Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Questions regarding mayors/nobles, civilian uniforms, cooking ingredients, hair  (Read 2817 times)

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea WTF is going on here? The first 1 or 2 announcements zoomed to the very bottom of my site. As in, the lowest z-level that is even below the circus. The next couple of reports is of my dwarves inheriting the title of baron of some sites that are presumably within my civ.

Is this some weird bug or is there something I could have done to avoid this?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not unusual for dorfs to inherit positions at other sites, so that seems normal (and I believe the bug that caused them to spew mandates and demand rooms etc. in YOUR fortress has been fixed, which renders them rather harmless).

The default "null" coordinate in DF is (-30000, -30000, -30000), I believe, and it's likely the bug here is that DF doesn't disable zooming when a position points there.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's nothing yet about mandates, but they are clearly listed under [n] as requiring rooms.

Even if this BS about inheriting noble positions from other sites is WAI, it still doesn't explain the reports about Nil and Goden being appointed baroness and militia commander, respectively, since neither of those dwarves are even at my site.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's nothing yet about mandates, but they are clearly listed under [n] as requiring rooms.

Even if this BS about inheriting noble positions from other sites is WAI, it still doesn't explain the reports about Nil and Goden being appointed baroness and militia commander, respectively, since neither of those dwarves are even at my site.
And they're not out on a raid either (or possibly banished/retired to another site)?

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not unusual for dorfs to inherit positions at other sites, so that seems normal (and I believe the bug that caused them to spew mandates and demand rooms etc. in YOUR fortress has been fixed, which renders them rather harmless).

The bug with foreign nobles banning exports was fixed. To my knowledge foreign nobles still have room requirements. I think the "unimplemented detail" here is that the foreign nobles don't return to their proper site after inheriting the title. Sending them on a mission to recover or expand their holdings conveniently resolves the problem.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:21:58 pm by Loci »

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And they're not out on a raid either (or possibly banished/retired to another site)?

Nope. And I just had it happen in a new game as early as before, or shortly after, my first migrant wave. This time the alert was about someone being made expedition leader.

Sending them on a mission to recover or expand their holdings conveniently resolves the problem.

Sounds good, I'll try that if my other attempts at solving this don't work. So far I tried modding my entity by setting the number of landholder titles to 0. One possible effect of it is that the alert mentioned above was for an expedition leader and not a baron.
Pages: 1 [2]