wants to make additions or add things to this feel free. You can always make your own version (since this is basically my own version myself) and if you want it in the base mod just let me know and i'll add it in, since that's something I can reasonably do without hassle.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2022, 12:37:50 am »

For those wondering, yes I'm still around, and only recently have gotten free time once more! I recently discovered Dwarf Fortress released on steam, and I was really tempted to dedicate time to get this uploaded there, but I've come to realize I just don't have ENOUGH free time to dedicate to doing that, nor updating this.

So if anyone wants to get this up on the steam workshop, or start maintaining this themselves, feel free! I might considering getting it up to the workshop myself, but that's a very big doubt on my end in all capacities as of this moment and for the future as I know it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6