Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Space Cowboys for Hire [Month 7] (New Blood Welcome)  (Read 39720 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Space Cowboys for Hire (A PvE AR-like) [Turn 2]
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2019, 04:54:33 am »

Really good writing on this, even if it's nervewracking as all hell sometimes lmao. You really have a way of making it difficult to tell whether or not holes in operation are going to lead to bloody massacre or not until they're concluded.
Came to like Simon a lot in that reading, and Throckmorton was an interesting figure too.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2019, 07:24:00 am »

Damn, this is great, I'll probably read the rest.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2019, 04:16:27 am »

Mission Report Part (2/5)

Miles Notkin Bounty
Quote from: Mission Plan
"The Gator is a two seater, and you guys should probably stick together anyway.  Attempt to know your location and target using the internet. I'm less hopeful of actually finding anything about this guy, but it might tell us who his buddies are. The guy flew legal, he isn't exactly a criminal mastermind. Even if he tried scrubbing his social media there might be something left."

Two operators will chase a hot lead on a bounty, Miles Notkin, last seen in the town of Goodhaven.  Redbrick, having ingratiated himself with the town last month, will be the Team Leader.  A second operator, Hoxton, will support Redbrick.
Redbrick will exploit his ties to discreetly liase with Sheriff Wilder, asking for any intelligence on the bounty or further Sheriff Department resources the team could use.  Assuming no hot intelligence, the team should discreetly investigate local boarding houses and watering holes, asking about any new folk in town.  If no further hot intelligence, the team provide the Miles Notkin's name and photo to the Sheriff Department for wanted posters, hoping that a public manhunt will get results.
If Miles Notkin is located but refuses to surrender, the team should contact the Sheriff Department to cordon the hideout.  If the bounty still refuses to surrender, Redbrick should then use Semtex and his expertise to flush him out.
Given our law enforcement affiliation with Goodhaven, the team should have no issues open carrying Val carbines.  As Redbrick is already famous in the area and is banking on Ocean PMC's ties to the Sheriff Department, all personnel should dress and act overt.

"So am I an operator or an analyst now?" Redrick "Redbrick" Batiste the Demolition Expert says to himself as makes a token effort at OSINT research.  A demolitions expert who's yet to demolish something in anger, he's looking forward to violence against a murderous rapist.  He'd already spent the last month in Goodhaven, and easily knew everything there was to know about it now.  Chairborne analysis was just holding him back from applying some "Semtex justice" upon a genuine shitbag.  Hashtag #melaniestrong is trending on social media, but otherwise his feeble queries discover nothing of use.

With minimal planning Team Leader Redbrick and James "Hoxton" Hoxworth take the shuttle to Goodhaven.  Their Gator ATV peels out of the space port on the first order of business: unannounced visit to Redbrick's close friend, Sheriff Wilder.

"Redbrick, my man!  Glad to see you back so soon.  This guy your new Anya?"

Hoxton eyes Redbrick with confusion, having never heard of Anna's unintentional alias before.

"This is James 'Hoxton' Hoxworth.  Hoxton is good as gold.  Now, I wish this was a purely social engagement but we got some business in town we could use your help on.  Are you down?"

"A friend in need, is a friend in deed.  Let's hear it."

Redbrick briefs the Sheriff that they're looking for a murderous fugitive and shows him the mugshot Marshal York sent to his smartphone.  The Sheriff laughs, "Miles?  That's Widow Notkin's boy.  Too easy.  Just give me a moment and then I'll take you right to him."

As the Sheriff turns away to attend to business, Redbrick playfully slaps Hoxton on the back,  "Even easier than that tiger hunt you did last month.  Once we wrap business, we'll take some R&R here in town.  I met some girls last month who'd dig a guy like you.  I know you like to party."

"Damn straight, just better not let Nikita and the girls know.  Could make shit hella awkward."

"Hey bro.  What happens planetside, stays planetside.  I didn't see no rings on anybody's finger either."

"Attention all Sheriff personnel!  Miles Notkin is wanted Dead or Alive for murder.  Kill or capture on sight.  Posse, standby for muster."

Redbrick disguises his shock and horror at the unexpected All Points Bulletin (APB).  The cat is out of the bag long ahead of schedule.  While he trusts the full-time deputies he personally trained last month, raising the posse is a big move and may leak back to their target.  It is a small town after all, and if Miles Notkin has any friends in the posse, they may tip him off.

"Wow!  Thanks man.  Let's manhunt!"

Sheriff Wilder leads your team to an older two-story farmhouse.  This house is beginning to fall behind in repairs, with the house paint chipping and the a few shingles torn from the roof.  "NOTKIN" is painted on a tin mailbox out front.

As your team dismounts, another Sheriff deputy walks up to the porch.  She interrupts her approach as you three arrive.  Redbrick immediately recognizes her as Janet "Holla" Hollaran, a truely unforgettable recruit.  A wiry small-breasted woman wearing a blue asymmetric haircut with shaved sides, she wasn't someone you'd immediately peg as frontier-folk.  She beams at the sight of Redbrick, "Mr. Batiste!  I didn't know you were back in town.  Is Anna here too?"

"Anna couldn't make it this time.  Deputy Hollaran, right?  You here about the target I take it?"

"Roger that Mr. Batiste.  Headed over right when I got the call.  I was going to take him myself, but you're the pro Mr. Batiste."

"Alright, Deputy Hollaran, here's how we're going to bag this motherfraker..."

Per Sheriff Wilder, the Widow Notkin is elderly and almost certain to be home.  Her only son, Miles Notkin, just returned home after completing contract work on Anghabar.  Best guess is that he's inside the farmhouse as well.  Sheriff Wilder and Redbrick, both well-regarded in Goodhaven, will knock on the front door for Widow Notkin and question her regarding Miles whereabouts.  Hoxton and Holla will watch the back door of the house, in case Miles is home and tries to run.

Sheriff Wilder and Redbrick are greeted by a well groomed old woman in a vintage house dress.  The interior of the house smells like apple cinnamon and a freshly baked pie is cooling on the kitchen table.  Family photos on the wall show her, her late husband, and Miles in various stages of an apparently happy family life.

"I'm sorry gentlemen.  I didn't know Miles invited guests.  He just got home from Anghabar you see.  Would you like a slice of fresh apple pie?"

Sheriff Wilder takes the lead, "Maybe later Ma'am.  Is Miles home?"

"Yes Sheriff, he's upstairs in his room, the door on the left.  Your friend can hang his rifle by the coat rack if he likes.  I wouldn't want to inconvenience him."

Redbrick chuckles, "Thanks for the offer Ma'am, but we're just meeting Miles to head out somewhere.  We'll be out of your hair soon."

The two men briskly trot up the stairs and find the door on the left shut.  The Sheriff turns the door knob but it's locked.  He draws his massive .44 Magnum Ruger Redhawk revolver and raps it authoritatively against the locked door, "Sheriff Department!  Open up!"

This order is answered only by the sound of scurrying footsteps, creaking floorboards, and wood scraping against wood.

"Gorramit!" Redbrick yells as he takes over, physically pushing Sheriff Wilder aside, and kicking in the door.  As the door flies open, Redbrick can't help but notice that the room is still decorated like a child's room.  A large pop science poster compares the Sol Planetary System and the Thiel Planetary System.  A model rocket and some hand-painted figurines are carefully arranged on bedroom shelf.  Some kind of education related certificate is hung over his desk.  Most pressingly however, the bedroom window and curtains are flung open.

Standing out back, Holla hears a crashing thud around the corner.  She draws her .38 service revolver and runs around the side of the house just in time to see a figure stand and take off running.  "Sheriff Department!  FREEZE!"

The target ignores the command sprints in the direction of a barn.  He's not a particularly fast runner, and the well conditioned female Deputy gains on him.  However, it's not enough as he reaches the barn and slams the door behind him.  Holla rams into the door with a running body slam but fails to breach it open.  It must be barred from inside.

By now, Hoxton catches up.  "Good chase, I'll circle around back!"

As Holla recovers from her failed power move, she tries to plead with the suspect while examining the barn for another means of entry, "Miles, you're just making this worse.  The hardest part is coming out.  It gets better after that."

"I didn't kill anyone Janet!  You know that ain't me."

Holla finds a side window shuttered and padlocked shut.  The lock looks flimsy, and she thinks she might be able to force it open, "Miles, we got the Ocean guys here and they're not screwing around.  You're running out of time."

The lock pops off and she flings the barn window open.  However, a fully lit window opened into a blacked out barn is impossible to miss from the inside.  Expecting the worst, Miles fire his father's 12 gauge shotgun at the open window.

Nearly grazed, the young female Deputy dives for the ground and stays down.  Then things really get out of hand.  Redbrick, who had just begun witnessing the seen at the barn from Miles bedroom window, sees the Deputy go down in response to a shotgun blast.  Assuming she's hit, he immediately empties his fully automatic AS Val carbine into the barn to try and suppress the shooter.  Having no idea Hoxton was in the background of the barn, the armor piercing SP-6 rounds fully penetrate through the thin-walled barn.  Hoxton drops to the ground and blindfires his AS Val carbine back into the barn.

As both of your operators sheltered to reload, panicked wails of "STOP! I SURRENDER!" ring from the barn.  Miles Notkin quickly surrenders himself to Holla.  The generally unremarkable 22-year-old male is completely rattled yet physically unscathed by gunfire.  Sheriff Wilder takes over handling the Deputy and two operators sort themselves out.  Finding only the shotgun in the barn, your two operators soon realize their errors and apologize profusely to each other.

Hoxton laughs, "Talk about fog of war, you owe me a drink for that."

Redbrick doubles down, "Motherfraker, I think we both owe each other a drink for this."

Holla gets in on the banter, "Y'all two pros need to remind us greenhorns how to party.  How about you meet up with myself and a few friends at the Tumbleweed Saloon after dinner?"

Your two men accept the invite and then give each other a knowing wink.

Your client, Marshal York is greatly satisfied that Miles Notkin was brought in alive.  Turns out the Walton's leased a Containerized Housing Unit (CHU) at the Goodhaven space port and are ready to receive the prisoner right now.   Marshal York is also already there to broker the handover.

With the Gator ATV being a tight fit with a prisoner, you borrow the Sheriff's patrol vehicle.  After a fifteen minute drive to the space port, Redbrick unloads the cuffed and blindfolded prisoner and walk him to the designated CHU.  Marshal York meets Redbrick outside the CHU, having been waiting.

Marshal York runs the prisoner's finger prints and cheek swab through a handheld biometric scanner.  He reassures your team, "A necessary procedure.  I'm sure you can imagine the schemes us Marshals have seen to fraudulently collect a bounty."

He reads an output on the device and nods with satisfaction, "Ah yes, more good things from you Mr. Batiste.  Mr. Thiel will be happy that the Waltons' need for justice was so swiftly resolved.  The agreed upon bounty will be paid from us the Harad Marshals, and an additional bonus will be sent directly from the bounty sponsors, the Waltons."

Marshal York opens the CHU door and leads the blindfolded prisoner inside.  Redbrick catches a glimpse of a middle-aged man in a well tailored silk suit.  Marshal York clears his throat, "Good day to you Mr. Batiste."

Marshal York slams shut the CHU door, but the bolt doesn't catch and it swings open.  Redbrick knows he clearly should be leaving now, but is intrigued by what he thinks he's about to witness.  All three men are out of sight, but the open door allows him to hear perfectly.  He first hears the distinctive high pitched whine of a high voltage power source.  Then the slow deep timbre of Marshal York, "Mr. Walton, as both a victim and a sponsor, take all the time you need."

Then came familiar yet more intense wails of "STOP!"  Then came the pleading.  Then came increasingly unintelligible moaning.

But then it was time for dinner, so Redbrick went back to town.

"So Redbrick, how it go with Marshal York?"

"We got the bonus pay, Hox.  Dolla dolla bill ya'll!"

After dinner, your two operators leave the older Sheriff to meet Holla and company at the local saloon.  It's a rather warm reunion as many of Redbrick's former Sheriff Trainees are glad to see him again.  The female trainees all ask about Anna, but are still intrigued by Hoxton, the fresh face.

As the alcohol and some other substances begin to flow, boundaries break down.  Your two male operators have a great time "one-on-one mentoring" various female personnel, some not even associated with the Sheriff Department.

Redbrick wakes up the next morning in an unfamiliar farm house tub.  His initial fears are allayed when he sees his magnum revolver carefully placed on the vanity country next to him.  After getting dressed, he finds himself in a modest home full of eccentric decor.  Family photos on the wall suggest it's the home of the blue-haired Janet "Holla" Hollaran.

"Good morning, Red, how's the hangover?"

Apparently they're on a nicknames basis now, "Sure earned a good one, Holla."

"Hope you like farm fresh eggs then, enjoy."

Breakfast is pleasant though awkward.  They develop an unspoken mutual pact not to discuss what happened last night and instead chatter about fond memories from training.  Still Redbrick has a sense that she wants to talk about something of substance.  Something is bothering her, and she needs to talk it out with him.

"So about Miles Notkin..."

"What about him?"

"I mean, he was a murderer right?  I thought I knew him so well.  He'd been over on Anghabar for a long time, but we used to be so close back in the day.  Born and raised in a small town, us LGBTQ folks needed to stick together after all."

Redbrick recalls the family photos and deduces that one woman she kept posing with probably wasn't her sister.  Both are so hot.  Shame.

Spoiler: Mission Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:18:04 am by ConscriptFive »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2019, 04:44:14 am »

Well, that was disturbing. I think it's pretty damn clear that Notkin didn't do it, considering he bears approximately zero (0) similarities to the kind of actual hardened fighters that we saw on the actual Red Cross mission. ...oof. I wonder if somebody smarter and less evidently utterly surface-level than Redbrick seems to be would have picked up on that... though by that point anyway we'd have been in rather too deep.

Leaves kind of a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't know that I think it was terribly avoidable.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2019, 10:37:39 am »

Well, that was disturbing. I think it's pretty damn clear that Notkin didn't do it, considering he bears approximately zero (0) similarities to the kind of actual hardened fighters that we saw on the actual Red Cross mission. ...oof. I wonder if somebody smarter and less evidently utterly surface-level than Redbrick seems to be would have picked up on that... though by that point anyway we'd have been in rather too deep.

Leaves kind of a bad taste in my mouth, but I don't know that I think it was terribly avoidable.

The Waltons nuked the last town he was at. We probably saved Goodhaven by turning him over, regardless of how guilty he was. It sounds like the snitch tried blaming the one guy who left in the hopes it’d save the town (or their own hide), given we know the Red Cross apparently has other enemies and is doing some sketchy stuff they probably lied to the Waltons too.

Not like it is our job to make sure the target is guilty anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 01:39:15 pm »

Mission Report (3/5)

AMR CI/FP Shamrock Tavern HUMINT Source Spotting

"Do your research ahead of time. Look at social media posts, corporate and underground news sources, blogs, whatever. Know the basics of the current political climate in case such things come up, you should at least know enough to pass as a local instead of a spacer."

Two operators will case the Shamrock Tavern on Anghabar, seeking to spot HUMINT sources for AMR CI FP for use against the growing insurgency.
Anna, a trained HUMINT Collector, will be the Team Leader, as well as perform most of the intelligence collection.  A second operator, Ethan Hunt, will mostly provide security and general support.
Team will secure a small safehouse near the Shamrock Tavern.  After first surveilling its patrons from inside the SUV, team will disguise themselves appropriately to match the observed patrons.  Ethan will enter the tavern first, messaging Anna ten minutes later if the room appears safe.  As security backup, Ethan will carry a sidearm and generally try to keep to himself.  Anna will arrive unarmed and apparently alone, to ensure minimum suspicion and maximum approachability.  Anna will then attempt to spot HUMINT source leads AMR CI FP can use, such as personnel associated with organized labor.
As security measures, an AS Val carbine will be provided.  It should be stored in the safehouse off-duty, and kept in the SUV as backup while on mission.  Obviously this is non-overt mission, and all personnel should dress and act sterile.

Despite her OSINT research, Team Leader Anna Chapman, the HUMINT Collector, remains optimistic about the mission.  As a newly minted intelligence professional, she understands the need for IPB and gives it her best shot.  Whilst the AMR-dominated mainstream media pushes sports headlines into the news cycle, more pertinent news stories are published in the background.  Within this background reporting, Anna identifies a B-narrative of law and order stories being pushed.  In response to "inappropriate disruptions in efficiency," AMR is no longer recognizing several named United Labor Movement (ULM) chapters.  Querying those named ULM chapters against social media, she identifies that one of those banned chapters, ULM 323, is located near the Shamrock Tavern.  Furthermore, various puff pieces celebrate law enforcement agencies and their accomplishments.  The AMR security apparatus is apparently highly decentralized, with Anna finding nearly a dozen planet-wide agencies with overlapping mandates.  On top of that, Anna discovers various local police departments across the planet.  Despite her best attempts, no mentions of AMR Counterintelligence/Force Protection are found.

In terms of area OSINT research, the Shamrock Tavern is a local pub in downtown New Dublin.  As you would expect, much of the populace claims an Irish heritage of some sort.  With a population of just under 20,000, New Dublin doesn't technically count as a city by Old World standards, but still is a notable population center in the Thiel system.  The well developed infrastructure of the industrial area near a major steel mill creates an adjacent urbanized downtown.  Most consider daytime smog a small price to pay for modern climate controlled apartment blocks with indoor plumbing.  Packed buses travel along asphalt paved roads bringing common folk to and fro.  The well-to-do who can afford their own transportation prefer to reside in more suburban enclaves.

Without too much difficultly, Anna and Ethan manage to find an unremarkable two bedroom apartment down the street from the Shamrock Tavern.  Their landlord explains that the previous tenants unexpectedly moved out in a hurry, probably to run off into the hills with the other hardline strikers.  The landlord's suspicions were confirmed when local police "requested" access to the apartment two days later.  Anna deduces this is likely not an isolated incident, and that landlords on Anghabar are probably happy to get any paying tenant at this point.  Anna quickly negotiates a one month cash lease under an assumed name which the landlord agrees to.

Their safehouse established, Team Leader Anna sets up surveillance of the Shamrock Tavern.  An old fashioned vehicular stakeout isn't the sexiest of intelligence operations, but it gets the job done.  In urban operations, parked vehicles are a common sight, and provide enough concealment for extended manned surveillance.  Luckily, it turns out there's plenty of free parking at and around the Shamrock Tavern.

Anna and Ethan had never spent much time together before, but now get hours together on stakeout in the Landrover.  It's boring work, made a bit awkward when Ethan insists on using a piss bottle, but the two get along well enough.

"Hey Anna, you got some Russian heritage in you I take it?"

"Somewhere in there.  Why do you ask?"

"Wanna hear a joke?"

"Sure, why not?"

"In Soviet Russia..."

"TV WATCHES YOU!" Anna excitedly blurts out in a comedic foreign accent.

"Wait, what?"

"Oh, that isn't where you were going?"

"No.  So in Soviet Russia, they had this joke: Why do KGB agents always operate in threes?"

Anna shrugs, "Got me."

"The first one can read.  The second one can write.  And the third one is there to keep an eye on the two dangerous intellectuals."

Anna looks at him quizzically, "I don't get it, but I was never big on ancient history."

Ethan laughs to himself, "Tough crowd.  A joke is never funny if you have to explain it."

After two nights on stakeout, Anna's confident she has enough recon to go forward.  The Shamrock Tavern is an inauspicious blue-collar watering hole, filled with denim and work boots.  A heavy-weight bouncer mans the front door of the small one story building.  An employees-only entrance leads through a small kitchen area that's apparently kept unlocked during business hours.  Window shades don't provide a good view inside of the tavern at all.  From the outside, it's unclear if there's any sort of basement or cellar.

From her HUMINT training, Anna knows small gathering spots tend to have tight-knit regulars.  Straight-up impersonating an established native is a fool's errand in such an intimate environment.  So instead, Anna will impersonate the next best things, "I'm new in town."  With the growing planet-wide unrest, surely she and Ethan won't be the only new faces in downtown New Dublin.

"Jesus Anna, you know what you look like?"

"A hooker?  That's the plan.  Am I the right hooker though?"

"Eh... that's tough.  I'm assuming you don't want to go full street-walker?"

"Trashy enough to be fun and approachable, but not enough to give you crabs.  This ain't a glitterworld joint, but I don't want to look like something off a street-corner."

"While I dig your boobage as much as the next guy, maybe try a jacket over that crop top?"

"Of course I was going to wear a jacket.  You seriously thought I was going to roll in there showing this much skin?"

"Well..."

Anna sighs and rolls her eyes.

Their preparations made, Ethan walks over to the Shamrock Tavern, so as to not be seen in the same vehicle with Anna.  At the door of the Tavern, he's stopped by the towering bouncer up front, "Whoa there, Billy Big Iron. I can't let you bring that handcannon inside."

The bouncer points at the Colt Python Magnum revolver on Ethan's hip, "I'm going to have to give you a claim ticket for that.  You can pick it up on your way out."

Ethan suspected this might be the case and hands over his firearm.  The bouncer admires the weapon for a moment, "Ha, I thought this might be a genuine Colt Python.  In good shape too!  I'll take good care of her for you.  Have a good night."

Ethan warily scopes out the joint.  It's the team's first view inside of the tavern, and despite their two nights of recon, Ethan wasn't entirely sure what to expect.  From first impressions, the tavern turns out to be a bit of a dive bar with a pseudo-Irish pub flair.  Regulars sit on stools around a long bartop.  A handful of booths and tables line the walls.  A single closet-sized unisex bathroom is in the back, right before the kitchen entrance.  As they suspected, the back door is tucked away on the opposite side of the kitchen.

Taking a seat at a corner booth, Ethan can barely see outside through a slit in the window shades.  He should be able to spot threats inside the building, but lacks the line of sight to spot much of anything outside.  Satisfied with the security of the situation, takes out his smartphone to report the basics to Anna and give her the go ahead.

Meanwhile, Ocean's Ten aren't the only ones conducting an operation tonight.

"Just as we trained fellas.  Shock and awe.  Violence of action is what's going to keep us safe.  Now let's load up and get some."

"Watcha drinkin' Hon?" a waitress asks.

Already distracted communicating with Anna on his smartphone, Ethan pauses for even longer.  "Wait, does Code of Conduct apply here?" he thinks to himself.  "I mean, I am on the job here.  Then again, this isn't recreational.  But what kind of hooch do they even have here?  I don't want Anna's only backup to be completely shit-faced anyways.  Yeah, I'll play it safe"

"A club soda, please!"

The waitress partially supresses a chuckle as she takes his order, "Okay, Hon."

The bartender rolls his eyes as he fills the order.  Some of the regulars barside catch this and begin snickering amongst themselves.  By now, it's a safe assumption that club soda is not a popular drink order in this establishment.  Ethan can see a few of them cooking up a plan to approach the nerd in the corner.

The proverbial record skips as Anna makes her entrance into the tavern.  She may not be the only girl in the room, but she walks in like a single girl ready to party.

Anna struts up to the bar and props herself amidst the regulars, "So who here's looking to buy a girl a drink?"

The bar erupts in laughter.  It's a bold move, but she pulls it off with enough veiled sarcasm to work as a joke rather than a demand.  Soon Anna has ingratiated herself with the crowd, and everyone has seemingly forgotten about the nerd in the corner.

Had a third man been keeping watch on the other two from outside, perhaps they would've noticed several vehicles pull up around the the corner of the tavern.

"Central, we are on objective.  All elements radio check, and move to REDCON one."

Had a third man been watching a radio scanner or spectrum analyzer, he likely would've detected a massive burst in tactical radio chatter.

With the entire bar wrapped around her finger, Anna begins making some assessments on who to focus on.  As predicted, the key demographic of the tavern are blue-collar middle-aged caucasian men.  Several of them wear small "ULM 323" buttons, which she suspects is an act of defiance against their recent ban.  While any of the button wearers have potential as leads for intelligence, Anna is intrigued by one man who notably isn't wearing a union button.  He's surprisingly well dressed and in group conversation, all the others seem to automatically defer to him.  While this may be due to his classic alpha male personality, Anna suspects he may have some kind of hidden status over the others.

"Why, look at you.  You look like a guy who can show a girl a good time."

He smiles and confidently answers her come on, as all the competing regulars melt away to give them privacy, "Girl, I've been all over this planetary system.  A beauty like you belongs on glitterworld.  Have you ever been to Rivendell?"

"Aw, you're so sweet!  No, I haven't."

"Oh the things I could show a sweet little thing like you.  What should I call you?"

"Well a guy like you can call me anything you want, but my name is Tanya."

The man's smartphone rings.  Irritated by the interruption, he suddenly tells "Tanya" that he has to take this phone call and will be back shortly.  Ethan is watching the exchange and sees him exit through the kitchen to take the phone call.

Had a third man been keeping watch outside, he would've then seen the mystery man trot to a parked car and speed off into the night.

Not entirely sure what just happened, Tanya stays optimistic gets back to work on other men at the bar.  She settles on another man, a union button-wearer with a beard.  He's reasonably well dressed and fairly sober to boot.  They hit it off and Tanya establishes some great chemistry with him.

Before she can even get his name, the man's smartphone rings.  He glances down at it and quickly excuses himself,  "Sorry, I gotta use the john."  Both operators see him pull off his union button and duck into the bathroom.

Had a third man been keeping watch outside he'd definitely have seen a dozen armed men pour out of their vehicles and converge upon the Shamrock Tavern.  An authoritative figure in black tactical gear armed with a HK USP .40 radios in, "All assault elements stack on objective and prepare for dynamic entry.  Breach on my mark."

Tanya quickly deduces that something is afoot, and doesn't want to be unarmed and surrounded by strangers in close quarters when it happens.  Hoping to maintain their cover for reattempting operations another night, she signals Ethan for a discreet hasty exfil rather than an abrupt mission abort.  As planned, both operators move independently to maintain cover.  Ethan goes to the front door clutching his weapon claim ticket.  Not wanting to wait for Ethan, Tanya moves for the back door through the kitchen.

Unfortunately, both exits are stymied.

Ethan looks for the bouncer to reclaim his weapon, but cannot find him.  The moment he steps out the front door to check outside, he's blindsided and quickly thrown to the ground in a chokehold.

Meanwhile, Tanya tries to leave the bar, but her hand is grabbed from behind.  She looks back to see a sloppy drunk making his desperate plea, "You know, a guy like me could take care of you.  Why don't we talk for abit?  Hey, you kinda look like my daughter."

Tanya tries to brush him off, "Oh, that's so sweet.  But I need to go.  Maybe we can meet up here tomorrow?  Just ask for Tanya.  I don't think I know your name?"

"Mark."

A metallic canister rattles through the room and explodes in a blinding flash.  Armed men crash through the front door, "H&W!  ON THE GROUND!"

Impaired by the flashbang, Tanya isn't sure if she hit the ground voluntarily or was pushed down.  As she recovers, she finds herself huddled on the ground with the rest of the tavern patrons.  Men in dark blue windbreakers hold them at gunpoint, while the clatter of pots and pans suggests more are searching the kitchen.  They're collectively armed with a variety of service pistols, and based on the dark blue ballcaps on their heads, not particularly armored unless they're wearing concealable body armor under their matching "H&W" lettered windbreakers.  From her OSINT research, Tanya recognizes them as the AMR "Department of Health and Welfare."

For a moment, she's relieved it's not a more lethal agency.  Then she sees a HK USP .40 in a drop leg holster.  Trying to avoid eye contact, she quickly buries her head on the floor and works up a fake cry.  With Greywater on the scene, all bets are off.

The Greywater operator surveys the scene proudly, his boots crunching on shards of glass shattered by the flashbang.  "Textbook assault fellas.  Just like we did in training.  Great takedown on the squirter out front."

The door to the kitchen swings open, "Mr. Bauer, we got a jackpot here.  All kinds of off-world contraband and currency." 

The Greywater operator with a "J. Bauer" nametape (of course Greywater has a Jack Bauer) calls back, "Good find.  Secure all suspects up front.  Take them back in the kitchen one by one for field interrogation.  You guys got this; I'm just advising and assisting."

The objective secure, the law enforcement agents holster their firearms and begin processing suspects in the tavern.  They have no qualms manhandling their suspects, dropping a knee into prone suspects who resist too much.  Pockets get literally ripped open in aggressive searches.  Perhaps its her feigned weeping, or maybe just her lack of concealing clothing, but the agents are relatively gentle on her in comparison.  An apparently all male force, her searcher awkwardly apologizes after hesitantly patting down her bra.

Jack Bauer steps outside to smoke a victory cigar as the lead agent reviews the amassed evidence with a subordinate.  "Sir, almost everybody has a locally issued ID and AMR scrip.  We haven't exploited any smartphones yet, but nothing stands out there.  No weapons except for a few pocket knives.  Though we did find some ULM 323 paraphernalia."

"Ha, thought we might get lucky with some ULM 323 shitheads in this neighborhood.  Looks like we're going to have a full holding cell tonight.  Who was missing ID?"

"The hooker and the squirter out front.  She's probably just some refugee who found her way to the big city, but the squirter could be our HVT."

"The doctrinal term is 'Internally Displaced Person,' but otherwise I agree.  I doubt she's licensed for erotic services, but we've already got enough paperwork ahead of us.  Looks like the poor girl has already been through enough as it is."

Tanya is first to be brought back to the kitchen for field interrogation.  She's hyperventilating the whole time, enough to mimic physical distress.  Had she seen a mirror, she'd be greatly satisfied at how much of a hot mess she turned herself into.  Messy wet tangles of hair with hideous streaks of black eyeliner down her face, she's truly a pathetic sight.

The lead agent offers her a glass of water, "It's all right ma'am.  We just have a few questions for you."

Tanya meekly accepts the glass and wipes her runny nose.

The lead agent hands her a tissue from his pocket, "Your full name please."

Tanya blows her nose, "Frampton.  Tanya Frampton."

"And where do you live Miss Frampton?"

"Oh... I'm sorry.  I'm not from around here.  I'm new in town.  I don't remember its address."

"That's okay, Miss Frampton.  I understand there's a lot going on in Anghabar these days.  What kind of work do you do?"

Tanya stares at her feet, "Oh... I'm sorry.  But I'm just a girl trying to hussle a dollar with having to give half of it up to Swearengen.  I mean..."

The lead agent interrupts her, "This is a big city and you need to look out for yourself.  A girl without protection could get roughed up or worse.  I know the club fees look like a lot, but it's a small price to pay for your safety."

"I'm sorry.  I'm just a dumb country girl who was never good at anything."

"Oh, don't be so hard on yourself.  Time's are tough out there, but it'll get better once this labor dispute is settled.  I'm sure you've seen stuff on the news, but have you seen anything suspicious since you came to town?"

"I'm sorry.  I don't really follow the news.  All that political stuff is too complicated for me.  Um, so, no?"

"That's okay Miss Frampton.  Did you have anything besides your phone and cash?  Also, do you need a ride anywhere or can you make it back on your own?"

"No... I'm fine... I'm sorry I couldn't help you...  I'm just so useless..." Tanya starts sobbing.

The lead agent hands her another tissue, "It's okay Miss.  You know what they say about 'wrong place, wrong time' right?  I'll give you a moment to clean yourself up.  You can head out the back door when you're ready.  Again, I recommend you sign on with a Swearengen Club.  Also, don't forget to register for a new ID when you get the chance."

Tanya escapes the raid deeply satisfied that her act worked so well.  Stepping inside the Landrover, she's glad she had to foresight to hide the keys inside the vehicle.  Getting caught with the keys would have likely triggered a vehicle search.  It wouldn't have taken long to find the AS Val carbine hidden under the vehicle seat.  She'd sure have a hard time explaining how/why a dumb wannabe hooker is packing a sound suppressed full auto carbine.

Anna drives off in a circuitous route back to the safehouse.  Confident such a route threw off any tailing surveillance, she flops down on her bed with a sigh.  She can only hope Ethan got out as clean.

The lead agent slams Ethan's head against the side of the paddy wagon, "You can stop lying now.  We already know who you are."

Ethan tries to shake off the hit, "Is that so?"

"We know you're from off-world.  Tell us about the organized labor terrorists, and I'm sure the prosecutor will go easy on you."

"Easy on me?  That's ironic.  I sure as hell didn't go easy on your mother last night."

The lead agent slams the handcuffed operator against the paddy wagon again, "Cute, a gorram comedian too.  I'll let your hard site interrogator know to get the party favors out."

Perhaps Ethan is abit overconfident in Agent Barclay's planned get-out-of-jail-free-card, but he's otherwise unfazed by this process.  If all he has to do is run down the clock, might as well have some fun doing it.

After loading Ethan for transport, the lead agent goes to speak with Greywater's Jack Bauer.  "The intel was right.  The HVT is here and he sure is a joker."

"Off-world types tend to be.  A guy like that isn't going to break on a field interrogation anyways.  The sooner you can get him to a hard site, the better."

"Roger that.  Dorothy's gonna find out she's not in Rivendell anymore."

Jack Bauer laughs, "You did your part well agent.  Enjoy your jackpot, and leave the interrogating to the interrogator.  They'll get a clown like him.  It's always funny to me how much people's demeanor changes once you start breaking a few bones."

Wrapping up their operation, Jack Bauer decide to take a look at the HVT in the back of the paddy wagon.  Ethan isn't blind-folded (yet) and the two operators make eye-contact.  There's a glimmer of recognition, and Jack Bauer starts mouthing expletives to himself.  He looks over his shoulder discreetly before shrugging apologetically.  "Sorry, bro."

After almost an hour since leaving the Shamrock Tavern, Anna decides that Ethan must not have made it out of the raid.  She sincerely believed Ethan could talk his way out of custody as well.  Not wanted to risk contacting a man under scrutiny, she hasn't tried to call him.  Yet again checking her smartphone, there's still no messages.  Failure is never easy to plainly admit, but it was now time to call Agent Barclay at AMR CI/FP.

"...Health and Welfare?  You got rolled by those pencil pushers?  Is this a joke?"

"I'm afraid not, sir.  It looks like a PMC has been providing them tactical training.  I'm not sure we were even the target, but otherwise it was a competent intelligence-driven raid."

"I'm not sure if that was supposed to be good news or bad news.  Either way, I expected better based on your reputation.  Go to ground and don't try to contact me again.  I'll see what I can do and call you back."

When the bag is pulled off Ethan's head, he finds himself alone in a dimly lit room.  His hands are cuffed behind and he's seated infront of a metallic table.  His thwarted attempts at standing indicate he's chained to the chair which is also securely bolted to the floor.

A voice behind him calls out mockingly, "Life Pro Tip.  When trying to blend in with cityfolk, a foreigner should at least forge a local ID."

Ethan cranes his neck but still can't see who's behind him, "Ah, thank you!  I'll keep that one in mind for next time."

"Oh, you're just a funny as I expected.  I did expect smarter though."

"What do you mean?  I'm so bright my mom calls me sun!"

"Very cute.  But perhaps we should get down to brass tacks now?  Let's start easy.  We both know you're from off-world, would you mind telling us from where?"

"I come from my mother's womb.  She's a lady who was really out of this world!"

"Oh, you like playing games I see?  I consider myself a bit of a gamer as well.  But we'll get to that.  Let's try another.  What is your business here on Anghabar?"

"Business?  I'm not a business-man, I'm a business, man!"

"Well I was never much for classic hip hop, but I appreciate the reference."

Ethan feels a set of rough hands on his and then the handcuffs behind his back come free.  "So I see you're a gamer such as myself.  Would you so kindly put your hands on the table in front of you, I'd like to play a game with you?  It's a game I'm sure you've played before."

"Better not be 'Seven Minutes in Heaven,' that would explain this lighting a lot."

"Oh, you're right that it's a childhood classic.  But this one is much more pre-pubescent.  You remember 'This Little Piggy,' correct?"

"Can we skip to the part where I go all the way home?"

"Ah, you do remember.  You'd be surprised how many people don't these days.  Personally, I blame the corruption of traditional Western culture by Asiatic influences, but..."

Ethan interrupts, "Who knew I'd find a white supremacist in the boonies of the Thiel system?  Color me surprised."

The interrogator sounds irritated but pretends it doesn't bother him, "As I was saying...  It's a childhood classic I'd like to play with you.  As a fellow gamer, it seems like something that would be right up your alley."

"Rather basic don't you think?  Do you take me as a casual gamer?"

"Oh, clearly you're hardcore.  But, let's just say I've updated it for more mature audiences."

"You mean like Ron D. Moore did with Battlestar Galactica?  Are we all secretly Cylons now?  Spoilers, BTW."

"Not exactly."  The interrogator tosses a claw hammer that rattles across the metallic table.

*RING* *RING*

Anna picks up a call from a blocked number on her smartphone.  To her relief, it's Agent Barclay.

"Your story checks out.  It looks like they detained him awhile ago.  I'm already seeing him booked at a hard site detention center.  If I were you, I'd make for the space port immediately, just in case they got something off him."

"Frak.  Can you get him out?"

"I'll see what I can do.  Goodbye."

With assorted chunks of his mangled hand scattered across the blood spattered table before him, Ethan has come to realize his improvised counter-interrogation strategy may not have been a good one.

"So you see, normally this is the part where the child calls out 'Again! Again!'  You don't seem like you enjoyed this game that much though.  You said you were a hardcore gamer, so I skipped straight to the claw-side game mode.  Perhaps you needed the tutorial after all?"

Despite the pain and graphic body horror, Ethan's banter is dimininished, but not entirely defeated.  "Well I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition."  He winces through the punchline, "But I suppose nobody really does, do they?"

"Indeed, though surely this can't be a surprise.  You've been at this line of work long enough, correct?  You never thought you'd end up in a place like this?"

"Guess I'm just a glass half-full kind of guy."

"Optimism isn't always misguided.  After all, it doesn't have to end like this.  Perhaps we can take a break from games and talk like men now?"

"...parlay?"

The interrogator smirks as he checks the tourniquet on Ethan's arm, "Clever, but I thought we were done with games."

Ethan straigtens up, "Sorry, bad habit."

"So, let's try a do over.  Reload from an earlier save state you might say.  Where are you from?"

Ethan pauses.  He expected Agent Barclay would've released him by now, and he's not sure how much longer he can run down the clock.  He definitely didn't think he'd be so readily dismembered either.  He needs to give up something, but what?

Certainly not Anna.  Ethan can only imagine what sadistic shit these animals are doing to her right now.  She hasn't given up on him, and he's certainly not going to drop a dime on her for that.

Ocean PMC?  Oh yeah, I'm a merc for hire, technologically engineered to cheat death, under contract to various shadowy powers of the often interstellar variety.  Explaining that won't lead to consequences at all.

AMR CI/FP?  Maybe, but burning the client is the ultimate business failure.  If he was Mrs. Ocean, he'd fire him right the moment he got ship-side.

"I'm from off-world.  Outside of Thiel even.  I caught a ride in on the Mothership Leviathan."

"There you go.  We're off to a good start now.  Why did you come to the Thiel system?"

"...business.  Plain and simple.  There are things to be done here, and there's money to be made doing it."

"What kinds of things?"

"Lots of things.  Anything really.  Month to month, I follow the money."

"Okay, but for who?"

"Anybody and nobody.  You know what they say.  Got a need?"  Ethan catches himself. "We're there with great speed."

"We?  Who's we?"

Really doubting his counter-interrogation skills, Ethan decides to change tack again.

"Santa, and the rest of the elves."

"Is that some kind of code name?"

"Yeah, you know.  Making a list, checking it twice, finding out who's naughty or nice?"

The interrogator sighs, "Are we playing games again?"

"No, I swear, our whole crew has this Christmas-themed code system.  Reindeer are vehicles for example."

"Um, okay..."

"I mean, I'm just an elf, I didn't invent the code."

"Santa did?"

"Precisely."

"And who's this Santa?"

"No one knows.  He insists on being called Kris Kringle.  He has an intense commitment to OPSEC."

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Not now!" the interrogator yells.

"Yes, now" a younger male voice replies assertively.

"Oh.  You again.  No need to flash the badge, I remember.  I suppose you want to take over right now?"

"That's correct."

The young man crinkles his nose at the gruesome sight on the metal tabletop, "Hardcore mode again?"

"Indeed.  Don't forget to keep an eye on the tourniquet.  I'll leave you two to get acquainted."

The interrogator wipes his hands on his pants before he leaves, "One last freebee my elven friend.  Life Pro Tip, unless you want to end up face down in a hole in the desert, you better answer any questions counterintelligence has for you."

The young CI agent waits for the interrogator to leave before moving to undo Ethan's chains.  Exploiting their close quarters, he whispers "Barclay sends his regards.  Keep quiet until we get to the car."

Ethan and his seized belongings get checked out of the hard site by the CI agent in relatively short order.  His Colt Python revolver is notably missing, and he assumes the bouncer ran off with it.  Ethan is guided into the back seat of a parked black SUV with heavily tinted windows.  The CI agent takes the driver seat and then turns around to talk to Ethan, "We should be clear now.  I'm Agent Lively with AMR CI/FP.  Agent Barclay sent me.  No offense, but I think it's best if you don't tell me your name or anything about your operation.  Agent Barclay is big on compartmentalized ops."

"No offense taken, but what about the other one?"

"What other one?"

"You know, the girl?"

"What girl?"

"You know, from the Shamrock Tavern?"

"Barclay only told me to get you.  Does this girl have a name or something?"

Ethan mimes two round mounds over his chest as he fails to recall her alias for this operation, "The hooker with the boobs."

"You want me to find a large breasted hooker for you?  Guy, I've got order to take you straight to the space port.  If you're looking to score after that, that's entirely on you."

"Gorramit, it's not like that.  Just call Agent Barclay before we leave here.  Frak, I can't remember her name."

Agent Lively dismissively turns the key in the ignition, "Damn, must've been some serious tits to make that kind of impression."

"TANYA!  Her name was Tanya.  Call Agent Barclay and ask if you need to pick up Tanya."

Agent Lively sighs and takes the key out of the ignition, "Fine, I'll call Barclay about 'Tanya.'  You know, most people in your condition would've been asking for a doctor, but I guess you got other priorities, huh?  Try not to bleed too much on the backseat while I make this phone call."

Agent Lively begrudingly steps out the vehicle to place a call.  After a few minutes, he returns to the driver's seat.  "You'll see her at the space port.  Can we go already?"

It's only a short drive to the space port.  The SUV stops in an alley nearby, "Safer for us all if you get out here and walk it in.  I'm assuming the Hammerer never got down to the toes?"

"Yup, lucky me, right?"

"Heh, you're lucky he finally got the tourniquets all figured out.  Used to be like Kill Bill up in there.  Safe travels I guess."

Ethan finds his way to space port interplanetary terminal only to realize he's still ops sterile and without any identification.  Finally able to safely call Anna on his smartphone, he finds the Wave secure communications app worked as designed: when technicians went to exploit his phone at the hard site, it purged all data from the phone including the Wave app itself.  Stuck with a phone without contacts, all Ethan can do is awkardly loiter at the space port entryway.

With New Dublin as a modest sized city, the space port entryway is fairly busy with decent amount of foot traffic.  Uniformed space port security eyes him warily, but everyone assumes the battered and bandaged man is some kind of harmless vagrant.  Ethan catches on to this development and ends up idly panhandling a few credits in AMR scrip.

It's not too long before Anna unceremoniously finds him and they're both on the flight home to the Mothership Leviathan.  However, now freed from immediate operational threats, they can't help but over-analyze how the mission went so wrong.  While Anna is understandably horrified about what happened to Ethan, Ethan can't help but be resentful of how Anna got away without a scratch.  Furthermore, it was her call as Team Leader to order hasty exfil at the tavern, as opposed to the "sprint to the back door" mission abort.  Her optimistic final attempt to keep the intelligence operation viable led to their capture.  When he later finds out just how long it took for Anna to call Agent Barclay, he can barely hide his anger.  Ethan still likes Anna as a person, and thus never airs these accusations to her face, but no longer trusts her judgment as a fellow operator.

As they dock at the Mothership Leviathan, Ethan picks through his panhandling haul with his one good hand, trying not to worry about his tourniquet'd other becoming gangrenous.  One of the folded bills turns out to be a handwritten note followed by a phone number and address.

"Ready to get even?  Come find us.  Your Colt and club soda are waiting."

Ethan shares his find with Team Leader Anna.  She beams, "Ha, looks like we're not coming home empty handed."

"...phrasing..."

"Yikes, sorry.  But I think this can be spun into something.  If I write this up with my direct collection 'atmospherics,' the customer might pay out anyways."

After rushing Ethan to the medical clinic, Anna uses her HUMINT expertise to write a well-crafted intelligence report.  Building off her OSINT research, she explains how the the Shamrock Tavern is/was ULM 323 terrorist meeting site with an illicit cache in the back kitchen.  She also provides descriptions for all the people she met, and highlights the existence of an early warning network that enabled an apparent HVT to escape imminent capture.  The report concludes with the clandestine note, stressing the tremendous opportunity for CI-driven double-agent operations.

Sam and Neil are impressed with Anna's intelligence product, and formally transmit it with the final deliverables to the customer, Agent Barclay of AMR CI/FP.  In less than a day, they receive a response.

"It's a very professional intelligence product, however one-time intelligence wasn't what I hired you for.  Furthermore, almost all that intelligence expired with the raid.  No shit there was ULM 323 and a cache there, H&W literally just seized it all.  Plus, I wouldn't have sent you to the Shamrock Tavern if we didn't already already know it was rife with ULM 323 activity.  However, I will concede your confirmation of the HVT presence and the early warning network is of merit."

"What I did hire you for, was to identify and provide introductions for future intelligence assets, who could provide an ongoing stream of intelligence information or other capabilities going forward.  Although it largely wasn't your fault, you mostly failed this task.  The double-agent lead was exactly what I was looking for, but unfortunately it's tied solely to that clown of an operator I had to rescue from custody.  From what I've heard out of New Dublin, that guy is nowhere near being ready for that kind of penetrating undercover work.  After the shit I've read from H&W and others, I surprised you let him near any kind of intelligence field ops."

"In conclusion, I'm greatly disappointed in the services provided.  Perhaps I was too generous with you last month, and you thought I was running a charity?  I'll compensate you appropriately for what you delivered, but otherwise I'm not going to reward this amount of failure."

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:17:51 am by ConscriptFive »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »

Fucking oof. THAT was tremendously unlucky, which is a shame because I was really confident in this one, too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2019, 06:48:37 am »

That went pretty poorly, at least we didn't lose anyone and still got some money.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2020, 02:07:24 am »

Mission Report (4/5)

OOC: Unironic Trigger Warning.  *PLEASE READ*  While previously I've done this warning for violence, mature (sexual) themes are present in this mission.  It's nothing explicit or NSFW-level, but in dramatic context it might bit too much for some readers.  Space Cowboys is supposed to be a fairly hard sci fi universe, so sometimes this where we end up.  If you're a new reader/player, welcome to the party.

Amnesty Interstellar Investigation of Flossmore Prison

"Make sure to have your cover stories right ahead of time. Make sure you know details about who you're supposed to be, if your card says you're a miner you should know enough about being a miner here to pass a casual conversation. Have a valid excuse for the arm brace based on your cover identity. Since we're partially looking for political prisoners, try to find a list of probable political arrests online through social media and match names with faces. Have an escape route planned out ahead." 
"The button cameras should be definitionally very easy to hide inside clothing, under badges, etc. I don't think the splint is terribly necessary at all for that purpose, nor do I actually even think it's superior, since it's kind of obvious when it's being fiddled with, and since (and I've worn a good few in my lifetime) they're necessarily quite tight to the arm. Like, it's an option, but it doesn't seem like the only one at all to me, unless you want to suggest that when people have to smuggle in cameras in real life they make sure to break someone's arm first."

Two operators will conduct an undercover investigation of Flossmore Prison on behalf of Amnesty Interstellar.  Mr. Blonde will be team leader in recognition for his accomplishments on AMR Strikebreaker.  Salt will also investigate the prison.
The team will establish a small safehouse in the town of Flossmore.  The team will first use the ATV and thermal binoculars to perform recon on the prison itself.  From an overlook in the wilderness around the prison, they will survey the apparent layout of the prison grounds.  In addition to the general layout, the team will also note security measures and potential vulnerabilities.
Having established the lay of the land, Mr. Blonde will use his visitor pass to access the prison.  To avert suspicion, he will take the bus as a normal visitor would and carry no contraband.  Mr. Blonde will carefully note any search/security procedures and then anything that should be video-recorded or otherwise investigated by the next visitor.  Mr. Blonde will then fully brief Salt about how to best conceal button cam(s) for her investigation.  Salt should then attempt to record the evidence Amnesty Interstellar is seeking.
As as security measure, the non-investigating team member should be waiting in the wilderness near the prison with the ATV and binoculars.  Should an investigator need to flee the prison emergently, the ATV is ready for rapid extraction.  Obviously this is non-overt mission, and all personnel should dress and act sterile.

Operations Chief Neil McCauley slides a thick shipping envelope across the conference room table to Team Leader Vic "Mr. Blonde" Vega,  "Client package for your operation.  Merry Christmas kid."

Mr. Blonde opens the envelope to find two Flossmore guest passes and a hefty tome of briefing packet provided by Amnesty Interstellar.  He ruefully pages through the package before splitting it in half and sharing it with his subordinate, Evelyn Salt, "Looks like it's time to hit the books."

Originally a subarctic mining boomtown on the otherwise verdant planet of Lossarnach, Flossmore was forced to reinvent itself once the ore ran out and the entire minerals industry moved planets to Anghabar.  Years worth of well developed civilian infrastructure were seemingly vacated overnight as business chased more worthwhile opportunities elsewhere.  On the fast track to becoming a ghost-town, the remaining residents shopped desperate business plans to whatever angel investors they could reach.

At the same time, the Founders were facing the legendary "Criminal Justice Crisis."  As the libertarian-minded Founders were increasingly obligated to govern the New Worlds they insisted on owning through the Coalition, they soon realized that criminal justice was an inherently unprofitable public good.  Long-term incarceration was singled out as a colossally expensive punishment, especially compared to fines, corporal punishment, and capital punishment.  As a growing impoverished underclass emerged across the New Worlds, attempting to collect fines became increasingly fruitless.  Furthermore, wages couldn't be garnished against those paid under the table or otherwise collecting an underworld income.  It became a popular joke among career criminals to refer to fine citations as their 'diplomas,' some going so far as to hang them as wall decor.

"Sounds like it's time for justice to do some hanging of its own..."  Mr. Blonde thinks to himself

In response to this brazen disregard of legal punishment, the popularity of corporal and capital punishment grew.  However, this created an entirely different set of problems.  Some Founders, not to mention most of the public, were increasingly horrified by this brutal shift in policy.  Political dissent grew, leading to the formal creation of the United Green Party.  Furthermore, this de facto cannibalization of the labor pool put law-abiding workers at a premium.  Workers capitalized on this newfound status, creating the one thing the Founders hated more than taxes: organized labor.

"Why am I reading about organized labor when I'm supposed to be getting paid to shoot them?" Mr. Blonde thinks to himself.

Well into the golden age of PMC's, the Coalition reluctantly took the next step and licensed Private Correctional Facilities (PCF's) to make incarceration cost-effective.  Much like the PMC's, many entrepreneurs tried to make a fortune in this unconventional industry, however very few succeeded in the long term.  Decades later, Flossmore is among a handful of PCF's across the New Worlds that provide longterm incarceration solutions.  How exactly each remaining PCF has stayed profitable remains a mystery for the most part.  Much like Ocean PMC, each PCF is a privately owned corporation operating under in-house legal counsel that provide layers upon layers of NDA's and other mechanisms to conceal their business practices from outside scrutiny.  While surely these large static facilities can't be flawlessly opaque, society largely doesn't want to see how their sausage is made, barring the notable exception of driven crusaders like Amnesty Interstellar.

While all of this is established public record by now, you can't really blame your operators for being mostly ignorant of these matters.  Public policy wonks typically don't possess the skillsets that Ocean PMC recruits for.

In addition to historical background, the briefing packet describes how the visitor passes work.  While the passes are registered under ficitious visitor identities, they were genuinely purchased and are otherwise fully legitimate.  Each pass permits a single supervised no-contact meeting with a particular 'resident' of Flossmore Debtor's Prison.  Both selected residents are male non-violent offenders from the local glitterworld of Rivendell.  While the packet doesn't explicitly put such damning information in writing, it strongly suggests that these residents are clandestine Amnesty Interstellar personnel who have been awaiting this mission.

In addition to providing dossiers on their visitees, supporting dossiers and basic supporting documents are provided for the two operator's identities as visitors.  While photo ID's were not provided in the already generous client-provided packet, the legitimate Flossmore visitor passes should hopefully be enough to get by with.  Both operators will be posing as upper-middle class Rivendell-residents visiting close kin: just wealthy enough for personal interplanetary travel, yet too poor to arrange more lenient criminal punishment for a loved one.

"Heh, gonna have to pack my fancy pants for this one."  Mr. Blonde thinks to himself.

On the downside, all this mission prep deep reading doesn't leave much time for independent OSINT research.  Neither operator has intelligence or research training and they have a hard time finding specific information on political arrests in the time allotted.  As your HUMINT Collector confirmed in a parallel mission, there's substantial ongoing law enforcement crackdowns on Anghabar, but most of it is well hidden in the media.

With great relief, your two operators leave their deskbound research and hit planet-side.  Finally being operational is almost enough to make Mr. Blonde forgive the frigid climate and the fact that they're surrounded by an entire economy that profits from human misery.

Despite their white collar cover identities, their first task planet-side is much more blue collar: wilderness recon.  The prison itself is a little less than a mile north of town, on the other side of a coniferous evergreen forest.  While appropriate accommodations were made at an in-town hotel, driving off into the wilderness at strange hours on an ATV, not to mention spending so much time in Flossmore without formally visiting the prison, all would be considered very strange for a supposed visitor.  Despite the sub-zero temperatures, Team Leader Mr. Blonde decides the OPSEC benefits of braving a wilderness hide site for this initial phase is worth the potential frostbite.

The two-seater Gator ATV was exactly designed for this kind of short wilderness trip, and gets your two operators into the uninhabited wilderness overlooking the facility.  The electric mode of the hybrid motor allows for near-silent operation, allowing for stealthy mounted maneuvers relatively near the secure facilities.  While it lacks an enclosed interior to sleep in, the Gator ATV provides adequate payload for a short-duration two-man camp.  Your male and female operator will have to share a sleeping bag in a puptent, but surely they can keep it professional, right?

Using their hide site in the woods, your team begins 24 hour surveillance of the prison.  While neither operator has formal recon, engineering, or construction training, they do manage to a basic facility sketch.  The prison is an ugly amalgam of several grey two story reinforced concrete cell blocks.  An eight foot tall chain-link fence topped with razor wire encloses the facility as an outer perimeter.  To their relief, your operators don't see any external guard towers, and it seems like the prison guard force is entirely inward focused.  Perhaps it's the harsh weather, but no prisoners are visible outside.  Your operators had expected some kind of exercise yard for prisoner recreation, although this doesn't rule out an internal courtyard.

Your team persists long enough to establish a certain pattern of life for the facility.  Traffic can be broken into three distinct categories, each with their own gate to the prison.  Visitors travel via an hourly minibus to and from the a southern front gate.  As you would expect, these visits only occur during daylight hours.  Freight travels irregularly at all hours to a eastern service gate.  Prisoner transfers make up much of the freight traffic.  Employees of all sorts use the western employee gate.  A large coach bus makes a round-trip commute three times a day from the employee gate.  A small parking lot adjacent to the employee gate holds several personal vehicles used by the higher salary employees of Flossmore.

Of unusual note, a freshly paved road leads north of the prison to an active construction site.  Observed traffic between the two sites confirm they're related, including regular "chain-gang" work details.  Architecturally, the new buildings at the construction site are very different from the grey concrete prison.  The buildings have a pseudo Old World European look to them, clearly trying to fit some sort of aesthetic vision.  Presently, the construction site doesn't have much security, however it is actively worked enough that your team decides against risking a closer investigation.

Despite their attempts to peer into the facility using the FLIR optics, your team doesn't observe much.  With few exceptions, the loophole-like prison windows are tinted, sealed, and generally too small to view through.  Almost all the unsecured large windows are on the western side of the facility, near the employee gate.  Of particular note, a second story conference room is visible in this area through large picture windows.  The conference room seems to host two regular meetings at 0900 and 1700 everyday, in addition to other sporadic gatherings.  However, without audio capture, such as a laser microphone, your team is unable discern the contents or even general subject matter of these meetings.

After two nights in the cold, your team decides they've gathered as much recon as they could.  As they break camp, both look forward to how nice it's going to be staying in a hotel for the rest of the mission.

"But they got us booked separately to maintain our independent covers.  Aren't you going to miss all our snuggle time?"

Salt rolls her eyes, "Sorry cowboy.  I'll trade you for a duvet and some room service any day."

"Doovay?  Is that some lady product thing?"

"It's like a comforter, but not.  I'm sure your hotel bed will have one too."

"Comfort-her?  Don't mind if I do." Mr. Blonde jokes.

Salt feigns a laugh and carries on packing up camp.

After making their way to town, your team stashes the ATV and suspicious outdoors gear (FLIR binos and firearms) to assume their cover identity as upper-middleclass visitors.  Salt and Mr. Blonde clean-up well into business casual attire and find their way separately to the hotel.

The hotel desk clerk smiles, "So you're the second guest today with no photo id.  I already cleared it with my manager to accept the Flossmore pass only.  Any additional charges will be billed through there.  We assume you wouldn't want to compromise your loved one's Silver Savior rehabilitation package, correct?"

After lunch, Team Leader Mr. Blonde decides it's time to make his run.  As planned, he will conduct his meeting completely clean as a test run for the next operator.  On the off chance that they seize and search his smartphone, he decides to leave it in his hotel room safe.  As backup, Salt will be in the woods nearby with an ATV and shotgun should they need a quicker or more tactical getaway than the hourly shuttle bus.

Taking the minibus to the southern front gate, Mr. Blonde wasn't sure what to expect inside the prison, but it certainly wasn't this.  Visitor reception is designed to resemble an upscale hotel lobby of yore.  The check-in desk is manned by a chipper young blonde clerk dressed in a well kept retro uniform somewhere between a 1960's stewardess and a classic bellhop.

"Good afternoon to you, sir.  May I see your pass please?"

Mr. Blonde hands over the Amnesty provided document with his uninjured hand, "Mr. Rodrigo Lopez, here to visit Mr. Diego Lopez.  He's a prisoner here."

The blonde smiles politely while reviewing the pass and punching keys on a keyboard, "Prisoner is abit of a dirty word for us at Flossmore.  We prefer the term 'resident.'  I'll have our courtesy staff notify your brother that you have arrived.  I see that this is your first visit to Flossmore?"

"Yes, finally got the time off work to get over to Lossarnach."

"We at Flossmore are happy to hear that.  The rehabilitation of your loved one relies heavily on your support.  We understand the intense emotional and financial toll this must be on your family.  As a limited time offer, can we interest you in a meal plan upgrade to your Silver Savior package?  For half the usual fee, we can provide your loved one with one non-plant based protein for dinner."

"Oh, really?  I'll have to think about it."

"Please do, and be certain to discuss this offer with your loved one.  They say the stomach is the fastest way to a man's heart, after all!  However, this is a limited time off that expires upon your departure from Flossmore, so please don't let this fantastic opportunity to support your loved one get away!"

Unsure what expenses Amnesty will cover, Mr. Blonde decides to play it safe "Wow, I'll have to talk to Diego about it.  Thanks for the offer though."

"Absolutely Mr. Lopez.  Can I interest you in any other rehabilitation upgrades?  Silver Savior is already bundled with the Basic Hygiene package, but what about Premium Hygiene?"

"Premium Hygiene?"

"Ten gallons hot water daily, with choice of name brand soap, toothpaste, and deodorant.  That's double the Basic amount.  As a male, this will also include shaving supplies, in lieu of maxipads.  It's only a small markup for a tremendous value."

"Sounds like quite the deal.  Maybe after the visit?"

"Certainly Mr. Lopez.  Please see us then and we'll further discuss how to best rehabilitate your loved one.  If you head through the doors on my right, our courtesy staff will take you to see your loved one.  Again, thank you on behalf of Flossmore PCF for your continued support.  We're in the business of hope, and only with the help of visitors like you, can we provide that hope to both your loved one and others."

"Mr. Lopez" passes through a set of double doors and finds himself infront of two guards standing in front of a metal detector.  Their light blue pressed uniforms with heavy utility belts are unmistakeable law enforcement garb.  He hands over the Amnesty provided pass for inspection.

"Mr. Lopez, I see you enrolled in pre-check.  Excellent choice sir.  You can keep your shoes on, but please empty your pockets.  Also, I'm going to have to hold on to any electronic devices you brought."

Mr. Lopez complies readily, "Nothing to hide here fellas.  I already left my phone back at the hotel."

"Another good choice.  Nice and easy check-in and check-out."  The guard looks over the splinted arm.  "Ouch, how did you manage that?"

"Yeah, swang by the links at the Country Club since I was on-world.  Sliced the seven-iron out of the bunker and gave me a good sprain.  Shoulda teed it up, but I just had to try, you know?"

Unsurprisingly, neither guard has ever been able to afford greens fees either, and laughs along pretending to understand what he just said, "Ain't that the truth pal.  Looks like there's a metal shank in that thing though, does it come off?"

"I'm afraid not.  Doc even gave me a plastic bag for when I shower.  Hope it's not going to be a problem for you guys."

The guards look at each other, visibly pondering their options,  "Let me call it in to management.  See what we can do."

A guard take a push-to-talk (PTT) radio off his utility belt and engages in a lengthy discussion with a superior.  While he's waiting, Mr. Lopez takes the opportunity to size up the guards and their equipment loadout.  Both guards are middle-aged and pretty average looking, not especially muscular or otherwise physically conditioned.  As their physique also suggests a lack of martial arts skill, he assesses he probably could take one of them down in a fair fight if he had to.  Unfortunately, as Mr. Lopez is unarmed, a guard's utility belt is the great equalizer here.  Taser, OC pepper spray, and an ASP tactical baton are more than enough to win a melee against the most hardened of bare-handed brawlers.

A business-suit-wearing authority figure of some sort comes through the double doors from visitor reception.  He doesn't hesitate to reprimand the guards, "It's not Mr. Lopez's fault you guys forgot your training on search procedures of medical devices.  He's a valued visitor who paid well for Silver Savior AND pre-check!  You apologize for holding up Mr. Lopez, and get ready for re-training tonight.  Am I clear?"

The guards stand at attention during this berating and answer him affirmatively, "Yes sir."

The authority figure turns from the guards dismissively and addresses Mr. Lopez reassuringly, "My personal apologies on behalf of Flossmore PCF.  You know what they say about good help, amirite?  You said you injured yourself golfing at the Country Club?"

"That's right, got a few rounds in since I was onworld anyways."

"Ah, I see.  Again, our apologies for the delay.  Please enjoy your visit Mr. Lopez."

The figure leaves briskly and the guards quickly hand over Mr. Lopez's belongings.  "And of course I have to read you your rights.  Beyond this point, you anything you do, say, or otherwise communicate intentionally or unintentionally, may be recorded by Flossmore PCF.  As a licensed law enforcement entity, violations may result in immediate consequences against applicable visitors and/or residents, to include additional fees, package downgrades, and/or incarceration.  Do you affirm this notice?"

The guard had rattled off the statement in such a well-rehearsed and clearly oft repeated manner that Mr. Lopez isn't entirely sure he got it all, but it sure seems pretty straight-forward for a prison.  "Uh, I do?"

Mr. Lopez is led through a windowless hallway to tinted glass paned phone-booth with a stool.  Taking a seat on the stool starts a countdown clock and untints the glass, revealing a bearded younger man in an orange prison jumpsuit.  Picking up the old-fashioned landline phone, a hispanic voice comes through, "Ah, Rodrigo, my brother.  So good to see you."

Mr. Lopez quickly realizes he hadn't exactly planned what to converse with his "brother" about prior.  It's a safe assumption the phone is both monitored in real-time and recorded, so discussing anything mission pertinent was strictly out of the question.  "So, bro... how's it been?"

To his relief, Diego Lopez is fully prepared to fill the dead-air with chatter.  It's impressive in both the sheer amount of chatter produced as well as its complete banality.  "Did you know, Erica Kane has been married at least ten times during her forty years on All My Children, yet only seven were valid?  This is in start contrast to Jill Abbott of The Young and the Restless, who spent decades as a homewrecker before trying to settle down with Colin Atkinson..."

However, buried within the summation of numerous classic daytime TV shows, Mr. Lopez notices something.  Diego frequently does a subtle half wink within his lengthy monologues.  Mr. Lopez recognizes it must be some sort of code but lacks any sort of commo or cryptographic background to interpret it.  Unfortunately, he's also not carrying a button camera, so there's no way of reading this code either back at the hotel or shipside.

With a buzz of the clock, the window abruptly tints opaque and the phone line goes silent.  The Amnesty infiltrator was clearly trying to communicate something, but Mr. Lopez couldn't make heads or tails of it.  With a shrug, he leaves the booth to be escorted out.

Two uniformed guards meet him, "Mr. Lopez?  You must come with us immediately."

Mr. Lopez tries to brush them off casually, "I'd love to but, I got a bus and a flight to catch..."

"We must insist Mr. Lopez.  I'm sure the Assistant Warden will hold the bus for you."

Seeing as he has no choice, Mr. Lopez obliges and is led out of the secure area and through the double-doors to visitor reception.  From there, he's led into an office towards the western wing of the prison.  A placard on the door says "Calvin Oglivy, Assistant Warden."

Mr. Lopez immediately recognizes the authority figure from before.  A middle-aged man caucasian man, he energetically springs from his desk at first sight, "Ah, Mr. Lopez!  I'm so sorry for what happened earlier!"  He dismissively waves the two guards out of the room.  "I hope the delay didn't hamper your familial experience.  Studies have consistently found that prisoners who maintain close contact with their family members while incarcerated have better post-release outcomes and lower recidivism rates.  Your continued financial support of your loved one is critical to his rehabilitation.  I believe Cyndi upfront already spoke to you about upgrades to your loved one's Silver Savior package?  The meal plan upgrades are a perennial favorite among our residents here.  Premium Hygiene is also tremendous value you really should consider.  What say you?  I can cut you a helluva deal right here, right now."

Assistant Warden Oglivy speaks rapidly, seemingly getting that entire paragraph out in one breath.  Mr. Lopez is caught off guard and unsure how to handle this aggressive sales pitch, "Uh, that sounds good but I'll have to check my accounts."

Oglivy drives on relentlessly, "Oh, yes, yes.  I understand completely.  Now you seem like a helluva brother.  The kind of brother I wish I had growing up.  So I'm gonna cut you a real sweetheart deal right now.  Two weeks Premium Hygiene, free up front.  Your loved one doesn't like it?  Cancel any time.  Whaddaya say pal?  Let's hook a brother up with some Old Spice, amirite?"

"Uh... I don't know.  My finances..."

Oglivy interrupts, "Man, you drive a hard bargain.  From one businessman to another, I gotta respect that!  I can tell that's how you're doing so well back on Rivendell.  Tell you what, the Warden himself is gonna kill me for this offer, but let me sweeten the pot.  Premium Hygiene plus ten percent off your next visitor pass.  That's including the two weeks free.  One businessman to another, you'd be nuts to pass on this.  Whaddaya say pal?"

Realizing it's not his money and Amnesty could always cancel, Mr. Lopez relents, "How can I pass a deal like that?  Let's do this."

Oglivy reflexively goes to shake Mr. Lopez's bad hand and apologies, "Ah, my bad there!  Heard you picked that up at the Country Club.  Personally, I'm busting my ass to get down to scratch.  What's your handicap?"

Mr. Lopez misses the golf lingo entirely, "The doctor said this isn't permanent, and I should be fully recovered by the end of the month."

Oglivy pretends he didn't notice this and moves on to a new spiel, "Now I'm sure you already know this, but right now you're sitting on the hottest new tourist destination in the New Worlds.  72 holes of golf and forests chocked full of big game megafauna...  Lossarnach is the ultimate getaway from the glitterworlds.  Flossmore will soon be a part of this, and lucky for you, you arrived just in time for the soft opening.  Whaddaya think about that pal?"

"Uh..."

Oglivy doesn't wait for a response, "Now a testorone-fueled man beast like yourself surely likes to get abit more action on vacation than just whacking a little white ball around?  A man with biceps like that has got to blow off some steam now and then, amirite?"

Mr. Lopez crooks an eyebrow, unsure of where this conversation is going, "I guess?"

"Forget the Swearengen Clubs, I'm talking high-end erotic services here pal.  Sink some holes at the County Club, slay some dinos in the woods... then slay and sink some more holes right here, amirite pal?  It's the ultimate alpha male experience a guy like you deserves."

Mr. Lopez shifts uncomfortably in his seat, "But, how?"

"Oh, I see you're uncomfortable Mr. Lopez, but don't you worry.  These won't be the usual grannies we keep here at Flossmore."  Oglivy contorts his body in a mocking mimic of a cripple, "Oh... my arthritis!  But my financial advisor said it was rated AAA!  Oh... my insulin!"

Oglivy stamps his foot in a mock rimshot, "They disgust me too!  They're totally worthless!  I don't blame you for doubting me.  But what if I told you, we've got a seemingly endless supply of new residents?"

Mr. Lopez begins to feel his blood boil as he figures out where this discussion is going, "How is that possible?"

"Now I'm sure a modern interplanetary businessman such as yourself follows the news, correct?  AMR security forces have their hands full with the terrorists on Anghabar.  Union goons are killing hard-working folks and just running off into the hills.  But you see, everyone knows capital is always smarter than labor, that's why they're capital after all!  AMR is outsmarting these fools with next-of-kin targeting now.  ...and where do you think those next-of-kin end up?"

Oglivy chessily waves his finger in circles through the air, like fly buzzing around looking for a fresh piece of dogshit to land on.  He brings his finger down forcefully on his desk, "Right smack here in Flossmore."

"Those prisoners, er residents, from Anghabar are here?  How does this work?"

"Well that's the thing you see.  I know you're not a lawyer, but terrorists and terrorist associates don't qualify as prisoners under interstellar law.  They're Persons Under Control, P-U-C's.  'Pucks' don't have all those irritating Green Party restrictions on them, like our other residents do.  In fact, our legal counsel doesn't even like us calling them 'residents' to begin with.  So naturally, all those pesky restrictions against erotic services go right out the window!"

"And seeing the girls we get in everyday," Oglivy whistles lewdly, "boy am I glad for that!"

Mr. Lopez unclenches his good hand from a fist and fixates on a stapler on the desk.  A sturdy metal Swingline, he wonders how quickly he could bash in Oglivy's head with it.

"...Glitterworld girls are good and all, but we're talking unspoiled countrygirls here..."

Your operator continues to ruminate, "Blunt force trauma, while deeply satifying in these circumstances, could get loud and messy.  The shitbag is wearing a business suit... but frak, no neck tie.  There goes strangulation, especially one handed."

"...I'm talking more holes than the country club..."

"We're on the ground floor, so tossing him out window won't work.  It looks too small anyways.  Also probably need both hands to grapple, even for a white-collar motherfraker like him."

"...mammoth won't be the only fresh meat Lossarnach is known for, amirite..."

"Nice sturdy pen on the desktop.  I always wanted to try the magic trick from the Dark Knight.  Bit of a long shot..."

Oglivy interrupts your operator's internal dialog, "So have I sold you yet, Mr. Lopez?"

Mr. Lopez blinks a few times trying to shake himself back into character, "Uh, that's quite the pitch.  But like I said, my finances are tight right now..."

Oglivy keeps pressing, "I can see you're conflicted about this.  No judgements here, but let me put this out there.  We can arrange boys at your discretion.  Your privacy is of our utmost importance.  We're providing an elite entertainment service for you, and privacy is absolutely a part of that package."

"Whoa there buddy, I'm not..."

"Like I said Mr. Lopez, no judgements here.  I'll tell you what.  You don't have to sign up here, I'll set you up with the invite code: ELSA69.  Call it in at your leisure and we'll get you booked then.  While we'd like to keep it a referral only service, feel free to share that invite code with your friends at the Country Club.  I'm sure some of your more alpha pals would be dying for a piece of this action."

"ELSA69... Thanks for the offer."

Oglivy shows Mr. Lopez out of his office.  Your operator almost wheels around to strike Oglivy after he playfully slaps him on the back, "Next month's opening may be soft, but I'm sure you won't be!  See you there."

Everything is a bit of a blur (albeit a red-tinged one) as Mr. Lopez finds his way back to the hotel.  He was expecting bad, but he wasn't expecting institutionalized sex trafficking fed by war crimes.  Crashing onto the hotel room bed, Mr. Blonde tries to calm down and sort his recon into something he can brief Salt for her follow-on mission.  Without any audio/visual recordings or handwritten notes, Mr. Blonde's reporting is based solely on his memory, and what he noticed at the time.

Later that night Salt arrives at his hotel room as scheduled.  Mr. Blonde rattles off what he saw that day while pacing around the room increasingly furious.

"What you're saying is insane.  They just dropped that in your lap?"

"Yes.  Must've fit their profile for rich fraked-up assholes too well."

"Shame we couldn't get it recorded.  I doubt I'll get the same VIP one-on-one."

"Yeah, you're supposed to be seeing your husband, but maybe you can drop hints somehow?"

"Like what, show up in a Xena Warrior Princess cosplay?"

"Wait, Xena wasn't gay."

"She was coded as frak, cowboy.  But yeah, I don't see that working at all."

"Guess Amnesty will have to take my word on it then.  Maybe your guy (Karim Abbas, right?) might have something to say about it?  Diego Lopez was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't figure it out."

"I may have been an honor student back in the day, but I'm still no cryptoanalyst.  That's why we have the button cams.  Speaking of, how was security inside?"

"Well the good news is that Amnesty's pre-check visitor pass worked, and by chance they didn't search my splint.  The bad news is that they almost certainly will check yours if you try.  I saw the guards got chewed out for it."

"Well there goes that plan.  But you said the pre-check worked?"

"Yeah, Amnesty really nailed the advance work.  They practically rolled out the red carpet for me the whole time there.  All I had to do was empty my pockets."

"...and why didn't higher send you with the button cam again?"

"Supposedly there was some consternation about that.  Anyhow, I got waved through because the Assistant Warden really wanted to pitch me later.  I was supposed to empty my pockets and go through a metal detector.  Might've been some kind of frisk at the end, but I can't confirm that."

"Seriously?"

"I mean, it is a no-contact meet and they do want these visitors to keep buying more passes.  Classic profit over security move.  Really rules out the cavity search..."

Your two operators make eye contact with a flash of simultaneous inspiration that quickly decays into disgust.

"..."

"I mean, I know I'm the Team Leader here, but this isn't an order I want to give."

"..."

"You know what I'm getting at right?"

"I know, I know.  The old 'women have more hiding places then men' routine.  It's the only way to do this cowboy."

Mr. Blonde sighs, "I want to nail these motherfrakers too, but this is too dangerous.  We got this in the bag already.  I got a first-hand confession from the Assistant Warden..."

"...that we don't have recorded or any hard evidence for..."

"And who knows if Karim Abbas even has anything to report?"

"Diego Lopez sure did.  And even if we don't understand their signals, presumably Amnesty will if we send them the video."

"Yeah, and if shit goes south, they call you a 'terrorist associate' and you end up another puck?  Is this worth it?"

"Yes."

Mr. Blonde shrugs and brings their meeting to a close, "If you think you can do this, you have my full support.  Mission goes on as planned."

"Thank you."

As Salt goes to leave for the night, Mr. Blonde motions for her to stop, "One last thing, when you said this was worth it, did you mean the contract or the cause?"

Salt answers only with a smirk before leaving for the night.

**Break for Part 2**
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:17:29 am by ConscriptFive »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2020, 02:10:06 am »

Mission Report (5/5)

**Amnesty Investigation of Flossmore, Part Two**

The next morning, Salt becomes Mrs. Leila Abbas, ready to visit her husband Karim Abbas at the prison.  Just like Mr. Blonde, she will be unarmed and without her smartphone, just in case it gets searched.  However, she'd not completely innocent, as she brings a button cam *well* concealed upon her body.  Mr. Blonde is posted in the woods with an ATV and shotgun as an emergency getaway.

Mrs. Abbas makes it to reception and just as Mr. Blonde confirmed, the visitor pass in legitimate.  She grins her way through Cyndi's attempt at upselling package upgrades before passing through the double doors to the security checkpoint.

The two uniformed guards greet her while fighting off yawn, "Good morning ma'am.  May I see your visitor pass."

Mrs. Abbas smiles sheepishly and hands it over.

"Pleased to meet you Mrs. Abbas.  I see you're pre-checked.  Excellent choice ma'am.  You can keep your shoes on, but please empty your pockets.  Also, I'm going to have to hold on to any electronic devices you brought."

Mrs. Abbas shakes her head meekly, "No phone today."

"That's just fine ma'am.  Nice and easy check-in and check-out.  We'll get you right to your husband in a moment."

Mrs. Abbas is led through a metal detector.  The guard glances upward at the readout, "There you go ma'am.  Too easy, right?  Just follow that gentleman over there, and he'll take you onward."

Before she can leave the checkpoint, he interrupts, "One more thing...  Beyond this point, you anything you do, say, or otherwise communicate intentionally or unintentionally, may be recorded by Flossmore PCF.  As a licensed law enforcement entity, violations may result in immediate consequences against applicable visitors and/or residents, to include additional fees, package downgrades, and/or incarceration.  Do you affirm this notice?"

Mrs. Abbas nods, "Yes, yes."

As Mrs. Abbas is escorted down the hallway to the visitation booth, the stops and waves at her escort, "Bathroom, bathroom."

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I'm supposed to take you direct to visitation."

"Bathroom, bathroom, emergency!"

"Okay, okay, ma'am.  Right this way."

The guard waits outside as Mrs. Abbas hurriedly enters a closet-sized staff restroom.  Taking a moment to ensure the guard doesn't follow her in, she digs deep to recover the hidden button cam.  Briskly polishing the camera lens with the silk of her hijab, she activates and emplaces the camera up her sleeve.  Checking herself in the mirror, the camera lens isn't even visible unless she rests her left arm pointing at the viewer.  A flush of the toilet finishes the ruse, and she's again on her way to meet her husband.

Sitting down in the visitation booth reveals a bearded olive-skinned man in an orange jumpsuit through the window, "My dear Leila!  I'm so happy to see you!"

Exactly like Diego, Karim rambles a banal monologue regarding the considerable amount of daytime TV he apparently watches.  "...and that's when Marlena was possessed by Shaytan when Stefano drugged and raped her!  She was levitating I tell you.  Days of Our Lives had an exorcism and everything!  Pure madness!"

Mrs. Abbas immediately recognizes the non-verbal ticks Mr. Blonde reported and angles the button camera hoping to fully record it.  She raises her left knee to steady her arm in the booth in an attempt to look natural.

Before long, the clock buzzes and the window tints.  Karim Abbas was definitely trying to communicate something, but his signals were inscrutable to her as well.  She only hopes the button camera caught it all.

Two uniformed guards meet her, "Mrs. Abbas?  You must come with us immediately."

Mrs. Abbas hesitates as if she doesn't understand.  Meanwhile she notices the second guard already has his hand resting on the handcuffs on his utility belt.  It's just enough of a tell to let Evelyn Salt know that they're onto her.

Feigning panic, Salt raises her hands in the air quickly in mock surrender, whipping her left arm enough to intentionally fling the button camera down the hallway.  As she hoped, both guards instinctively look to follow the rattling object down the hallway.  This gives her just enough time to launch in a full sprint back towards the entrance.

"LOCKDOWN! LOCKDOWN!" yell out the guards.

Meanwhile, Mr. Blonde turns on the ignition to the ATV and readies his shotgun.  Even from the woodline, he can hear the klaxons blaring throughout the prison.  Shit has indeed gone south, and he only hopes the getaway plan works.  A recorded voice plays over the loudspeaker,  "Lockdown procedures.  Lockdown procedures."

Unencumbered with an head start and excellent physical conditioning, Salt breaks away from the first two guards in their attempt at pursuit.  Clearly they had underestimated a meek Muslim housewife.  Rounding the corner to the security checkpoint at the double doors, she sees that they're expecting her.  One guard stands ready with his metal ASP baton extended while another goes to lock the doors.

Trying not to lose momentum, she continues her sprint into a charge on the armed guard.  The desperate move catches him unexpectedly, and with a metallic clang he fumbles his baton onto the floor.  When he tries to recover his weapon, Salt closes fast enough to deliver a crushing elbow to his temple.  Not a hardened fighter, the armed guard falls limp while she continues her sprint to the double doors to visitor reception.

The guard at the doors had looked up from operating the lock as he heard metal baton clang off the floor.  Seeing his partner rapidly disposed of by the charging female operator, he draws his OC pepper spray and begins hosing down the hallway.

Breathing hard from a long sprint, hand-to-hand combat, and a general fear of fate worse than death, the OC pepper agent in a confined hallway hits her lungs hard.  Gasping for breath, she stumbles to her knees.  Her eyes burning and watered, the last thing she sees is a blurred figure charging her with a weapon in his hand.

Meanwhile, Mr. Blonde holds his position in the woodline, "Where the frak are you!?!"

When the klaxons stop and the "All Clear" sounds, he knows he just got his answer.  Pounding his one good fist into the steering wheel, he drives directly to their hotel rooms to fully sanitize them before they get searched.  Hastily packed with both their luggage, he floors it to the spaceport (the ATV's 50 hp engine reaching a blazing 40 mph on the icy roads.)

Safely aboard the shuttle, he does the last thing he can do for her:  "Central, Central.  Delta reporting one Operator DUSTWUN, likely MISCAP.  I say again.  Delta reporting one Operator DUSTWUN, likely MISCAP.  OVER."

Enraged at his own failings as a Team Leader, Mr. Blonde keeps it together long enough to fully brief Sam and Neil for the final report to Amnesty Interstellar.  His work complete, he storms off for 'personal time' and is rarely seen for the rest of the month.

Despite confirming receipt of the report, Amnesty Interstellar takes several days to formally reply:

"Amnesty Interstellar has invested much time, effort, and resources on following potential human rights violations at Flossmore PCF.  Your investigative report corroborates, but does not confirm, some of our other unpublished investigative journalism.  Without concrete evidence, such as audio/visual recordings or sworn statements, it's still too soon to publish.  It is a tragedy you did not record your interactions with Assistant Warden Calvin Oglivy.  We could have nipped this atrocity in the bud with a confession that flagrant."

"The soft opening invite code is promising, but might be too far outside our budget to even use."

"Both Mr. Lopez and Mr. Abbas bravely made tremendous personal sacrifices to enable this investigation.  While we are sure you understand our needs to protect sources and methods, we are disappointed you could not communicate meaningfully with either prisoner.  Given the intense peril Mr. Lopez is in, it would be too dangerous to attempt to recontact him in the near future.  Of more pressing concern, we have received notice that Mr. Abbas has been found in violation of the Terms of Service for his Silver Savior Package.  He has accordingly been placed under mandatory Ascetic Therapy, and for all intents and purposes, is lost to us."

"While your investigation was successful in uncovering human rights violations, you did so poorly and at tremendous cost, both human and financial.  Most notably, you failed to identify any specific so-called 'pucks' that we could further research prior to next month's soft opening.  Furthermore, you compromised Mr. Abbas, with possibly lethal consequences.  We also noticed some rather excessive expenses, including the package upgrade for Mr. Lopez and various hotel room service fees.  We've itemized and deducted those expenses from your payout."

"We understand you lost a female investigator inside the prison.  In all sincerity, you have our thoughts and prayers.  Should she be recovered, we would like to offer her an on the record interview regarding the abuse she suffered in custody."

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:26:51 am by ConscriptFive »

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2020, 02:12:39 am »

Turn Three

"Did you hear about that doctor going full native on Anghabar?"
"The one doing the masked propaganda videos?  Nostagia'd himself as Norman Bethune.  A very apt commie pinko nom de guerre if I say so myself."
"It gets better.  He defected with a bunch of Red Cross personnel and supplies too.  IRC had to abandon the planet before AMR started targeting everything they had."

--Overheard gossip at Twenty Forward Lounge on Mothership Leviathan

Contact Phase

Sam and Neil sit down grimly in the conference room.  Neil looks to Sam, "So much happened last month, I don't know where to even start."

"Fine, we'll start with some client feedback.  We managed to fully satisfy two of four of the contracts we signed last month.  Both Doctor Throckmorton at the Red Cross and Marshal York at Harad Marshals were happy with how things went.  Agent Barclay at AMR CI FP was unsatisfied, and just sent us another message this morning.  Would you like me to read it or just summarize?"

You rub your forehead in exhaustion, you remember his post-mission reply and know this can't be good, "Your call Sam."

"It's a short one:

While I appreciate a good deception campaign as much as the next CI professional, I don't appreciate being on the receiving end of it.  Somehow your idiot's interrogation log leaked to the higher ups, and now every agency (CI FP included) are chasing the "Kringle Krew" in New Dublin now.  Besides being forced into a wild goose chase, New Dublin is going to be too hot this month to do intelligence ops in.  Thanks a lot."

Neil chuckles darkly, "Eh, Ethan is on medical leave anyways.  That kid deserves a do-over."

"We'll get to the casualty report in a moment.  As for our last client, Amnesty Interstellar.  They were disappointed, but we did well enough to exploit that follow-up if they're willing to break the bank for that Flossmore invitation."

Sam motions to Neil to begin his part, "Speaking of Flossmore, some major developments came in overnight.  The Mothership Leviathan Clinic got a formal request from Flossmore PCF related to Evelyn Salt's TI implant.  While these requests are usually a post-mortem autopsy situation, Flossmore PCF told the Clinic it's from a detained female who refuses to identify herself or her origins.  The Clinic upheld our NDA, and refused to confirm or deny that it was one of their implants."

You anxiously stroke your hair, "So she's alive but keeping her mouth shut.  So far, so good.  But how do we get her out without straight-up confessing to the intrusion?"

"Well, this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened.  The Mothership Commandant cleans up these kind of messes for ship-dwellers like us.  We pay his fee and give him a blank check to negotiate a ransom.  They'll probably get spooked that they grabbed some New Monaco kid gone rogue, and settle quietly before they face the wrath of the One Percent.  Including the Commandant's commision, he estimates he can recover her for 30-50k.  Unless you object, I strongly recommend we do this ASAP."

Sam interjects, "Now this is full devil's advocate speaking.  We still have the option of fully disavowing her as well.  Though I see absolutely no good reason to do so.  First off, it would be a betrayal of an operator in good standing.  Also, from a standpoint of pure dollars and cents, it would actually be more expensive to replace her and we still wouldn't be able to get the new recruit TI-modded for several months."

"Gorramit Sam, then why did you even bring it up?  'Ma'am, here's an unethical proposal, that'll likely devastate our company culture, and makes no business sense.'  What the frak?"

"Mrs. Ocean needs to know her options, even if they're terrible."

Neil sighs, "Anyhow, as you probably already deduced, I had to spent a lot of time at the Clinic this month.  I'll start with the good news and work my way down... So Simon Templar was unlucky enough to receive a mortal gunshot wound, but also lucky enough to be within arms reach of a famous trauma surgeon at the time.  Following extensive blood products, he's made a full recovery and returned to duty without restrictions.  Vincent 'Mr. Blond' Vega's arm injury has also fully healed, and has also been cleared for unrestricted duty.  Getting into the bad news, Ethan Hunt's hand was too badly mangled to be saved and had to be amputated.  He's been fitted with a prosthetic hand, and will be taking this month off for appropriate physical therapy.  Finally, there's the matter of Angus MacGuyver.  There's no easy way to say this, but he will be euthanized later today."

You reel at the last bit of unexpected news, "Wait, the operator who's been hospitalized since the Red River Riot?  I thought he was in stable condition?"

"True, but stable in a bad way.  Here's how the doctors explained it to me.  The TI implant provides a backup copy of brain brain functions.  Memories, executive functions, fine motor, gross motor... literally everything.  Unfortunately, that everything can and will include brain damage or psych disorders.  Now trying to re-engineer someone's mind makes cloning their body look easy.  The neurologists try to 'revert' what they can, but too long in a brain damage state can become too pervasive a part of the brain to isolate and and correct."

"So if we let him sit like that for six months until his scheduled new body, the damage would be permanent?"

"That's what it sounded like.  They need to put his TI implant into full hibernation ASAP, and he has to die for that to happen.  I mean, he'll be back, good as new, next FTL jump... but he's still technically the new crew's first fatality.  I don't know if you want to be there when they pull the plug, or how you even want to announce this.  But, it is, what it is, I guess."

A pause settles in as Sam waits to confirm that Neil has finished the casualty report, "As for new business, our full contact list is avaiable, except for AMR CI FP and Flossmore."

"Here's an updated list of contacts for the month."

Spoiler: Contact List (click to show/hide)

"We still have the contract from the Country Club waiting for us.  As usual, I can work out something with up to five other contacts.  While we don't have the manpower anymore to go as wide as we did this last month, it doesn't hurt to shop.  Here are my recommendations:"

Quote from: Contacts Vote (pick 5)
(NA) Lossarnach Country Club: FREE PICK
(0) Potter Properties:
(0) Anghabar Mining and Refining:
(1) Tyrell Dynamics: Sam
(0) Anghabar Mining and Refining CI FP: **UNAVAILABLE**
(0) Los Tornadoes:
(1) Swearengen's Gentlemen's Club: Sam
(0) Slavic Vor:
(0) Casa Nuova:
(1) Goodhaven Sheriff: Sam
(0) Harad Marshals:
(0) Flossmore Warden:  **UNAVAILABLE DUE TO CONFLICT**
(0) Coalition Expeditionary Forces:
(1) Interstellar Red Cross: Sam
(1) Amnesty Interstellar: Sam
(0) United Labor Movement:
(0) United Green Party:
(0) Interstellar Geographic Society:

Quote from: Ransom Vote
(1) Pay 30-50k to recover Evelyn Salt from captivity: Ops Chief
(0) "We have no idea who you're talking about."

Quote from: OOC: Writing Contest
Describe or fully write how you'd like to respond to Angus MacGuyver's pending death.  Is it a ceremony or do you brush off death as no big deal?  How do you even announce it to the rest of Ocean PMC?  Is it time for a pep talk or solemn reflection?  Should you take the opportunity to announce or fine tune any code of conduct rules while you've got everyone gathered, or would that seem inappropriate?  As before, this event will lock and then resolve during operations voting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:25:23 am by ConscriptFive »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Space Cowboys for Hire (A PvE AR-like) [Turn 3]
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2020, 03:18:08 am »

Really should have just given him the button camera guys :V

(2) Pay 30-50k to recover Evelyn Salt from captivity: Ops Chief, Stirk

In the future we might have to mount a rescue operation (or if we are reaaaaaaaly desperate get Blackwater to do it), but it seems like the obvious thing to do now. I think this is the GM slapping our wrist to show us how getting captured works.

(0) Potter Properties:
(1) Anghabar Mining and Refining: Stirk
(2) Tyrell Dynamics: Sam, Stirk
(0) Los Tornadoes:
(0) Slavic Vor:
(0) Casa Nuova:
(2) Goodhaven Sheriff: Sam, Stirk
(0) Harad Marshals:
(1) Interstellar Red Cross: Sam
(2) Amnesty Interstellar: Sam, Stirk
(0) United Green Party:
(1) Interstellar Geographic Society: Stirk

Not a lot to say on choice. Mostly people who we worked before, don't hate us, and might have a job ready. I'm not sure the Red Cross will have a job for a while with their whole "GTFO from this system" thing, AMR has some strikebreaking to do, Tyrell probably has made progress on their mission by this point, the Law Enforcement guys are still open, and Interstellar might be getting ready for a story before we shoot the tigers back into extinction.

Describe or fully write how you'd like to respond to Angus MacGuyver's pending death.  Is it a ceremony or do you brush off death as no big deal?  How do you even announce it to the rest of Ocean PMC?  Is it time for a pep talk or solemn reflection?  Should you take the opportunity to announce or fine tune any code of conduct rules while you've got everyone gathered, or would that seem inappropriate?  As before, this event will lock and then resolve during operations voting.

I'll probably write something up later. If we end up treating it like a death death then there is no point to the whole reviving scheme at all. If we treat it as nothing then we look callous. Best option is probably to treat it as a grievous injury in the line of duty, respectfully note it and promise to take measures to avoid outcomes like this in the future. Then see if they're in the mood for a "Welcome Back" party when his revive comes around.

Edit: Eh, probably should follow up on that code under the assumption our broken arm guy wasn't caught.

And before I forget, we should reaaaaaly think about getting some fake IDs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:28:47 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2020, 03:59:27 am »

(3) Pay 30-50k to recover Evelyn Salt from captivity: Ops Chief, Stirk, SC777

(0) Potter Properties:
(2) Tyrell Dynamics: Sam, Stirk
(0) Los Tornadoes:
(1) Slavic Vor: SC777
(0) Casa Nuova:
(3) Goodhaven Sheriff: Sam, Stirk, SC777
(0) Harad Marshals:
(2) Interstellar Red Cross: Sam, SC777
(3) Amnesty Interstellar: Sam, Stirk, SC777
(0) United Green Party:
(1) Interstellar Geographic Society: Stirk, SC777

I feel like the IGS, IRC, AI, and GS have the highest chance of performing the most easy of missions that will most likely result in basic to either cloak and dagger stuff. However I vote for the Slavic Vor to get Int some criminal activity, large-value operations to compromise that we are both paying for a ransom, and maybe they would give us a mission where we can finally find usage for our door-opening explosives like a bank heist or raid or something, and we also get Russian Mafia memes and can some combat stuff to do while are also doing some general good guy stuff.

Evelyn Salt is an obvious, and if she’s still mentally stable after her being in custody, my bets is hear for to get some training or that and Simon Taylor can get some basic infantry tactician and officer training. Anyways with 8 people I believe, I think we are going to do the 2-3 mission range for a while, the 4 mission just stretches out a bit too much since it’s just so likelihood of failure with two only operators, unless their very skilled.

Quote from: SC’s Proposal for Angus
Mrs. Ocean would form a short requiem that would be a opt-in for any of the Ocean’s Eleven where she would give a short and sweet eulogy for this “Angus” and a solemn reflection for the future of Ocean’s Eleven, that would be located in the main meeting room.

“I was never really one for this spirituality as a whole, especially with the advent of postmodern technology that has revolutionized mankind and the culture apart of this ship, however I recognize that the technology of cloning and the creation of the TI implants that live within all of us tell us a story of cybernetics and the pursuit of immortality that all of human civilization has dreamed off. The loss of life is always the most worse thing that humanity as a whole can experience, the truth in retrospect is that no one is ever really gone. Indeed while Angus has not been with us long and only partook in one mission, he’s still apart of our team, our Ocean’s Ten of the best of the best and the ones with the most camaraderie and trusted bonds between each other. While Angus will not get a body to have until one next jump, he’s still here in a metaphorical sense for us, for the future critical decisions we make. Apart of the soul of our team that we will watch out for each other and never leave one behind, ever again. Without our own due vigilance on the tasks we have from mine to all of you and the critical aspect of taking the responsibility of our own actions, our people and innocents get into the crossover and lose their lives, and for the penurious will never have a new body again. Angus has a taken a heroic sacrifice for him to be incapacitated on the line of duty to protect the lives of his fellow compatriots and to reduce the loss of lives, and for that we applaud him and hope that in his full recovery, he can watch the back of his squad again.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2020, 09:16:12 am »

(4) Pay 30-50k to recover Evelyn Salt from captivity: Ops Chief, Stirk, SC777, King Zultan

(0) Potter Properties:
(3) Tyrell Dynamics: Sam, Stirk, King Zultan
(0) Los Tornadoes:
(2) Slavic Vor: SC777, King Zultan
(0) Casa Nuova:
(4) Goodhaven Sheriff: Sam, Stirk, SC777, King Zultan
(0) Harad Marshals:
(2) Interstellar Red Cross: Sam, SC777
(4) Amnesty Interstellar: Sam, Stirk, SC777, King Zultan
(0) United Green Party:
(3) Interstellar Geographic Society: Stirk, SC777, King Zultan

Quote from: SC’s Proposal for Angus
Mrs. Ocean would form a short requiem that would be a opt-in for any of the Ocean’s Eleven where she would give a short and sweet eulogy for this “Angus” and a solemn reflection for the future of Ocean’s Eleven, that would be located in the main meeting room.

“I was never really one for this spirituality as a whole, especially with the advent of postmodern technology that has revolutionized mankind and the culture apart of this ship, however I recognize that the technology of cloning and the creation of the TI implants that live within all of us tell us a story of cybernetics and the pursuit of immortality that all of human civilization has dreamed off. The loss of life is always the most worse thing that humanity as a whole can experience, the truth in retrospect is that no one is ever really gone. Indeed while Angus has not been with us long and only partook in one mission, he’s still apart of our team, our Ocean’s Ten of the best of the best and the ones with the most camaraderie and trusted bonds between each other. While Angus will not get a body to have until one next jump, he’s still here in a metaphorical sense for us, for the future critical decisions we make. Apart of the soul of our team that we will watch out for each other and never leave one behind, ever again. Without our own due vigilance on the tasks we have from mine to all of you and the critical aspect of taking the responsibility of our own actions, our people and innocents get into the crossover and lose their lives, and for the penurious will never have a new body again. Angus has a taken a heroic sacrifice for him to be incapacitated on the line of duty to protect the lives of his fellow compatriots and to reduce the loss of lives, and for that we applaud him and hope that in his full recovery, he can watch the back of his squad again.”
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2020, 04:11:21 pm »

OOC: Alright counting the votebox, looks like: Goodhaven Sheriff, Amnesty Interstellar, Int Geo, and Tyrell Dynamics.  Slavic Vor and the Red Cross are tied in fifth place.  For tie-breaking purposes, player votes (Mrs. Ocean) outweigh default votes (Sam or Neil), so Slavic Vor wins the tie right now.  However, votes aren't locked in yet.  If any other players want to vote, or anyone wants to change their votes, please do so.  I'd like to move onto the next phase in the next 24-48 hours.

(0) Potter Properties:
(3) Tyrell Dynamics: Sam, Stirk, King Zultan
(0) Los Tornadoes:
(2) Slavic Vor: SC777, King Zultan
(0) Casa Nuova:
(4) Goodhaven Sheriff: Sam, Stirk, SC777, King Zultan
(0) Harad Marshals: