Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Histories of Stars and Treachery (planning and interest check)  (Read 2161 times)

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Histories of Stars and Treachery (planning and interest check)
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2019, 10:49:22 am »

I also agree with Ghaz. A) is more simple for you, and gives some flexibility to the players.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:13 am »

Like I said, I was going to use Planetary Development Level to abstract away population and automation as a single number and not track population. But if that's confusing or too gamey:
I don't have a problem with using PDL. Indeed, I think abstracting population is a good move. The problem is that abstracted or not, the population can't grow (from a tiny base) quickly enough to get to the interesting bits before people lose interest.
So, yeah, I'd go with option A as well
Long Live United Forenia!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 11:03:18 am »

I will go with A too, since it will be easier for the GM, wouldn’t want to make things harder than needed. Cancel my previous B vote

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:18 am »

So... any word from OP? Will this see the light of day or not?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2019, 07:32:24 pm »

Buildings
Planets have Standard Industrial Slots, representing how many industries they can support and properly maintain. General, a planet gets one industry slot per PDL. In addition to these, there are Extra Industrial Slots, where particularly skillful and powerful people [players] may personally manage extra industries. Planets will generally be able to support half of their PDL as Extra Industries. Most players will only be able to build in extra slots. A governor may choose either, particularly useful if taxes inordinately benefits private industries. Industries may freely change which slot they use, if appropriate (such as when buying control of an industry).

Initially, players may control 1 private industry. This may go up with traits, but it is intended for most planets to have empty Extra Slots.

Governors may choose to deny Extra Industries, either before or immediately after they're built, granting a full refund. Closing them later is possible, but will likely create unrest.

If a planet's PDL drops, the governor will be forced to either scrap unsupported industries for a partial refund, or leave them disabled but continue to pay full maintenance. In the event of Extra Industries being closed, even from other players, the governor may choose to keep the refund for themselves.

Most buildings may be stacked.

Spoiler: buildings list (click to show/hide)

I might have over-done it with the industries, and might scrap the training industries entirely. Numbers subject to change after I decide on planet income levels.
Pages: 1 2 [3]