Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Devsheet possibilities  (Read 965 times)

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Devsheet possibilities
« on: October 06, 2019, 08:18:24 am »

Engraving the name of any deity with the appropriate spheres generates a melee-only (aoe?) protection effect on the user. A nice subtle little shoutout, I thought.  EDIT: Yes, people like myself (that is to say, Aspergers types) have, in my case, an unfortunate habit of occasionally extracting meaning, where given hindsight, it does not in fact correlate.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:31:09 pm by Silverwing235 »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Devsheet possibilities
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:16:12 am »

Quote from: devsheet
* Generated skills and attributes to support diverse magic systems
For example: Engraving the name of any deity with the appropriate spheres generates a melee-only (aoe?) protection effect on the user. A nice subtle little shoutout, I thought.
To terrible suggestions thread. I want DF without cheap RPG magic. What about real grimoir magic? Like shooting icon for achieve from demons ability to kill three or four enemies every day, drying wells from Koraktor or transforming staff into snake.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:40:42 am »

Quote from: devsheet
* Generated skills and attributes to support diverse magic systems
For example: Engraving the name of any deity with the appropriate spheres generates a melee-only (aoe?) protection effect on the user. A nice subtle little shoutout, I thought.
To terrible suggestions thread. I want DF without cheap RPG magic. What about real grimoir magic? Like shooting icon for achieve from demons ability to kill three or four enemies every day, drying wells from Koraktor or transforming staff into snake.
The item in the Develpment notes (procedurally generated skills  and attributes to fit with the world creation myth and generated magical properties of creatures and worlds) has nothing to do with whatever the op is talking about, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:09:32 am »

Not to mention that bluntly telling someone their suggestion is terrible isn't exactly very nice.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 10:56:55 pm »

To terrible suggestions thread

To the asshole comments thread.