Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A B12 shitposter horribly plays X-Division for the hell of it: Part whatever  (Read 5977 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

The forum page for the X-Division mod for Xenonauts, contains download link and a quick refresher on what the fuck this mod is

Quote from: The forum thread's mini lore for the mod, word for word
We are in the sky

We are on the ground

We are a paramilitary organisation ...

We have the best of the best - with some personal issues here and there. Real characters as you say nowadays ...

We do everything, from stealing to protecting transports, smuggleing weapons for those who can pay for it. We destroy organisations if the price is right and provide safe routes from A to B, even through hell if it has to be ...

Sometimes we also do some good guy stuff, but dont ask for it, except you can put enough money on the table ...

Our people are unhonorable discharged veterans or geniuses who dont feel quite valued in their former organisation. Some average guys as well who are attracted to the way we do things ... but honestly they have to be a bit crazy to be hanging around those guys ... say us ... ... everybodys a bit crazy here ...

We have been hired by some wealthy individuals who think we can save the earth and believe in our methods. This group has put their faith in us ... and most importantly, their money.

I guess it is time to do some good guy stuff again !

Whats my spleen ? World Domination ! Everybody ought to have a goal, no ? But if these aliens do as they please there will be nothing left to rule over.

What is yours, commander ?

X-Division is the long war of Xenonauts mods; huge, a shit ton of extra content, and hard as fuck.

Out of my personal masochism, I've decided to play the mod with minimal oldcom experience. I've played a few runs of the mod (on NG, the EASIEST difficulty), but those didn't last far before the saves got fucked over by Bullshittm like all the non-shit potential recruits (everyone with all stats at 40 or higher) being either dead after a few missions (gotta have the "That's XCOM baby!" factor), or not being in the potential new recruits pool when I need replacements, or the fact that my first run of the decade ended badly when I wasn't getting desired results from autoresolving air battles since I suck at the airgame a fucking lot, as if the fact that I didn't get fucking BETTER GUNS until two months in didn't already kill me mentally.

But here we fucking go. Now with my ramblings and commentary about oldcom long war being posted on some forum site on the internet, for reasons unknown to even me.

Warning: Stale memes ahead.

I'm going to start a new run on NG difficulty as that's the easiest one in the mod, and the one that I'm least likely to get buttfucked in. I do wish Xenonauts had separate difficulty levels for the tactical layer, the strategic layer, and the airgame, as my levels of profiency in those parts of the game are skilled first to last in that order.

I will usually only take screenshots of stuff worth noting, minor stuff which I don't deem reader-worthy won't get screenshotted.

Spoiler: Update 1 (click to show/hide)

If you want to get a redshirt named after you, just post in the thread and tell me what you want your redshirt to be named if you don't want me to assume that you'll have your redshirt named after your forum username. Optionally, you can also request what you want your soldier to be, and what role/equipment he/she has, and I'll try to fufill those requests. Unless I decide that your death was bullshit, you will only get redshirted once.

Bay12 Redshirt Tracker:
Yoink - Alive (Assault)
NickAragua - Alive (Rifleman)
Iduno - DEAD
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:13:54 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't believe how much better x-com's pixelated graphics look. I also can't forget how much the air minigame was an annoying addition to the game that you really had to be good at.

Please give me a character with good bravery and reaction so I can bravely gun down aliums on their turn waste ammo on reaction shots.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Old Mate the expendable Australian, reporting for duty!
Preferably armed with a shotgun, rubber sandal or rolled-up newspaper, but I'm not too fussed hey.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NickAragua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Another day, another fucking update.

Iduno, Yoink, and Nick have gotten redshirts named after them.
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

it's over

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are those giant alien whatevers half invisible? And also there's a purple force wall inside that house? I assume those are both related.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

How is the enemy AI in this mod ?

I remember how massively disapointed i was when i got the free gog Xenonaut.
The enemy that were in their ships were never trying to get to you and were staying in their ships from the start to the end of a mission, while those that were spawned in town were either nearlystatic with random back&forth moves or moving staying out of your weapons reach instead of trying to actively assault your position, making "look for the random enemy stuck somewhere" missions not only boring but way too long due to how huge the maps are.

I heard some mods have enhanced AI , but i wonder if by enhanced it means they're actually aggressive (like they were several Xenonaut patch before they decided to tone down a lot their aggressivity) or if it's just that they calculate your view range and only attack from out of it.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

Why are those giant alien whatevers half invisible? And also there's a purple force wall inside that house? I assume those are both related.
1: What giant alien whatevers
2: That purple gas is stun gas. It deals stun damage to any non-mechanical unit inside it. It's mainly useful for capturing ayyliens.

How is the enemy AI in this mod ?
-snip-
I think it's better, but take that with a grain of salt.

Update coming soontm in valve time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:07:20 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

fuck this shit i'm out
it's over

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

RIP.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2: That purple gas is stun gas. It deals stun damage to any non-mechanical unit inside it. It's mainly useful for capturing ayyliens.

On the right side of the picture, there's a metal roof. I'm asking about the half-invisible reddish thing inside. Looks like a bunch of tubes or something?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile

On the right side of the picture, there's a metal roof. I'm asking about the half-invisible reddish thing inside. Looks like a bunch of tubes or something?
That's a destroyed tractor. Destructible terrain is a thing in this game.
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?