Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]  (Read 40615 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2019, 11:48:54 am »

They absolutely could have decided not to kill both nights, but that would require relying on a town power role not to mess up their plans.

If you are town tric, your best course of action would be laying out your case on who you think is the final scum.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2019, 12:04:06 pm »

Not that easy...

So, Persus is an all likelihood Town. Leaving Naturegirl and IcyTea. Of those, I find it somewhat difficult to believe IcyTea would attack Hector so strongly.

At this point, it's mostly a process of elemination. Either I'm wrong about you, or Naturegirl is Scum. So looking at Naturegirls posts and contributions, aI can mostly see her being led along, or rather letting herself be led along.

In this case, I don't think Naturegirl's actions can overturn the idea that you are a Jailer. So by elimination, she is the odd one out.

Naturegirl has always been following, never leading.

Well, it's not like this actually matters at this point. Mafia may be laying low, but unless Icytea is pulling one over all of us, they've made a pretty big mistake keeping you around. And if I'm wrong, not much to be done about it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2019, 01:58:19 pm »

I kinda wonder where IcyTea went off to.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:30 pm »

Probably got tired of this game like most other people.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2019, 06:31:35 pm »

We need to have his vote if we ever lynch scum, otherwise we end up waiting for them to kill someone because of not enough votes to lynch. I am aware that lynching the wrong one will lead to our loss.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2019, 04:46:13 am »

Ugh, just finish it. TricMagic
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2019, 09:34:58 am »

TricMagic

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2019, 06:28:55 pm »

Quote from: Final votecount
Not voting: ---

TricMagic: IcyTea31, Naturegirl1999, Persus13 (3)
Naturegirl1999: TricMagic (1)

Votes to extend: ---

The day has ended.

TricMagic has been lynched!
TricMagic was a Perfected Thin Man.

Quote from: Perfected Thin Man ('Vanilla' Mafia)
You are the perfected form of the "thin man", a reptilian species undergoing heavy genetic modification to infiltrate and sabotage the human populace.  Unlike many of your brethren, you blend in seamlessly with humans, a feature which made you perfect for the most important job of all: bringing down XCOM.

When the base was evacuated, XCOM made a crucial mistake.  The device your fellow infiltrator used to contact the Elders was mixed in with other equipment and brought to the new site, and with everything in disarray now is the perfect time to strike.  Unfortunately, you have both been caught up in a sweep to find the traitors within XCOM, sequestered away in a locked section of the base until your guilt can be determined.  If enough of them were to die, though, perhaps you might find an opening to sneak away...

You are Mafia. You have access to the shared night kill of your faction. You may talk privately with your ally [In a secret topic held on Quicktopic.com which will be visible to only you and your ally.]

Win Condition: You win when the town faction has equal or less players than your faction.

Town has won the game!

Mafia chat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rAysr5HCqA4S
Deadchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/rjaQeZauAhcd

This didn't go as planned, and for that I must apologize... still, it was grand to try my hand at this! I don't expect I shall be doing so again anytime soon.
Thank you all for having me.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2019, 07:06:13 pm »

It was fun, I tried to help.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2019, 10:30:33 pm »

I thought you did a good job. Could have been a bit more forthcoming on vote counts, but that's it. Most of the problems with the game were related to player activity or lack of.
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2019, 12:14:59 am »

I thought you did a good job. Could have been a bit more forthcoming on vote counts, but that's it. Most of the problems with the game were related to player activity or lack of.
After D1 stayed open for almost 48 hours longer than it was supposed to with no explanation I was seriously thinking the game had just been scrapped
Most of the problems from the game are from people just refusing to post though, yeah.

It was fun, I tried to help.
You're the only player who really stuck through the whole game and the only one of the 'newbie' players who actually did enough work for people to get a read on you (tric's lategame scumposting notwithstanding). Could definetly put out more volume, but it's incrediably hard to do so in as anemic an environment as most of this game had, especially with how a lot of the big D1 case was founded on established metaplay

In retrospect, I should have spotted tric D1. I was distracted by pooka's copposting and lost sight of the fact that sometimes, outright scummy behavior actually does come from scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2019, 06:17:15 am »

In retrospect, I should have spotted tric D1. I was distracted by pooka's copposting and lost sight of the fact that sometimes, outright scummy behavior actually does come from scum.

Correct in that. Though I made a mistake in not killing the jailkeeper sooner. Good on jailing me.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2019, 05:48:42 pm »

Well I tried. At least I got my gut read right. And honestly, I thought my dead after just a gut read would have sparked at least a little discussion on Tric.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2019, 07:06:47 pm »

Gut reads don’t mean anything to other players.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]