Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Game Finished! Mutual Flagellatio Victorious!  (Read 39495 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 04 - Replacement Found for Murder Mountain
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2019, 09:08:31 pm »

I've noticed that I've had to extend the hosting period by a few hours consistently for the past few turns. Is it worth extending the hosting period even more without much warfare going on in the world?

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2019, 09:44:01 am »

Anyone who has spare air gems and wants some spiffy new reinvigorating and magic resistant robes should get in contact with me.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2019, 03:26:35 am »

I've noticed that I've had to extend the hosting period by a few hours consistently for the past few turns. Is it worth extending the hosting period even more without much warfare going on in the world?
As one of the people who keep lagging I can admit that the holidays are currently happening to me, battle or no battle.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2019, 02:22:54 pm »

No worries. I'll keep the hosting period as it is and bump things as needed. If things continue to drag after the holidays I'll extend the hosting period for sure.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2019, 07:13:40 am »

Are we ready to restart, or are we putting it on hold until after the new year celebrations?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2019, 04:39:46 pm »

Nice stale, dude! As if +100 hours is not enough.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2020, 05:23:25 pm »

I gotta say, Endymion, you're doing a stellar job, given what you were handed.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 04, 2020, 10:19:50 am »

I went into subbing with the goal of being better than, or at bare minimum different than, an AI. So in that goal at least I succeeded.

A decent amount of good RNG things have been going my way. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I'd take a Hashmal over a dozen Great Eagles, but last turn gave me the good roll and it essentially was a trade. (That said, in hindsight those eagles should not have been on attack rear in any case. Next time I summon some they're going directly onto guard commander like the good little siege engines they are. Just another lesson to throw into my primer on the proper use of birds.) Also, site searching has been going nicely as I backfill various off-brand magics in my safe land. (and as my neighbors helpfully backfill my off-brand magics in less-safe land.)

Although I did find one annoying run of bad luck doing this recent turn: I started looking at mobilizing some of my research mages and found out that I've been getting atrocious luck in terms of their random paths. As in only 2 of them landing the 20% chance I was primarily looking for.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 05, 2020, 01:25:37 pm »

Seriously, happery and a1s. Guys. Between the two of you we must have already lost close to a month in delays. If you don't want to play, then don't.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2020, 03:28:17 pm »

Seriously, happery and a1s. Guys. Between the two of you we must have already lost close to a month in delays. If you don't want to play, then don't.
I don't know what you're talking about. My turn was submitted a while ago, I have never actually asked for any extensions, and I only stalled recently because of new years. ???
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #265 on: January 05, 2020, 09:46:54 pm »

We did just go through the holiday season. The only reason I didn't need any extensions myself is because I don't have a life.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2020, 12:44:10 pm »

While myself and Phaecia prepare to blast each other to kingdom come, are everyone else warring with Marignon? It looks like he's going to win either way.  :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:49:00 pm by MCreeper »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2020, 12:57:23 pm »

I accidentally made peace with everyone that borders me at the moment so I am just sitting here like a lemon.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2020, 01:40:44 pm »

I accidentally made peace with everyone that borders me at the moment so I am just sitting here like a lemon.
Ok =/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rlyeh, what's up with not recapturing empty provinces and not preventing me from smashing your temples?

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2020, 12:37:16 am »

You're lucky that snake can swim. If you want, there is another false prophet just a couple of provinces north of you in dubros, the two of you could hang out. (I set one of my commanders to patrol for i-don't-know-why, and I end up losing a harassing deepstrike because ashdod can't keep his land free of heretics!)

Now may I draw everyone's attention to the hall of fame, where you can see a few interesting developments: At the top, our beloved arena champion Mortius can be seen having dropped his scythe... and probably the gladius and trident as well, I'm not sure. He got to enjoy his twiceborn proc when he got rout-killed. Personally, I suggest he stick to the adept researching from now on. Below that, behold the glory of 3 new Phaeacian heroes! 6 of the top 10 slots belong to my glorious defense.

Oh, and heres a fun fact for you all: communion slaves can take afflictions from the over-fatigue damage. While I only lost 2 of them outright, of the ones that survived one of them managed to lose an eye and their voice while they were having their life force get milked for magical power and trying to out-regen the damage. Lets not try to think of the horrible atrocities we commit in the name of... Oh, right, LORD DEATH OF MURDER MOUNTAIN.

Anywho, good fight there Creeper, glad to finally have a nice proper battle. I was trying to force it myself with an army movement towards your stack: the 4 weavers that sailed in from elsewhere were supposed to just be communion reinforcements, not a rout-kill attempt.

Final, unrelated development: With Ladon being busy fighting undead romans, my people have tossed a golden apple into my treasury. It can be eaten to take 10 years off of your age. I don't have any particular need for it, so its going up for sale/auction, I figure some of you must have a mage or two that would benefit from it. Hit me up with your bids. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20