Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [47.04] Human Fortress v3.0  (Read 27172 times)

Broms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Human Fortress v1.3
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2019, 03:53:19 pm »

I think a variation from human history would be interesting. Specifically cultures that probably never met like the Spartans and Romans.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2019, 08:51:36 am »

I think a variation from human history would be interesting. Specifically cultures that probably never met like the Spartans and Romans.
with most of the different cultures, they are not only different in styles, weaponry etc, but even more important also their political system, their economical system, their moral mindsets.
those did evolve and affect eachother. and each culture affected their neighbours.

so implementing it that way would result in a heap of human cultures, which will most unlikely be able to keep peace with eachother because of their different moral mindsets.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2019, 12:32:06 pm »

I for one would absolutely love to see a mod with a heap of different human cultures.  The various "fantasy" races would then be more rare, yes, but that would make them more special, not less.  The goblin towers with their demonic overlords, the roving animal-people, the dwarves and the elves would become truly remarkable next to all the different humans swarming to world. And with all the various human cultures interacting, it would be interesting to see how the various "fantasy" races survived (or didn't).  I'd also like to see megabeasts able to be venerated as gods again - What temples to Dragons or the various Titans might turn up?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2019, 03:08:19 pm »

it would be interesting, yes, but also troubling.
what exactly makes the roman culture unique? or the spartans?
they got much in common, but also how do you represent their different moral views and ways of life in the Raws?
spartans killing newborns if they aren't strong enough, forcing children to live on the streets and steal the food they need... reminds me of the problem of how to represent the D&D drow...

also they're not from the same age, so one can argue the romans evolved from the spartans and other people.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2019, 08:07:05 pm »

Not exactly a comment on this mod, though I think that other cultures of human would be cool too, namely arabic cultures which are possible with default DF items (turbans, scimitars, etc), but I was wondering if you'd ever d o a Dwarf Fortress mod? Like, create a new dwarven entity with changes along the same lines as the ones you've made to the goblin, elven, and human civs and introduced in the orcish one.

cserszegi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2020, 03:25:59 am »

Hello!
Could you help me? I would like to use this mod with the meph tileset, but the sprites are not working properly.
And if i want to use this mod together with your other fortresses, i need to edit their embark_profiles.txt file together?
Thank you in advance for your reply.

cserszegi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2020, 07:31:40 am »

Another question. This mod is compatible with the 47.04 version of the game?

Borzoi

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:long snouts]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2020, 08:04:19 pm »

I've been playing it for about three in-game years on 47.04, and haven't ran into any major problems yet.
You might need to add [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] to the human entity, in order to have the randomly generated positions like "high housekeeper" and "chief butler" that villain networks make use of. They should be able to exist at the same time as the modded positions (with little overlap, since "Any defined positions holding a given responsibility will take precedence over generated positions for that responsibility." - https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#Leadership)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2020, 11:36:24 am »

This mod has been updated to DF v47.04.

No changes were made from the previous version.

Life has been busy, but I will look into taking up where I left off with this mod (creating multiple cultures from human civilization).

I was wondering if you'd ever do a Dwarf Fortress mod? Like, create a new dwarven entity with changes along the same lines as the ones you've made to the goblin, elven, and human civs and introduced in the orcish one.

I am not sure what I would add or change to the Dwarven entity to be honest. I think the vanilla game does the dwarf entity rather well. I am open to suggestions though if you had something specific in mind.

if i want to use this mod together with your other fortresses, i need to edit their embark_profiles.txt file together?
You do if you want to use my embark profiles. Otherwise, it doesn't matter (whatever is installed last will be the embark profile you get).

I would like to use this mod with the meph tileset, but the sprites are not working properly.

This may be a better question for Meph as I haven't used the tileset code in awhile, but the tileset should be assigned the same way the other creatures are. All of the creatures in this mod start with "hf_" so take the tileset code for "HUMAN" and copy it for "hf_HUMAN". Let me know if you can't find someone on the tileset board to help you and I will do more research to get it working for you.

I've been playing it for about three in-game years on 47.04, and haven't ran into any major problems yet.
You might need to add [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] to the human entity, in order to have the randomly generated positions like "high housekeeper" and "chief butler" that villain networks make use of. They should be able to exist at the same time as the modded positions (with little overlap, since "Any defined positions holding a given responsibility will take precedence over generated positions for that responsibility." - https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#Leadership)

Thanks for this! I will look into this (and test it) for the next version of the mod.

Excaerious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Human Fortress v1.3
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2020, 09:51:14 pm »

Haven't came around to post in a while on bay12 but I have been playing for years. This mod intrigued me, simplistic but well executed. So I threw together a little pack with this, your dog mod, and your fish mod on top of LNP for ease.

My first wave included this: https://i.imgur.com/jXYvbhJ.png

There were other migrants but he came with those two kids. His current tagline is: 'Let peace be throughout the world!', yet in his bio page wants to rule the world. Interesting character. This will certainly be fun.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Human Fortress v1.3
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2020, 08:27:41 am »

Haven't came around to post in a while on bay12 but I have been playing for years. This mod intrigued me, simplistic but well executed. So I threw together a little pack with this, your dog mod, and your fish mod on top of LNP for ease.

My first wave included this: https://i.imgur.com/jXYvbhJ.png

There were other migrants but he came with those two kids. His current tagline is: 'Let peace be throughout the world!', yet in his bio page wants to rule the world. Interesting character. This will certainly be fun.

Thanks!

I would love to hear what happens to the fort and Strildo. I always enjoy seeing screenshots and reading stories about the game.

He reminds me of that imperial officer on Mandalorian: "Everybody thinks they want freedom, but what they really want is order."

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Human Fortress v2.0
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2020, 10:26:33 am »

v2.0 released!

Spoiler: Changelog v2.0 (click to show/hide)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Human Fortress v3.0
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2020, 09:30:48 am »

v3.0 released!

Spoiler: Changelog v3.0 (click to show/hide)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2021, 10:12:06 am »

Nice, reading through i've noticed a few things that could be offered some improvement.

The additional suggested compatible mods are "activated" rather than commented out on another file which makes the setup a little bit more complicated when trying to determine where errorlog complaints are coming from. Im sure extended fishing & additional dogs fit in nicely with the intended scope but aren't really my cup of tea and i want to play some 3.0 HF "out of the box".

Im not a personal fan of the underground crops being syndrome carriers implicitly because its hard to enforce people to not eat them, but it'd be nice if we could process them more into a edible state at a kitchen or something so it can be used. I haven't investigated whether putting [5] plump helmets or more will cause the syndrome to stack to where they will be hospitalized and pass out to suffocate on the spot but alcohol consumption suggests it might be possible.

[AUTOMATIC] could be useful for this, as from the kitchen you can turn its functionality off from 'orders' which halts all active kitchen automated jobs like fat procession.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2021, 02:25:18 pm »

Another thing, is that on the modification you are missing:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:MERCHANT_COMPANY:NAME_ENTITY_MERCHANT_COMPANY]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:CRAFT_GUILD:NAME_ENTITY_MERCHANT_COMPANY]

Which now interact with merchant nobility in 47.04 for making buildings such as counting houses & warehouses for merchant activities to push their goods so the word selector is likely to be quite impoverished.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7