Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burghers of Frye: a game by BakedToast from another forum  (Read 856 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Burghers of Frye: a game by BakedToast from another forum
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:11:30 pm »

new players welcome, I am not the creator, I just thought that new players could join. It is a political type game
Quote from: BakedToast post_id=81332 time=1526663173 user_id=997
We are currently accepting new players! Anyone who would like to join has the option of playing as an NPC organization, or playing as an individual person. I am open to the possibility of new players taking on the roles of existing characters in the world, so if there's a character/group that piques your interest that isn't being controlled by a family, and you want to play as them/their group, let me know! See the spoiler below to see some of the groups available to play as.

Introduction
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gameplay:
Each turn is one month in Frye. For your turn, you may propose laws and vote on current issues (if you have a family member in the Village Elders), and have your family (or yourself) facilitate other actions at your discretion to affect the village. Each vote in the Village Elders is worth one point, and other families cannot “support” these votes, except to also vote in a similar manner. Each vote for a general action in the village of Frye can be supported by other families, adding a benefit to the results of your roll. You can also attempt to sabotage another family’s general actions, adding negatives to the results of their roll.

Below is a summarized amalgamation of all the powerful families in Frye, with a short description of their societal "roles", ideologies, and influence in the village.

[The original setting of the first 4 players]
New players are welcome to join mid-game, but will have a different role (as powerful families can't just spring up out of the ground); New players will be given a set of options to choose from, but most likely will be joining to play as a single person in the village from a selection of available... professions... that I will offer them.[/spoiler]

Below is a more in-depth description of the village of Frye, for those who'd like more knowledge of the world they are playing in. [The way it was at the beginning]

Current Groups+Characters available to play as:

Amalgamation of all Reports:

First Year:
Second Year:
Third Year:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:57:51 pm by Naturegirl1999 »