Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves should "pack up" stockpile items if empty barrels/bins exist on that...  (Read 1798 times)

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

...particular stockpile.

This would make sure that stockpile is as compressed as it can possibly be and allow for better item organization (and better performance since it's known that items existing on map are contributing to low fps).
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They do.
Or at least they used to. Aren't they doing that any more?
Or maybe it's just some stockpiles they do it with. Food and rock they do for sure.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, I have a stockpile with several empty bins and barrels on them, yet there are several loose items in that stockpile. Even let my dwarves idle for a while so the hauling would pick up, but it never did. If they used to do this, then this is quite a serious regression when t comes to AI. Should be fixed.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then post a save at the bug tracker. This used to happen normally. What version are you playing?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just witnessed a dwarf do exactly this. Bunch of finished goods and one bin in the pile. He picked up pretty much everything in the pile, then dumped it all in the bin.

So this can be closed. Working as intended.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Nope, I have a stockpile with several empty bins and barrels on them, yet there are several loose items in that stockpile. Even let my dwarves idle for a while so the hauling would pick up, but it never did. If they used to do this, then this is quite a serious regression when t comes to AI. Should be fixed.
What kind of items? Are the items small enough to fit inside? (Stacks of meat or prepared meals can be too big to fit in barrels.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then post a save at the bug tracker. This used to happen normally. What version are you playing?

Meph tileset.