Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bay12 plays Rimworld - Join a community fort in outer space!  (Read 14083 times)

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 plays Rimworld - Join a community fort in outer space!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 10:51:01 am »

ptw
if you do get a new person I would like to be pawned
Lunar works for the name
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 11:27:09 am »

Ancient dangers aren't always filled with killer robots, sometimes its bugs instead. And there is always the possibility of psycho murder marines too.

That ancient ruin we have explored (not exploded even if my fingers did default to "explode") seems to be only a portion of a larger facility, a decent enough place to spend the night and plan from though there almost certainly will be other ruins out there to explore.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 05:47:31 pm »

I'm all for staying for a few days, gather what resources we can, possibly gather more intel on the former occupants and surrounding area, then move to a better location.
     But ...  Obviously the first task is to make a chess board so that Darius can get his first lesson underway.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Emilovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 08:32:15 am »

Chapter II: A New Home

At first, the survivors thought they might stay at the old ruin for a long time and they started to settle in and distribute tasks among themselves. Darius went hunting, Mimiko preserved the meat with salt and roasted it for dinner. Food consisted mainly of meat from the caribou migrating through the area as well as the raptors following them. To their great horror, there were no chairs or tables in the ruin and they were forced to eat dinner on the floor (this is a very bad thing in the mind of a Rimworld pawn). Jebidiah spent most of his time fixing the roof and walls, hacking away at the building where the walls were unnecessarily thick and building new walls where they had broken down. Darius drew the short straw and ended up with the task of clearing the caved-in corridor, hauling stuff and attempting to clean the place.

After some time, however, it dawned upon the four survivors how horribly cold it would get in winter, and Jebidiah began setting up a tailor’s workshop to hopefully sew some boots and hats out of the animal skins from the animals Kingawsum brought down. Even if the winters were warmer further north, they might still get so cold that further protection from the elements was needed.

On one of his hunts, Kingawsum was ambushed by three caribou bulls and got badly injured. The beasts bit off his left thumb and his right ring finger! Hopefully he will still be able to wield his gun…

When kingawsum stopped struggling and passed out, the reindeer, apparently still enraged, charged towards Mimiko who was out strolling about. However, she shot all of them before they could get to her. Apparently, she learned something new about herself from the episode:

What a pleasant place the ruin is now. Two psychopaths, an awkward nerd and an uncouth, greedy know-it-all bastard. Overall, the mood isn’t too great due to the lack of beds, bedrooms and tables. Darius, the greedy bastard, wants a more impressive bedroom:

Take a chill pill dude, you're lucky you have a bed! Mimiko and Jebidiah, our two resident psycopaths, are unhappy about having to share a tent, as well as not having an artificial body part. I’m considering cutting off one leg each and giving them a peg leg just to keep them happy. Also Mimiko is unhappy about having to wear clothes because it shields her from the sweltering Bellatrixian summer:

And… Kingawsum, well, if it wasn’t for the pain he would be alright.

Socially, both Darius and Kingawsum consider themselves friends with Mimiko, probably because she is the only female, even though she is a cat person. Since both Mimiko and Jebbo are psychopaths, they don’t really seem to care about people though. And nobody likes poor Kingawsum because of his awkwardness and scarred face. So the mood isn’t all that great. Oh well.

The ruin, which I’ve christened Bay 12, has been cleaned up and looks a lot better now. I’ve put up the tents, repaired the roof and carved out the weird mazelike area next to the kitchen. A lot of caribou and raptor blood everywhere though. There is a lot of steel, metals and coal in there though. If we get a heating system up and running, encapsulate the place behind thick walls and stock up on plenty of food, we might actually survive the winter here and build up an industry. Perhaps Jebidiah could make us a robot army.

Then one day, Einstein starts barking and won’t stop. Darius, Kingawsum and Mimiko comes out to see what is wrong and they are surprised to see a mammoth approaching… With a man riding it! He isn’t much for talking though, and charges right at them when he sees them, with his mace raised above his head.

Not visible on this pic are the stylish purple raptor leather snow boots that Jebidiah made for everyone

However, Kingawsum places a bullet in his shoulder and then one in his left lung. Even without a few fingers, he is still probably the best marksman on the planet. The rider falls off the mammoth which runs away. Should we try and save the rider? Recruit him? Or maybe enslave him?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:55:45 am by Emilovich »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 08:59:20 am »

I have voiced my vote to recruit the mammoth rider, wait no, the rider is not huge, I mean the rider of the mammoth, yes ... um ... it will add another person to the team for me to experiment on get to know better … ahem … and Einstein shows his competence in alerting us to the approach of danger, and may be angling to become our new Expedition Leader.  Well, let's face it, none of us want either of the psychopaths in charge, nor the greedy bastard that is pining for the fjords … a better bedroom.  As for the accident-prone caribou welcome mat, no.  Just, no.
     Again, the Labrador proves his superiority and worthiness to the group, I suspect we may already be victims of his well executed coup-from-behind-adorable-puppy-eyes, I must put some effort into making a high-tech, mega-watt, squeaky toy to distract him.  Pray I am not too late.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 09:29:05 am »

I vote recruit
recruit them all
mahahahahahahahaha

everything is fine
 everything is on fire

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 11:57:10 am »

Mimiko could feel their eyes on her. They would watch her, she could feel them staring, those filthy men. All her life they complimented her, called her pretty, wanted to touch her, stroke her fur they said. Be a good kitty. Even Mister Bossman, her latest and longest 'employer' who had offered to let her out of the gilded cage. She'd still have to bed whomever he pointed out, but wasn't it kind of freedom? No, it wasn't.

The caribou had charged; she reacted with her training; and suddenly she knew. She was more than a sway in her hips and a shy glance sideways. She was deadly, more deadly because of her beauty. Mimiko had learned the skills to do as she pleased, whensoever she pleased; and if a man's pleasure was sometimes the price she needed to trade for her own, so be it.

Let them watch her. Perhaps one day, perhaps not far away, they could see as much as they ever dreamed about, the perverts. And she would laugh at them then. . . .
-----
When the mammoth rider was downed, Mimiko's feline curiosity ran at a breakneck pace. She could use this fellow as a test; and if she had miscalculated her skills, well he was an enemy. Disposable, really, just as same as one reindeer in a herd. Animal tending, slave tending, it was all the same skill set in the end, now wasn't it?

-----
OOC: Huh, when I pumped up all those social points for Mimiko I didn't expect her to lose all empathy practically first thing. But I did expect her to be the top candidate for warden / recruiter, so keeping this guy is fine if we can find space. As a psychopath, I guess I have no qualms about his ultimate fate in any path chosen.

Regarding peg legs, I'd much rather hold out for something better than that unless her mood gets into real emergency levels.

Question to inform my RP, do cat people have any extra resistance/vulnerability to temperature relative to baseline humans, being furry and all? Not that I expect Mimiko to brave full winter in these parts.

let's face it, none of us want either of the psychopaths in charge,
At least one psychopath wants one of the psychopaths to be in charge. I think Mimiko would rather be a kingmaker, though, picking whichever male appears to be manipulatable into position popular and keeping next to his side to share the luxuries. Keeping a free path to dodge away when the plan turns sideways.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:44:11 pm by mightymushroom »

Emilovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 01:56:47 pm »

Question to inform my RP, do cat people have any extra resistance/vulnerability to temperature relative to baseline humans, being furry and all? Not that I expect Mimiko to brave full winter in these parts.

She can endure slightly colder temperatures, I think it's a difference of around 10C or so.

I played a bit today and the mammoth rider died before he could even be carried back to the base :'( And the mammoth got away. Oh well. I’ll take your wishes into account next time we're attacked!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 02:34:52 pm »

Too bad, a mammoth would have been a great catch.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 06:24:22 pm »

D;
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 01:59:56 am »

the mammoth rider died
Did you at least take his hat, it was his best feature.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 10:22:18 am »

the mammoth rider died
Did you at least take his hat, it was his best feature.
And if you somehow can't take it, you can always make him into a hat!

Anyways, add me to the pawn name list, I just want a pawn with their nickname set to 0cra.

also ptw even though no one cares that i'm posting to watch
it's over

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2019, 03:34:33 am »

Hand hurts still. Doesn't stop me from shooting, though. Maybe one of those weirdos who want new parts can help me out with a new one. Probably'd just cut it off an give me a hook in the meantime. Maybe some of the old hammer 'n chisel will soothe meself.

OOC: Is there any loose stones that I can carve into something nice, perhaps boost the mood? Also I vote to recruit our captive.

Edit: Since I forgot to post anything for Chapter 1:
Lee-Enfield. Bolt-action. 5 round capacity. .303 British; needs more powder, but more than enough to down, at the very least. John Garand definitely had the right idea, though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:44:33 am by kingawsume »
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Emilovich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2019, 09:54:50 am »

Chapter III: Winter is coming

After Kingawsum downed the mammoth rider, Mimiko mumbled something about experiments and ran off to carry the wounded man back to the compound. However, he died before he could be saved. Mimiko carried him to the oil room where he could lie in peace until she had dug a hole for him. However, when she came back to take him to his grave, she found Einstein gnawing away at the poor man’s arm. She figured that Einstein once again had proven his superior intelligence since we shouldn’t let all that fresh meat go to waste, so she joined him in the feast. She also liked his cap, so she took it and wore it, deciding that while she disliked clothes, she did like hats.

At least now we know there are people on this planet, however they might be a bit hostile. But the four survivors had grown fond of their private bed rooms with real beds and the fine copper end tables that Jebidiah had made. Therefore, they decided that if they could get enough food as well as some kind of heating system up and running, they would stay there for the winter.

Jebidiah sat down to try and figure out how to make an efficient heating system and came up with a system where water was pumped up from the ground with the aid of a wind pump (perhaps an electrical pump if we get electricity), then heated by a water boiler (where they could burn some of their coal) and then circulated throughout the base using a system of pipes. He was aided in this great building project by Kingawsum, who is also pretty handy with a construction hammer.

Jebidiah also set up a horseshoes pin to the great rejoice of everyone, since no one actually remember how to build a chessboard currently (I think you can research it though).

Once again, Einstein demonstrates his great scientific interest by toppling a jug of healroot tincture (some kind of primitive medicine that was lying around in the ruin) and drinking all of it. This resulted in a serious overdose which he only barely survived. No more running around the workshop for you Einstein!

Then we had a cat infestation. Ten wild black and white cats invaded the compound. They seemed very tame, but we can’t possibly feed that many cats, so Mimiko put them down… And then left them lying around the hallway overnight. The others noticed that she in particular seemed to enjoy the cat steaks the following nights.

Kingawsum brought the small bamboo table to the room next to the kitchen and made some ceramic stools, so now we have a dining room! The horrid days of eating without tables are over. Do note how Mimiko has swapped the mammoth rider’s cap with a stylish fox head/hat (also courtesy of Kingawsum), which will be much more useful than a soldier's cap come winter.

Then we had another visit from locals, this time a friendly one! A mental patient called Giggles. There were some difficulty with communicating with her and it wasn’t quite clear whether she was running from a mental hospital or if she thought this place was a mental hospital (which wouldn’t surprise anyone). She also tried to sell some useless things, but we didn’t want it so she left dissatisfied. Maybe the fact that she had to sleep on the ground played a role as well, we didn’t have any spare rooms which weren’t filled with oil and corpses.

She may have told some of her friends, for she was soon followed by two more of her people, two youngsters who we threw out when they started fighting after an argument. We have figured out that they are all from the Self-determining Confederation of Easistan, a group of civilized people living somewhere far to the northwest. They are not foreign to gunpowder weapons, but don’t have any space ships or any off-world contacts.

By now we have reached early autumn, which means that there’s already frost outside and it’s a decently cold -21C outside. However, the heating system is finished and we’ve encased the compound in thick walls of concrete and steel, meaning that it’s warm and cozy inside. I’ve also built a cold storage room next to the kitchen where we can keep all our food during winter without having to worry about the food spoiling. And I’ve roofed over and walled in the eastern area where Darius’s room and Kingawsum’s tent are so that they won’t freeze on their way to the main complex. Cave flora started growing there almost right away and Darius even got a beautiful Brightbell flower in his room. Darius has also just finished clearing the great room next to the toilets, which was full of rocks, so now we’re using it for storage, for the water boiler and – very soon – the coal-fueled power generator devised by Jebidiah.

Next time, I will see if I can make a hunting expedition to fill up our food stocks. Failing that, we will have to abandon the place, which would be a shame with all the steel, coal and other resources we were so lucky to find here.

I will also aim to fulfill your wishes, so hopefully Kingawsume will get to do some art, maybe there will be chess and if you have any more ideas I’m listening!

You can also discuss leadership if you want. If we should even have one. We could also have direct democracy.

Next update will be up Monday at the earliest.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 07:12:13 pm »

Got a link to the modpack? I want to try this myself.

Also, we should have our pawns which are good fighters have a navy blue outfit color for the sake of it. On the topic of pawn role-colored outfits, our more expendable pawns should have red outfits.

I would appreciate my pawn being a good shooter, preferably with an assault rifle/other medium-long range weapon. On the topic of weapons, it won't hurt to procure some good guns. Hopefully we get <insert faction with quality over quantity pawns during raids here>ite, though.

Edit: If you feel the need to have a storyteller with more events in any specific length of time, I suggest this mod, as it adds a storyteller with, as someone who personally used the mod myself, a fuck ton of events. I don't know much about it other than the high amount of events, so I'd expect Randy Random-levels of bullshit back-to-back threats. Hell, you might end up even getting two different factions at war with eachother raiding at once, for added chaos.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:47:37 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4