Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Noita  (Read 47830 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Noita
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2019, 08:19:32 pm »

If you want the gold-healing yourself, I'm pretty sure Noita+ is the mod that does it.

Just be aware it's a pretty huge mod and may not play nice with other mods.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2019, 08:58:47 pm »

Ah, that's probably it. Am running that one.

Haven't had any problem with mod incompatibility yet, tho', outside the kick-crash thing an update or two ago. Running that, spellbound, no gold despawn, expanded expanded starts, and a smattering of other things. Noita+ mostly for the changes to makes to the temples, though. Its world gen changes are more annoying than anything, unless something's borking up with it. Lots of extra dense walling and whatnot.

E: In other news, nightmare mode is, in fact, pretty nightmarish. Yikes.

E2: Mod improved lukki mutation is so much better. Rather than a shitty close range poke, it swaps your normal levitation for infinite, fast, flight so long as you're fairly close to a surface. Basically you move like the actual crap with legs like that in the game and it's pretty damn great.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:12:43 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2020, 12:14:55 pm »

You can no longer drink infinite amounts of stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Polymorphine be deadly.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2020, 12:33:18 pm »

You can no longer drink infinite amounts of stuff.
...welp. Presumably this means Vampirism is nerfed to shit? I haven't played in a while...

Polymorphine be deadly.
That, at least, I recognize :P

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2020, 12:47:48 pm »

Polymorphine be the scariest thing in the whole damn game.

Did one of those parallel world and NG+ mega-runs the other day. Didn't get Edit Wands Everywhere until digging through the cursed rock, which was a bit annoying... had to use dangerous amounts of chaotic polymorphine and face-tank a couple of nukes. Tried a few worm rain events too, got the HP up to over 2k, and the mines drenched in worm blood.

Ended the run in NG+ when the new update came out. Some insane new perks to try out. Feast hype!
One wheel short of a wagon

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:49 pm »

Tested a bit. Drinking a bottleful of stuff fills up a meter by 80%. You get slowed down a bit on 100% and explode on 200%. Meter takes a long while to get down. Maybe you can speed it up by drinking slime to cause vomiting?
I'm curious what those new "worm crystals" do. They are encased under the floor of areas between levels, destroying floor to get to them does not trigger guardian. "You feel less safe" message pops up on when you destroy one.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2020, 01:18:48 pm »

Worm crystals were added a number of versions back as a means of preventing worms from burrowing through temple ground, enraging the gods before you even step foot in the place. The crystals have a barrier field around them that stops worms from approaching them. Smashing them removes the barrier, and destroying several (3? 4?) causes a giant worm to be summoned, supposedly.

I first learned about the crystals when a worm burrowed through the chamber so I could walk down into it and poke the crystal.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2020, 08:15:37 am »

I picked this up and have been having a bit of fun, but the game feels just a bit too random to me. I've gotten to the Snowy Depths a few times but I feel like I always either luck out and find a wand with nice base stats by then, or I'm stuck with a peashooter and have to avoid all the enemies (and miss out on gold). I'm probably just bad at the game, though :D

Also the lag gets pretty intense with fun wand combos!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2020, 08:47:13 am »

Eh, you can go pretty far with just the base wand if you really need to, but you have to be super careful/cheesy about murdering most things in the process. I've killed the big jetpack dudes with the base wand without getting hit before, ferex, it just took longer than it was probably worth. You get used to attack patterns and how to avoid them after a while.

A good wand makes a heck of a difference in how aggressive/quick you can be, though, yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2020, 01:05:21 pm »

Played a few more games today and did much better, even made it to the Temple once (and died very, very quickly). I think I was playing the game a bit too linear, now that I'm wandering a bit more between stages I feel like it's not quite as bad since you get a few more options before things get rough. I really like
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2020, 01:13:38 pm »

Oh. Yeah, the map's honestly kinda' huge even discounting the procedurally pseudo-infinite parts that go on until your computer can't handle it anymore. And indeed pretty interconnected, you can end up in odd places or bypass chunks entirely depending on what hole you go down or bust open.
Ask not!
Ask!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2020, 01:28:39 am »

Anyone know of a mod that makes single pixels or 2 pixel groups of material turn to powder? The amount of times those ruin a run is horrible. Would also be nice if the hitbox for your character could be fixed. I've gotten permanently stuck in a single pixel of stone, gotten into places I can't get out of, and could not move up/down because one single pixel juts out of a wall. Flailing your arm around seems to change the hitbox so something funky is going on.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2020, 05:40:27 pm »

So I picked this up and it is fantastically fun! As a long time fan of falling sand games and etc. I felt right at home. The wand/magic system is also super awesome, the joy of finding new combinations is peak gaming.

Thus far I've had two wands which I ADORED.

#1, basically a hyper concentrated pneumatic air gun that shot like 10 compressed bursts of air at once--pretty much killed any enemy.

#2, a shotgun wand that just flooded the map every time I shot it--eventually this lead to me suffocating in an ocean of my own making.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2020, 06:05:32 pm »

eventually this lead to me suffocating in an ocean of my own making.

I managed to do that but also had the breathless and electricity perks, meaning everything on the screen just instantly died. Still ended up dying however, and I don't know why. I could not identify the source of damage and the death screen just said "killed by "" ", blank.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:24:05 pm by Micro102 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »

1.0 is indeed out, and I am indeed embarked upon another god run. Discovering some very strange new spells.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20