Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (-47.xx-) Miscellaneous Video Games Mod! (0.4)  (Read 12438 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
(-47.xx-) Miscellaneous Video Games Mod! (0.4)
« on: September 29, 2019, 06:24:14 pm »

Adds in six races from video games, with the majority half from Minecraft as of the time of writing, a couple critters, a metal and a gemstone. These civs are:

Villagers: Everyone's favorite bald traders from Minecraft. They arrive to trade in the winter, and have iron golems they can use against you, should you raid them. And hopefully, if I didn't screw up, you can buy the iron golems from them. They now have figured out the art of advanced smithing and have developed Testifium, a mystical alloy of iron and special emeralds, that the Villagers use for only weapons and ammunition. It's a little denser than iron, a bit more resistant to heat, and twice as sharp.

Illagers: The gray-skinned outcast villagers we all know and may hate. They may invade relatively well-off fortresses at any season, and they bring ravagers, their weird cow mounts, during raids. However, there is a chance peace may be achieved, in which they'll be your source for evil animals. Illagers also have an Evokerblood caste that summons in Vexes.

Piglins: Denizens of the Nether who were actually introduced a day ago or so, at the time of writing. They are early-game thieves who come about in summer and winter, who can also ambush and besiege the fortresses. They have Hoglins, one of their primary sources of food as pets.

Miis: Somewhat short and cheerful abstract humanoids who live practically anywhere. They come to early forts to trade in the summer and they bare many kinds of animals. In Adventure mode, they're the perfect size to wear both human-size (70k) and dwarf/goblin/elf-size (60k) armor.

Fighting Polygons: Human-sized crystalline warriors who once took many forms, but have now stabilized into their current form. They'll show up to well off forts to either trade or try and pick fights in winter. They learn the ways of melee combat, as well as unarmed combat skills, much faster than other races, so they make for excellent combat-oriented adventurers.

Pac-People: Round yellow people with large mouths. They'll show up to decently sized forts in the spring, bearing similar goods to humans, in case you'd prefer shipments of metals over elvish wooden goods. Nothing to quite write home about in adventure mode (yet.)

FUTURE RACES:
*EarthBound's Tenda, complete with tamed dinosaurs!
*The inferior counterparts to the Miis, the Xbox Avatars!   

CANIDIDATES FOR FUTURE RACES:
*The little guys from Patapon, maybe?
*The Echidnas from Sonic? (Game-based, not Archie-based, and significantly more Knuckles Clan than Nocturnus Clan)

CHANGELOG
0.4: Fighting Polygons and Pac-People civs added, Villagers gained Testifium, wild folk have begun implementation with Dream Penguins (Dedede's folk), a couple Subspace themed creatures have been added to evil biomes, blocky emeralds added to the underground.
0.3: Miscellaneous Video Game Civs is now compatible with the Villains update. an "Evokerblood" caste has added to Illagers.
0.2: Miis got some vaguely Miitopia inspired weapons, and Piglin Beasts have been renamed to Hoglins!
0.1: Initial release!

PLANS
*Make Pac-People be able to sense ghostly figures and more dark themed creatures.

CREDITS
*Toady One and Threetoe/Tarn and Zach Adams for making Dwarf Fortress.
*Nintendo for the Miis, Fighting Polygons, King Dedede, and the Subspace creatures!
*Mojang (and technically Microsoft) for the Villagers, Illagers, and Piglins, as well as mobs associated with them.
*Namco Bandai for the Pac-People!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:17:51 pm by Asin »

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
Re: (-44.xx-) Miscellaneous Video Games Civs Mod!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:15:32 am »

This is the mod I didn’t know I would need. Seriously, what other mod allows you to literally play as Matt from the Wii Sports.

Seriously though, keep it up Asin!  :D
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 10:18:21 pm »

This is the mod I didn’t know I would need. Seriously, what other mod allows you to literally play as Matt from the Wii Sports.

Seriously though, keep it up Asin!  :D

Thanks for the compliment, man!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:02 pm »

Anyway, any sort of things you would like to see added or what not to these four civs?

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 06:50:58 am »

Anyway, any sort of things you would like to see added or what not to these four civs?
This is probably a bit minor but would it be possible to make an emerald-like metal and have it so only Villagers (and maybe Illagers) would be able to create it? Maybe even make it one of their currency metals.
Also Miis with sports equipment for weapons. Yes.

If you are looking for ideas for new civs I had an idea for a Animal Crossing-esc one, with different castes for each animal, each with different personalities, and the ‘monarch’ of it being a human Mayor who has complete, utter control.
My Mods:

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 09:00:27 am »

My suggestion for additions; more civilizations (and maybe creatures) from games and series too small to really see their own overhaul mod! But thats just my suggestion idea.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:05:41 am »

My suggestion for additions; more civilizations (and maybe creatures) from games and series too small to really see their own overhaul mod! But thats just my suggestion idea.

Any examples?

This is probably a bit minor but would it be possible to make an emerald-like metal and have it so only Villagers (and maybe Illagers) would be able to create it? Maybe even make it one of their currency metals.

If you are looking for ideas for new civs I had an idea for a Animal Crossing-esc one, with different castes for each animal, each with different personalities, and the ‘monarch’ of it being a human Mayor who has complete, utter control.

I suppose I could do an emerald like metal the Villagers somehow managed to make.

Miis with sports equipment, eh? What sorts of sports equipment would make for a good weapon?

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 09:50:37 am »

I suppose I could do an emerald like metal the Villagers somehow managed to make.

Miis with sports equipment, eh? What sorts of sports equipment would make for a good weapon?
Bats, maybe a tennis racket ‘launcher’ weapon that lets Miis fire tennis balls at their enemies, cricket bat maybe, boxing gloves as a ‘striker’ weapon, golf clubs, hockey sticks, basketballs as a throwing weapon, a canoe paddle, bowling balls as another “””””””””””””throwing“”””””””””””” weapon.

That’s all I could think of off the top of my head.

Oh, protective gear like football helmets, baseball helmets, cleats, shoulder pads, catchers mask and vest as armor.
My Mods:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 11:59:39 am »

Bats, maybe a tennis racket ‘launcher’ weapon that lets Miis fire tennis balls at their enemies, cricket bat maybe, boxing gloves as a ‘striker’ weapon, golf clubs, hockey sticks, basketballs as a throwing weapon, a canoe paddle, bowling balls as another “””””””””””””throwing“”””””””””””” weapon.

That’s all I could think of off the top of my head.

Oh, protective gear like football helmets, baseball helmets, cleats, shoulder pads, catchers mask and vest as armor.

That could work out, I think. I may also add in some weapons inspired by Miitopia to an extent for the Miis

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 12:18:14 pm »

Man, I didn't even think about MiiTopia. That'll be a goldmine of items for sure!
Honestly, any Mii game could bring fun ideas to mind.
My Mods:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 06:50:52 pm »

We got an update!

0.2: Miis got some vaguely Miitopia inspired weapons, and Piglin Beasts have been renamed to Hoglins!

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 10:51:20 pm »

We got an update!

Sweet!
My Mods:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 09:51:47 pm »

Just sent up a poll!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 05:49:59 pm »

Hello again. So... Besides the potential of adding in a Smash themed civ, is there anything else you guys would like?
Pages: [1] 2