Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Approved Monster Hunters Too Stupid To Sleep In A Bed - Dwarf Fortress 44.12  (Read 1504 times)

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile

This is a common bug that is happening with monster hunters I approve to live in my fort ...
 They often times refuse to sleep in a bed - and they think unhappy thoughts about it. ( most of the time they fall asleep wherever they are standing ). Interestingly some monster hunters refuse to claim a bedroom, despite my current fort having over 70 unclaimed "decent quarters" available .

Here are 4 dorks, all of them approved monster hunters, all of them sleeping on the floor next to free beds in a dormitory, all of them thinking unhappy thoughts about it.

On a semi-related note: could someone please fix the dead body spam dorks get after killing something ?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:26:09 pm by RLS0812 »
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile

Long term residents only claim rooms that are assigned to a tavern.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Long term residents only claim rooms that are assigned to a tavern.

You can assign long term residents their own regular rooms/dining rooms and tombs manually (handy for the short life-span of a monster hunter to have a nice coffin to rest in), but they'll claim a long term room like you said by themselves over time.

I don't think having the room carries any further requirements like enabling them to petition for citizenship later if they are alternatively assigned but its good practice to pool some nicely furnished rooms ahead of time to keep them satisfied through the grim work they sometimes have to do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:37:12 pm by FantasticDorf »

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile

The only problem I see here is your monster hunters surviving long enough to need sleep. Did the entrance to the caves get sealed or something?
In a time before time, I had a name.