Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 53408 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2019, 07:23:34 pm »

The green-coated man followed reluctantly. At the very least, he was willing to take up his host's hospitality for the given moment, but his movements were tense, and his face remained clouded. As he peered over the balcony at the gathering forces beyond, his jaw slowly opened, and he took a couple steps back.
: "...Listen, I don't know what kind of nightmare you decided to pull me into, but I think you might need to rethink your definition of 'capable warrior'. Your selection process may have been a bit flawed if I'm among the best you could turn up."
His gaze turned aside again, face flexing in frustration.
: "...Was I..? No... That's... not right."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2019, 07:25:38 pm »

Otiros glanced at the other stranger waking up, simply waving a hand at him in response to his confusion.
"Take your time, we don't know each other either. If we did meet before, those memories aren't currently in our heads."
With Fridhelm speaking up again, the armored figure focused his attention on his explanation instead, soon following to see how grave this situation was. He wasn't exactly happy with what he was staring at.
"This is truly a gruesome sight."
"Are you sure this barrier will be able to hold for weeks? While it would be nice to get enough time to form a proper plan, it seems we might not have the time to do so."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2019, 07:29:30 pm »

: "I don't want to be pessimistic, but they have a point Sir Friedman. Even if each of us is a champion at arms or a master of magic, that's an entire army out there. I think you should run that Ritual of yours a few more times, at least bolster the number of defenders."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2019, 07:30:41 pm »

Friedhelm ushered the group back inside, and led them back the way they came, not stopping this time in the room with the beds. "The barrier has not seen use in thousands of years, so I can only make assumptions based on the records that are available to me. There are signs to be noted when the shield is weakening, and, as of yet, they are not present. But in terms of your strength relative to the force outside the gates... As the situation stands, I could not hope to defeat them with one hundred of you, let alone eleven. But I have a plan." The group was directed through several more rooms, until they came into a large chamber with a crystal clear glass ceiling. It set the room awash in the same sickening green tinge, but there was a second source. A great stone archway, filled with shimmering green energy. "This is the Nexus itself. It is an access point to an energy field that links all worlds. This is what the War Breaker, the leader of the force besieging our gates, seeks. With it, he aims to conquer all realities, to rule them as he sees fit. We cannot, and must not allow this."

“Our role at the Nexus is... Was one of observers. We peer through the Nexus, without traveling through it, to observe other worlds. Their inventions, their science, their magic, their philosophy, and we put it to use in our own society. And among the things we’ve discovered is a method to bestow incredible power on singular beings of great skill and power. I aim to use this method to empower each of you. Unfortunately, it requires resources we don’t have. Magical artifacts of great strength. Currently, almost all of our magical power is devoted to the maintenance of the barrier. So I will need to dispatch you to retrieve suitable artifacts, so that I may transform them into catalysts for the power you need. It will be dangerous. Such items are seldom unguarded. But I am confident in the spell I used to bring you here. I know you can do it.”

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2019, 07:33:28 pm »

"...That makes sense. If great magic could call us here then perhaps another form of great magic could empower us to defeat this War Breaker. And I can't say I like the idea of someone calling himself that ruling all possibilities."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 07:34:49 pm »

"...So we'll gain more power? Well that serves everyones interests."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2019, 07:35:44 pm »

As Gregor followed along and listened to the Guardian's explanation of their purpose, a terrible idea began to take shape in his mind. As the bearded man mentioned more world hopping, Gregor couldn't keep it to himself any longer.

: "Whoa, whoa! Hold on a moment."

: "We've already lost our memories once, and frankly I'd rather not repeat that. If we go hopping around different worlds and coming back here over and over again, won't we keep waking up with no recollections?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2019, 07:38:19 pm »

The green-coated man beheld the architecture with only a brief degree of interest, before turning his attention back to the group. He seemed about to raise a concern, or several, until Gregor had spoken up. Once he does, the stranger simply folds his arms, his gaze evaluating the guardian intensely.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2019, 07:39:35 pm »

Friedhelm shook his head. "You don't need to be concerned about that. The method that brought you here is separate from how the Nexus functions. In fact, the Nexus was not a factor in your arrival. Travelling through it may be a disquieting experience, by ancient accounts, but it will not harm you in any way. Your memories will not be muddled further."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2019, 07:42:25 pm »

Magic always had to be complicated, didn't it? Well, at least the man hadn't ignored the question. That was probably a good sign, right?

: "I guess we'll have to take your word for it."

: After all, if he's lying we won't remember it anyway.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2019, 07:43:42 pm »

The stranger tapped his finger as his arms remained crossed.
: "...You'll have to forgive me for the broadside of questions I will in due time unload on you, but first: Why us, exactly? Did this earlier method of yours just happen to seek out those prone to memory problems?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2019, 07:43:59 pm »

Catherine very much wished she had a notebook. Multiple worlds. She didn't even remember her own, but the idea of many was a very interesting thought indeed. She would have to make records at the earliest convenience. 

"Multiple worlds... incredible power... well, that's certainly a very interesting prospect, at least for defending this place and whatever worlds we come from." The idle academic curiosity had transitioned to a sort of quiet determination. She wasn't a boastful sort. She would be calling herself a great hero no matter what she remembered later or what the Guardian said. But she would certainly try to protect whatever world she had come from. "These... objects, items, artifacts that grant power. Are they related to this... world between, I suppose? Or are they simply advancements by the various worlds independently?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2019, 07:51:52 pm »

"That is a lot of information to shove in our heads, with a lot more of questions too. For example...WHO created the Nexus? Because this probably would have be avoided by not creating something so dangerous."
"Also isn't it a bit...Odd to be visiting other worlds and basically stealing their knowledge and technology? Because I don't classify using what you learn as just 'observing' a world."
Otiros crossed his arm and briefly glanced to the side when the other armored man spoke up.
"He does bring a good point, it isn't like we know how these portals work. So won't there be a chance we will just keep losing our memories over and over?"
The answer they received wasn't exactly the one he was hoping for, but then again...This was a whole different world, it wasn't like he could question how world-jumping worked, plus his knowledge related to magic was zero-Or at least in this specific moment it felt like zero. But it really didn't matter right now, this world was in danger, AND was going to threaten all other worlds, including his own, so he was going to stop questioning the situation they were in for now.
"Well...We probably should get to work then, if this barrier is on a timer."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2019, 07:57:10 pm »

The stranger tapped his finger as his arms remained crossed.
: "...You'll have to forgive me for the broadside of questions I will in due time unload on you, but first: Why us, exactly? Did this earlier method of yours just happen to seek out those prone to memory problems?"

"I didn't have the luxury of hand selecting you. The ritual that I used did that for me. It would take quite a long time to explain, and frankly not all the principles of it are clear even to me, but what matters is that it brought me those who would be sympathetic to my cause, as strong as it could, and as many as it could. Unfortunately, it produces a side effect of memory loss on those it brings to the caster... But, at least, the records of the ritual's previous use indicate that the memories of all the subjects returns over time."

"Multiple worlds... incredible power... well, that's certainly a very interesting prospect, at least for defending this place and whatever worlds we come from." The idle academic curiosity had transitioned to a sort of quiet determination. She wasn't a boastful sort. She would be calling herself a great hero no matter what she remembered later or what the Guardian said. But she would certainly try to protect whatever world she had come from. "These... objects, items, artifacts that grant power. Are they related to this... world between, I suppose? Or are they simply advancements by the various worlds independently?"

Friedhelm grimaced. "No, the items I intend for you to retrieve rightfully belong to the worlds which I will send you to. In a very real sense, you will be pillaging these worlds. In truth, the laws of my world dictate that the course of action we are to undertake is extremely taboo. But the alternative is to allow that dictator to take control over all of creation through bloody conquest. I will not stand aside for it.” Friedhelm reached into a pocket, and withdrew a pale white crystal. "This is a gemstone that I've enchanted such that it will respond to the artifacts that I've scouted. In their vicinity, this gem will glow brightly red, and ever brighter as it draws nearer. Once you have secured the item, I will recall you, that you may take what rest you need before you go in search of the next."

"That is a lot of information to shove in our heads, with a lot more of questions too. For example...WHO created the Nexus? Because this probably would have be avoided by not creating something so dangerous."
"Also isn't it a bit...Odd to be visiting other worlds and basically stealing their knowledge and technology? Because I don't classify using what you learn as just 'observing' a world."

"Perhaps you are right in that it ought not to exist. But the Nexus has been here since before we began keeping records. We have no way of knowing who made it, or for what purpose. We do not visit other worlds, only observe. Copy open pages of books, observe court, listen to recounted histories and debates, et cetera. We learned very early that the circumstances of the world we are currently on to be quite precarious. For our own survival, it has been imperative that we use what could be learned from others to secure a future for ourselves. I admit, there was a time when we would physically travel through the Nexus to take what we needed from other worlds, but that time has been behind us for centuries. Was behind us."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2019, 08:07:12 pm »

Almost reflexively, as the guardian spoke, the stranger reached behind him to grasp at something- but ultimately his hand only found air.
: "Damn... But, why did I just..?"
He shakes his head and looks back to the guardian.
: "I... don't suppose I came with something to write in?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 73