Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyslexia Font Tileset  (Read 3845 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Dyslexia Font Tileset
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:12:42 pm »

So I recently learned that there is a special font to increase readability, especially for people with dyslexia. We already have color schemes for color-blind people; why not a text font for people that have trouble reading the tiny Df menus.

I used https://www.dafont.com/open-dyslexic.font as a basis. Apparently they use all kinds of nifty tricks to make it more readable; from thicker bottoms, unique glyphs, kerning, etc.

Tileset, 12x20:

Spoiler: Wall of text (click to show/hide)

Maybe someone can make use of it,
Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dyslexia Font Tileset
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:53:16 pm »

The anti-aliasing undoes any benefit granted by the letter shapes. It needs to be much crisper to actually improve readability.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Dyslexia Font Tileset
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 06:44:57 am »

The anti-aliasing undoes any benefit granted by the letter shapes. It needs to be much crisper to actually improve readability.
maybe, but it stil ldoes work at least a little better than vanilla or curses800x600
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)