Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Orchestra to play Dwarf Fortress generated music  (Read 7379 times)

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
Re: Orchestra to play Dwarf Fortress generated music
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 02:27:06 am »

A bit of thread necromancy here, but this appears to be the music in question (It is unfortunately not a live recording).

The notes are a story of sorts that follows along, song by song, which you can read here: https://wmgso.org/fall-2018-zavazsil-notes

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 04:15:58 am »

Thanks for the links  :D I had quick listen and it sounds pretty cool. I'll listen (and read) properly later.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 09:37:40 am »

Darn, that's pretty well done!
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 09:47:15 am »

Yes, thank you very much for the links. I will never think of goblin war bands the same again!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 05:21:14 pm »

This is extremely cool. Thanks.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

FrankVill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 04:51:44 pm »

How wonderful! I had been waited to listen what kind of songs could be. I was frightened, I did not expect what they could sound good.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 11:55:19 pm »

Wow, these all sound amazing! I love it!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »

This is good stuff! "The Feed and Silk" is putting me in a "raid the goblins" mood.

musicmastermsh

• Bay Watcher
  • likes procedurally generated music
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 10:22:35 am »

Hello!

The composer here - thanks for the listens!

Unfortunately, the recordings I took of that concert last year didn't come out very well. The concert hall wasn't well configured for a live recording, and so it's really hard to make out most of what's going on. It doesn't sound half as good as the MIDI previews I posted to Soundcloud.

With a little luck, there will be more life to Songs of Zavazsil and hopefully a better recording as well. If I do get anywhere with it, I'll be sure to post about it here and on Reddit!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2019, 10:34:29 pm »

Hello!

The composer here - thanks for the listens!

Unfortunately, the recordings I took of that concert last year didn't come out very well. The concert hall wasn't well configured for a live recording, and so it's really hard to make out most of what's going on. It doesn't sound half as good as the MIDI previews I posted to Soundcloud.

With a little luck, there will be more life to Songs of Zavazsil and hopefully a better recording as well. If I do get anywhere with it, I'll be sure to post about it here and on Reddit!

Oh crap, the composer's here! Awesome stuff, dude. We, as a community, applaud you.
Pages: 1 [2]