Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Noita  (Read 48426 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Noita
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2019, 03:15:34 pm »

Freeze field is actually kind of a trap perk though... All the good stuff it provides can be replaced by a flask of water, and if you have freeze field you cannot take vampirism, which is the premiere sustainability perk. It also does funky stuff like turn toxic sludge into toxic ice, which you can't convert into harmless water anymore, and makes your water flask more or less impossible to fill.

So yes, it puts out all fires near you... But it doesn't directly prevent you from catching on fire. And if you do, good fucking luck putting it out again.

You can also be poisoned by poison gas or get teleportitis from fluid, which you can't wash off anymore because fluids freeze around you.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2019, 05:19:02 pm »

I'm seriously considering buying this one

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2019, 07:20:46 pm »

Far as I've noticed it's in isolate. You learn things but don't carry stuff over.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2019, 08:11:13 pm »

In the pause menu there is a "progress" option, but it only shows spells/perks/enemies you have discovered. It's a possibility they'll add between-run progress later, but I wouldn't rely on that.

And yes, it can definitely be irritating to develop a nice wand & spells then lose it all to a bit of the chaos that happens from time to time. I'm enjoying it more in moderation & without getting too attached to any run. More about the journey than the destination and all that.

Edit: Having said that, I really do wish there was a way to change up your starting spells a bit to diversify the very beginning. I'd love to have a semi-random couple of wands instead of the usual peashooter and bomb.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:46:51 pm by Dostoevsky »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2019, 09:13:31 pm »

Quote from: wand i just found
spells/cast   5
!!!
Quote from: that same wand
capacity   4
wait what

how do you even work

E: And yeah, some starting variation would be great. Maybe a third wand with a random non-bomb ammo thing?
Ask not!
Ask!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2019, 01:17:52 am »

There is a daily run in the options menu that offers variations on starting equipment. Its based on the date, I believe of the system clock, and offers different starting spell lineups. There are also mods you can install to do that as well.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2019, 01:43:37 am »

So yes, it puts out all fires near you... But it doesn't directly prevent you from catching on fire. And if you do, good fucking luck putting it out again.
You can put out a fire by diving into oil instead. Or magic potions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2019, 03:15:05 am »

I want to play this, but I'm afraid that like other games I have done this with, I will have played it so much that the final improved version will just not have enough impact to finish it. Is there a place to track what they are going to add?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 03:36:51 am »

There's technically one thing that carries over from one round to the next, but it's slightly spoilery (not that we haven't already been dumping loads of spoilers in this thread) and for the most part you're not even going to activate or notice it until you've already started getting a bit more comfortable with the game.

There's apparently some planned progression with unlocking new spells, but that hasn't been implemented yet so all spells are currently unlocked by default.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2019, 08:05:05 am »

... speaking of spoilers, anyone know what's up with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
Ask!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2019, 10:05:55 am »

Yes, other people have solved it. I can't remember what it said, but it's a simple substitution cipher. Here's the key, if you don't want to solve it yourself:
https://i.imgur.com/c30fc9m.png
There's other snippets of text in the game, too. The runes on those standing stones that show the game controls are the same, just a larger font.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2019, 10:55:13 pm »

Well, that was kinda' fun. Found one of the sillier wands I've seen, an otherwise just decent shuffle wand that happened to have... already forgot the name. Explode terrain or something like that. As an innate, always cast spell component.

Whatever it is, the description is pretty misleading. It doesn't explode terrain so much as cause modified projectiles to just explode on contact, and for a pretty hefty chunk of damage. Loaded the thing with more or less just some summon arrows, and then it was off to the races. Brutally annihilated two or three zones, pretty cheerfully murdering basically everything I encountered in a few shots, usually even if I missed. Lasted right up until I somehow bugged out the game and stopped being able to pick things up.

It's not the most straightforward killer shuffle wand I've seen*, but it was up there.

* that one was a few runs ago, that had built-in recharge shortening, that I loaded up with multi-spells, spread reduction, damage boosting, and a handful of... gods, names, piercing light or something, the thin laser beams. Didn't have the greatest stamina, but it was a freakish gatling laser from hell that basically fired conglomerated giant fuckoff beams right out of nanoha or something. Full unload would spew a beam of light as large or larger than my character and kill just about anything not in the works, and there was near no travel time. Plus it bounced a bit, so even aim was largely conditional. You just pointed in things general direction and more or less deleted them. It was great :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2019, 01:49:14 am »

Lasted right up until I somehow bugged out the game and stopped being able to pick things up.
You might have phantom items taking up your item slots. I know Perk Roulette sometimes places copies of perks there for some reason, and though they'll be invisible and unselectable, you can drop them to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:14:02 am by Soadreqm »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2019, 02:11:41 am »

A warning- do not ponder how to switch around stuff on your wands in order to go grab a really fancy wand with stuff like lightning bolt and poison arcs while standing in water holding out a wand with a thunder effect and low HP.
Another warning: Do not open chests underwater. They can contain thunderstones, or flasks of chaotic polymorphium that will immediately shatter and turn you into something that doesn't like being in water.

Just shoot chests to open them instead.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2019, 04:59:56 am »

Also bombs. I had a pretty good run end because a bomb was hidden among a pile of gold I jumped into to evade some bulletbois
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20