Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ☼WARLOCKS!☼ - The Outpost of Terrorpelts  (Read 3581 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼WARLOCKS!☼ - The Outpost of Terrorpelts
« on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:56 am »

Welcome to Terrorpelts!

A quaint and calm little place, full of laughter and joy. Wombats roam the countryside, prancing through thick, green grass. Birds chirp, and PAH! I gotta vomit if I have to hear any more of this. Let's mess this place up a bit, shall we?

First of all, where in Hel are we? We are right next to a dwarven tomb, which drew out interest... so many delicious corpses.

And maybe even more important, who is that "we" I'm talking about? We are Warlocks! A group of 7 magic users that found their way together to... experiment a bit. Help the locals to reach a new realm of existence. As our servants. Forever!

For this little fortress I did not pick one of the preset embark profiles, but made my own. Lots of mushrooms spawns, a healthy group of prisoners for meat/bone production, some snakes for eggs and venom; beak dogs as guards, and a little special something: Ice Mephits! They are permanently cold critters that might help with some constructions, dams, or freeze traps.

Here we are! All standing in a circle, like a bunch of jackasses. Lets get to work, lets strike the earth!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼WARLOCKS!☼ - The Outpost of Terrorpelts
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:00:10 am »

Terrorpelts is a test and educational fort for the Meph's Warlocks Mod, a unique playable race that has a very different tech-tree than dwarves.

Warlock workshops and jobs usually require some kind of organic left-overs: Meat, bones, blood, totems, ash and... souls! Souls are automatically generated when a creature is butchered; you usually get an animal soul, but sentient creatures (dwarves, humans, elves, goblins and kobolds) give specific souls. These are the basic component for most magical effects in the mod.

The second major difference is the lack of migrants, caravans and children. You got what you got; if you want more units, you have to make them yourself. Summon worker imps; raise zombies; construct skeletons, and maybe down the line, you can resurrect killed enemies as corrupted Warlocks. Muhahaha!

Warlocks have some new plants and materials, and a wide selection of pets, workshops and jobs. To teach how to play them, I do this little fort. Enjoy. :)

If you want a Warlock for yourself, I'll "dwarf" you. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 06:09:46 am »

First order of business:
 - Assign some nobles.
 - Dig a hovel.
 - Kill things.

Seems to be going alright. :)

Nobles are a bit simplified from dwarves: The Steward is your expedition leader throughout the entire game. Overlord and Crypt Lords are the militia commanders and captains; while the other nobles are compressed into three people: Fleshmonger (doctor), Keeper of Knowledge (manager, broker, bookkeeper) and the Mistress of Pain (sheriff, hammerer using a whip). They do have very high demands though and are picky about their lodgings.

Next up we murder wombats, horses, goats, and everything else that roams around the map. I did bring 3 iron whips and gave the embark party 3 good whip users/dodgers.

JACKPOT! An animal soul. We will want more of those.

And notice the XwoodX on the Tanner's shop? Something damaged it... curses... these blasted Ice Mephits are still flying around the place, causing frost-damage to things they touch. Better get them pastured.

The wombat died right next to pretty sparkling gems... oh, how nice. Let's cover those in some more blood, shall we?

The horses never stood a chance either.

Basic workshops all set up:
 - Mushroom and quarry bush farms all set up.
 - Nestboxed for the black mambas.
 - Beak dogs stationed as guards, with ice mephit (that can spit long range attacks) as second team.
 - Basic vanilla workshops, nothing special.

But we are mages! Evil, powerful, we don't need regular masons or carpenters. Hence we create our first mod workshop: The Aether Gate. Using 2 slabs and 4 souls, we create a whirling vortex of colors to another realm: Easy pickings of raw materials for everyone.

The Aether gate creates color-coded blocks and furniture pieces, free of charge.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 05:33:20 pm »

OK. I wanna be 'Locked. :D This looks like it's going to be really cool and absolutely hilarious. not to mention the sheer funzies that will result with this after the Myths and Magic update. Or even just the Villains and Plots update.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:36:01 pm »

Looks very fun. I'd love a 'Lock.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 10:43:48 am »

Finished the first year, will do the writeup and 'lock both of you. :)

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 08:03:17 am »

Lock me up.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 10:55:17 am »

ptw
Warlock me if you want to
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 07:51:51 am »

Also would like to be 'locked.  Preferably as the Mistress of Pain.  Her name should be "Betty Bubbles" and she should act like a vapid bimbo, with a whip and permanent bloodlust of course, but only because the souls and organs are "like, SO PRETTY!..."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good to see you posting here Meph.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:11:43 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 04:50:15 pm »

This looks fun. I would like to be "Warlocked", go ahead and drop the "Urist Mc" and have them be named MagmaDiver, they're obsessed with fire and magma. If possible and easy, figure out some way to give them fire abilities/spells. Don't have any preferences for skills/ Noble status.