Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: URTUK: THE DESOLATION  (Read 2952 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: URTUK: THE DESOLATION
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 09:08:39 pm »

Iīm finding thatīs what your goal should be, in general. I mean, if you can throw someone into a deathpit without too much trouble so much for the better, but I find that the AI is generally able to avoid suiciding its own characters that way, so you canīt really expect them to fall into that kind of trap. Flanks, and assists, however, are far more viable. And that means that you can exploit your critical-only mutagens much more easily as well.

I stumbled upon an extra war monk, and I have one set up with bleed-on-crit and heal-on-hit-bleeder. Weīll see how that works out.

I'm finding my warmonk is occupying a kind of weird niche-- its super mobility allows it to take the short way in during village assaults, but in return, I have to pump its defenses so it can survive. I took care of that with a combo that ended up developing kind of organically: Speed-when-hit, heal-on-focus, heal-on-kill, and focus:aegis. The end result is that he gets a lot of extra turns (I'm up to 13 speed per hit... and got poison immunity along the way, thank bloody goodness; that hits stupidly hard), so he manages to keep the targets around him semi-slowed with his hammer's -Speed, and those extra turns funnel into faster focus generation, and when it's maxed, he gets a heal and a block for the next hit. And when he manages to kill something, even more healing!... this is all assuming that he can't toss somebody off a cliff though. (Corollary to the previous: +Speed effects are WAY more valuable than AGI, other than for stamina breakpoints, far as I can tell.)

The AI is kind of annoyingly prudent about not walking into deathtraps, so you're mostly relying on spawns or guardian shoves for that... I know at least a few classes get pulls, which would be so much more useful, but I haven't gotten any of them yet.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: URTUK: THE DESOLATION
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 05:06:05 pm »

Iīve found another neat trick. THe starting retaliation critical thing is great when paired with your starting guardian.

The idea is to use it alongside critical trigger things (eg: bleeding on crit), a tank (preferibily a soldier because of taunt), and your guardian. This thing wrecks people attacking you.

My starting combo these days is priest (Iīm finding that while one lifesteal is lacklustre, two lifesteals will bring your wounded chars back to order fairly quickly), guardian (for the forementioned trick), and monk (because heīs good for arranging ambushes).
I start with the retailacrit thing on my monk but move it to whichever tank I get first as soon as heīs available. The monk works better alongside assasin, berserker or bloodknight to trigger for crits. In a pinch he can crit alongside any character. But he shouldnīt be tanking in principle, as other characters are better at that. (soldier, berserker, footman. Guardian in a pinch but Iīd rather use my guardians as support)

I dont know if the block-crit thing works with two guardians blocking each other. THat one might be interesting, if very expensive stamina wise. Iīm having to boost my soldierīs stamina in order to have him retaliate reliably.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2]