Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 52638 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #1065 on: February 28, 2021, 02:58:53 am »

: "'Young man'..?" Alec pauses, letting the words settle for a moment. "Huh. I feel there was a time not too long ago where having that aimed at me would feel accurate. But hearing it now just feels strange."
: "Well, all due respect, sir, but that crystal's also our ticket out of whatever worlds we're being sent to. It's just my hunch to keep it away from the action."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 28, 2021, 04:14:32 am »

"You're still young enough to be a young man to me."

"Although I see your point, let's let the lady in question decide what she wishes to do with the artifact."

It seemed a neutral enough solution.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 28, 2021, 08:13:54 am »

"I really do hope next time we receive more reliable information. We are already stepping into unknown territory, so going in without knowing what to expect is very risky."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 28, 2021, 10:05:24 pm »

Well that certainly wouldn't do. She blushed as both men, especially the cute one, offered to take the crystal from her. But she couldn't let them take it, it was her responsibility after all.

"N-no, I mean, thank you both, but if he says it shouldn't affect my memory, I'll trust him. I mean, maybe I'm not the only one not remembering things. Are... are either of you remembering anything? And either way, I agreed to carry this, I should keep doing it. That way if it really is affecting things, only one person is affected."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1069 on: February 28, 2021, 11:40:33 pm »

"I could carry it," Hoshiko offered quietly. The twintailed girl remained somber despite her usual antics. "Back home. My duty for life was guarding a stone like this." Her voice dropped further. "Just as my mother did. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 01, 2021, 01:15:39 am »

"I'm not sure if more of my memories are returning yet. That is to say, I'm sure some have, but mostly they are along the same lines as the previous ones. I'm sure I've seen nearly sixty winters and the majority of that life was spent violently. What's one dead bandit more or less to the pile?"

Vahn shrugged. Remembering more tactics and how to properly utilize his muscle memory was useful, of course, but the meat of his life was spent shedding blood. If there were good memories in there, he had yet to regain them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 01, 2021, 02:39:09 pm »

: "Honestly, I don't think I'm remembering much. Notions and hunches, scraps of the skills I used to have, but no details."
: "Though, at the least, I get the feeling my life has been an eventful one."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 05, 2021, 02:33:41 am »

Alexander chimed in after Hoshiko.
:"In all fairness, Hoshiko, it is likely that all of us have something that we were guarding. And while I can't quite speak for specifics on magical artifacts, something does seem vaguely familiar about "stones". I'm not certain we should all be so eager to risk our memories, frankly. Of course, it's only fair that, should this stone indeed interfere with memories, somebody hold it in the brief time until our arrival to give Ciera a chance to remember something."
:"But I don't think that I quite like all the eagerness. I think it's likely the memories we're recovering are something of value - things we held onto enough to remember them now, with... the unfortunate exception of Ciera, though I suspect it's likely some force inhibiting her memories or some... sort of compounding factor."
:"...hmm... relatedly, though. This might be selfish of me, but I would like to request I not be the one to hold it despite saying all this. I'd like, at least, to finish remembering the names of my children, you see... it makes me feel rather inadequate as a father to only remember half of them."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1073 on: March 05, 2021, 03:02:58 am »

"Guarding a piece of the Emblem wasn't something I was eager for. I didn't want it at all, once I found out what that meant." She shook her head. "I'm offering because it's my duty as former guardian of the power of the underworld, and as a hero of justice. I can't remember all of my travels, but I remember enough."
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 05, 2021, 08:50:30 am »

Eventually, having found nothing else in useful condition within the tower, the entire group had returned. "I had originally thought to send you after another artifact straight away, but I think some rest will be in order."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 05, 2021, 02:17:51 pm »

Before they returned to the tower:
:"...mm, well... I'm certain all of us have our duty. There's a gap in my younger years, before I had my children... but what I'm certain of is that I had a duty too. I'm sure we all have - we are the kinds of people who were brought to defend everything, after all. You are still free to offer these potential sacrifices like anyone else... but there is, at least, no need to single yourself out."

At the tower:
:"That might perhaps be wise. Hmmm... well, while we're here, I suppose I'd like to satisfy a bit of curiosity: does anyone else here remember being married or having children? I'm in the mood to talk about mine, you see, at least as far as I remember."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 05, 2021, 08:52:37 pm »

As Alexander inquires about the possibility of anyone else having been married or had children, Alec takes a moment to lift his hand, face flexing as his eyes glaze over the ring adorning it. With the only other ring on either of his hands being the All-Tongues ring, this one was just a simple, unadorned band. Whether it held any significance, the creases in Alec's face would suggest he won't- or can't- say.
: "..."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 06, 2021, 12:20:05 am »

"I feel my head spinning...But I do remember something else, guess I am a Dullahan. Not sure what exactly what that means, but it is something."
"Apparently I was in an army-Even managed to become a general, but I have no idea what sort of feats got me such title. I can't even remember the name of the king and the queen..."
"Having a foggy memory is truly frustrating."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 06, 2021, 03:09:21 am »

"I suppose being old has the advantage of an ailing memory being a natural thing. Not having my memories doesn't bother me that much."

Well. There is a certain nagging irritation at remembering the name - or perhaps the place - 'Kovitz' but nothing else about it. Or anything previous to getting my throat inexpertly sliced as a youth.

He rubbed at his scar for a few moments, thinking.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 09, 2021, 07:09:38 pm »

"Ciera? The artifact, if you please. I should like to get it onto the converter."
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73