Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [47.04] Human Fortress v3.0  (Read 26947 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Human Fortress v1.3
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2019, 03:21:41 pm »

I meant constructions. Construct floor: Grass. It prevents trees from growing too, and you can always add your workshops later on on top.

Ah. I would need dfhack for that though right? I cant make a floor out of plant or an item can I? I thought that I can only add workshops and furnaces without dfhack?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2019, 01:25:26 pm »

Well, this took me longer than I would like to admit to debug, but the garden is pretty much done. What do you think?

This is a rose garden, marble fountain and boxwood hedge in front of a marble temple.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2019, 04:51:18 am »

Noice!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2019, 06:31:40 am »

You don't need dfhack for that. Just make a reaction that accepts plants to create a block of INORGANIC:GRASS or something like that. The end result will look like a green floor, but if you have TWBT you can add sprites for it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2019, 07:06:38 am »

You don't need dfhack for that. Just make a reaction that accepts plants to create a block of INORGANIC:GRASS or something like that. The end result will look like a green floor, but if you have TWBT you can add sprites for it.

Oh. I get what you are saying now. It would be a block item, not a floor tile. Interesting. Similiar to what I did with those rose bushes up there (as tool items). I will look into that.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:13 am »

The end result will look like a green floor, but if you have TWBT you can add sprites for it.
I can actually make 5 different grass blocks each with the same name but a different grass tile then the reaction would be create grass sod with product chances
20% chance sod tile 1
20% chance sod tile 2
Etc...

Or I guess I could just have 100% chance one of each. In theory when you stockpile the grass blocks there will be five variants at random spots.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2019, 04:15:40 pm »

Love this mod. feels like a genuine human town
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:50:33 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2019, 07:34:58 pm »

Love this mod. feels like a genuine human town

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it :) let me know if you have any feedback/ideas.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2019, 07:44:32 pm »

Would it be possible to make the humans have a more complex trading system
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2019, 04:52:10 am »

Would it be possible to make the humans have a more complex trading system
Can you be more specific? Do you have any examples? Do you mean what items they have for trade?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2019, 08:34:55 am »

Use of Merchant Nobles that specialize in negotiation for both trading and diplomacy and bookkeeping. Sorta catch all that deals with talking and money

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2019, 02:11:21 pm »

Use of Merchant Nobles that specialize in negotiation for both trading and diplomacy and bookkeeping. Sorta catch all that deals with talking and money

Cool idea. I'll add a merchant noble position in the next update.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2019, 10:10:49 pm »

and stuff like a "Trade Workshop"
That focuses on making profitable trading goods

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2019, 05:47:30 pm »

and stuff like a "Trade Workshop"
That focuses on making profitable trading goods
I will think on this and figure out some stuff. I have been really preoccupied with an overhaul mod that I am working on so it may be awhile before anything gets added to this mod though

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2019, 08:44:58 am »

Currently, this mod is loosely based on the culture of medieval Europe. If I break the human entity into multiple different cultures, what cultures would you guys like to see?

This would mainly be a change to clothing, armor, weapons, domesticated livestock, nobility positions, pantheon and biome support of those cultures. All of the entities would still be called humans and they would all be the human creature, but only the human entities loosely based on Mayan or Indian culture would spawn/live in the world's jungles (for example). However, all of the civilizations created by these two entities would still be called "humans".

Here are some ideas:

Arabic
Aztec
Eygptian
Berber
British
Byzantine
Celt
Chinese
Frank
Greek
Hun
Inca
India
Japanese
Mayan
Mongol
Persian
Polynesian
Roman
Slav
Spanish
Turk
Viking
Zulu

This would require me to edit a lot of the vanilla raw files though in order to place creature classes in the vanilla creature raws.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7