Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be the most powerful weapon-grade elven material?

Just wood with some tweak (blessed, runed, poisoned, etc)
- 0 (0%)
A special bone-made metal-like material
- 0 (0%)
Fancy glass
- 0 (0%)
A special native elven metal
- 0 (0%)
Standard vanilla metal, obtained in some magical/alchemical/hippie way
- 0 (0%)
Rough gems
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 30, 2019, 02:06:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [WIP] Elven Forest - !!RESTARTED!!  (Read 22112 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Elven Forest - !!RESTARTED!!
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2020, 04:20:49 pm »

I've been meaning to try to add a new tree to make elves more competitive. Something like Ironwood that would just be tougher and stronger and able to be sharpened to the point of being on par with iron or steel. I haven't really thought through the details but I thought it might be something that would fit in with this mod since I noticed you asking about mythril and (while browsing quickly) nothing about improved types of wood instead. 

Mod looks cool, I look forward to trying it.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2020, 02:15:28 pm »

I've been meaning to try to add a new tree to make elves more competitive. Something like Ironwood that would just be tougher and stronger and able to be sharpened to the point of being on par with iron or steel. I haven't really thought through the details but I thought it might be something that would fit in with this mod since I noticed you asking about mythril and (while browsing quickly) nothing about improved types of wood instead. 

Mod looks cool, I look forward to trying it.
Forging stronger material is dwarven way to improve military. Elves have no material stronger than wood, but they have powerful trained beasts.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2021, 05:34:33 pm »

Elves can make poisoned weapons, like in https://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/story/tt_forest_befouled.html But that was traitor elf;s invention. Blessed wood may be too. But I only found blessed bark of live tree, not wooden swords. So, poisoning of weapons is preferable way of improving.

Please, upload your mod, even if unfinished!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]