Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73

Author Topic: Legacy FEF IC Thread  (Read 52643 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Legacy FEF IC Thread
« on: September 26, 2019, 07:54:47 am »

~Legacy FEF~

OOC Thread is here.

Upon the tidally locked planet of Centralia, there exists a city of the same name. That city burns now, overrun by man and monster. These forces are under the command of a man who calls himself the War Breaker, a powerful wizard who is capable of using advanced magic to tear open magical portals. These portals allow himself and his forces to move from one world to the next, subjugating their people and establishing the rule of the War Breaker on every plane of existence. The city of Centralia is special however.

Centralia is built around a mighty temple, in which only a few are permitted. Those few are named Guardians, and what they guard is the Nexus. An ancient and mysterious device that allows one to scry upon other worlds and times, for those who know how to operate it. Since ancient times, using the Nexus to travel between worlds and times has been forbidden, and any who would seek to use it for such a purpose would be killed or banished.

But now, nearly all the Guardians have been slain in its defense. A great magical barrier prevents the approach of the remainder of the War Breaker’s forces, but it will not last forever. And when it falls, the War Breaker will be able to move to any world with his wicked army, and all worlds will be steeped in blood. Blood that, were I not to act, would be upon my hands.

The Nexus is under siege. I am the last survivor. My friends and colleagues fell to the might of the Conqueror while I alone survived. But for the sake of all worlds, I cannot allow the Nexus to fall. I… know that what I am about to do is forbidden. Wrong. But I must. This ritual will call forth warriors and heroes to fight by my side, to slay the Conqueror and restore peace. The nature of the ritual does ensure that they will not begrudge me this. But will I be able to forgive myself for doing what must be done?

Enough. I cannot waste what time I have. I must begin.

In a harshly lit room of polished marble, eleven heroes lay upon soft beds, slowly waking, one by one. They are unarmed, for now, and each of their heads are in a deep fog, barely able to think. Their names, that they can recall, but little else. At the far end of the room, a man sits in a simple but beautiful wooden chair, observing them. A book sits beside him, likely set down as those before him began to stir.

As one of them turns their eyes upon them, he swallows hard, and speaks. “Greetings, warrior. Are you able to stand? I, and every world, must ask you to offer your strength unto me.”

Everyone is in!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy FEF IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 08:09:03 am »

Catherine Hirana woke up, and immediately started taking stock of the situation without apparently noticing the man. She remembered her name. She remembered... mostly implicit memory, she figured; things like what things were, language, and so on. Her explicit memory was essentially nill. That was not normal. She assumed, at least, considering she couldn't really remember if it was normal or not. She then checked if she had anything on her - the clothes on her back. Her glasses. That was about it. She looked around - ten more people waking up, in addition to the man who had spoken. Well then. The man seemed to know something more, so she followed that - she stood up, and turned to the man.

"Yes, I can stand. What do you mean, offer my strength?" she said simply. She remembered her various skills with magic, she was fairly certain. She didn't remember how she'd learned, but what she had learned was still present. Good.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 08:13:59 am »

"The full explanation will take some time, but to be brief... I am in need of powerful warriors to defend all wo-" He stopped short. "Actually, even this much may be too much. Tell me, are you well? How is your memory? Do you know where you are? Where you're from?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:47:48 am »

The Donnar were a mighty tribe, one of the mightest of Jaiep. They were talented hunters, masters of tracking, and the Ravens of the Donnar, the great shamans who saw the tribe's hunts become successful through masterful divination were the greatest and most celebrated of the tribe's members. Among the greatest was Pwyll, son of Lleu, son of Gwydion, and the only Raven greater still than him was Branwen, his daughter, and the woman who had helped save Jaiep and the other worlds of Tardore from an otherwise inevitable doom, even reclaiming the lost world of Cor and its people from their spectral half-life.

By all rights, Branwen ap Pwyll deserved a dignified entry. She alone of the heroes gathered, perhaps, could lay claim to having saved multiple worlds, not just her own. She alone could claim to have ridden Cliona, her faithful giant raven, upon the waves of Jaiep's oceans, the icy peaks of Tangur, the verdant rainforests of Ssistyl. She alone could claim to have saved an entire world, an entire planet from the folly of the worlds around them.

By all rights, Branwen ap Pwyll did not receive a dignified entry.
The shaman woke up, sprawled on the bed in a decidedly undignified manner, groaning. She wrenches herself to her feet, her head pounding, the strength seemingly sapped from her bones. She felt nothing but the clothes on her back, the memory of something held in her hands rapidly fading from her mind's eye like a dying candle's flickering light.

And she knew nothing.

"This.....this isn't home."
"And yet I can't remember what home is."

The bearded man speaks. She recognises the attire as foreign, not of her home, but the question was what was home? The others too were foreign. She didn't recognise any one of them, not that she was sure she could given she couldn't remember a damn thing.

"Did you bring us here?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:53:13 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 08:52:35 am »

Otiros rubbed the back of his helmet in pure confusion when he noticed he was slumbering on a completely different place and bed. When he tapped the side of the bed trying to reach for his crossbow..There was nothing, this was truly odd-What was he even doing before he ended up there? Slowly he sat on the bed and glanced around to examine his odd surroundings before fully turning his attention to the stranger directing his other towards him and the other unknown figures.
"I feel...Dizzy. Where are we? What is this place?"
The armored figure stood up and tapped his armor a few times, not even understanding WHY he was slumbering already geared up in the first place.
"...I have no idea what is this place, or where I am from. And the more I think about it, the more concerned I grow. What is going on?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 08:56:45 am »

He turns to Branwen and Otiros. "Yes, I am responsible for you being here. And for that, I am sorry, but I have no other options. This place is besieged, and it must not fall. That is why each of you is here at my call."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 09:04:48 am »

"Does that mean you also wiped our memory when you dragged us here? I can't remember where I used to live."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 09:06:20 am »

Besieged? That meant danger. The shaman kicks herself mentally for even taking so long to think of that; her mind was foggy, far too foggy for her liking. Branwen was groggy; she was sure this man had something to do with it.

She wanted answers.

"Besieged? By what? How did you bring us here? What did you do to my mind? Who are these people?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 09:08:39 am »

"So far as I can tell, yes, I am physically quite well. I cannot say the same for my memory however; I remember my name. As far as details of my life go, that's all, although I can make some educated guesses based on what I do know."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 09:20:49 am »

"The function of the ritual that I used, unfortunately, does not preserve the memories of the target. Though according to first hand accounts of the previous casting, your memories should return over time."

"The people around you, and you yourself, are great and powerful warriors. Each called from across worlds to aid me in my darkest hour. We are under siege from a massive number of foes. And we have precious little time to make ready before they are able to attack this temple properly. We must make preparations with haste."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 09:29:04 am »

"...This brings a LOT of new questions. Such as...Why did you have to bring us here in the first place? Don't you have your own troops to defend your kingdom?"
"And I do feel a bit...Weak, is this also a consequence of your magic?"
At this point he was concerned that him and those other people were being dragged in the middle of a war in a state they really couldn't fight properly. But then again, it wasn't like they had an option there now, was it?
"I take it you are at least willing to provide us with weapons?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 09:38:56 am »

The man looked down at the floor. "We have some automatons, but... I am the only guardian of the Nexus who remains. Without you, I have no chance." At the subject of weapons, he seemed to grow more confident. "Yes! I can, of course, arm you. Though I'm afraid what I have available is not particularly exotic... But I'm sure there will be weapons that you can use easily. Medicines as well."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 09:51:13 am »

"What do we know about our enemies? How long do we have?"
Branwen needed to know as much as possible. She didn't remember very much, but fighting, that felt natural, that felt like something she could do.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 10:09:44 am »

"This is a very odd situation to be in then. I do hope the weapons you have to offer are enough for this job. If this foe of yours is strong enough to wipe your defenses, basic equipment won't be enough."
"...A crossbow, yes, that's what I will be needing."
Even if he couldn't remember about his own home, he knew for a fact this was the kind of weapon he used for fighting.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 10:21:27 am »

"I think we should have a few weeks. Maybe longer. Maybe shorter. It might be easiest for me to show you all, when you're each ready to move, what it is we're up against."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73