Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]  (Read 40606 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]
« on: October 07, 2019, 04:46:47 pm »

XCOM headquarters lay in ruins.

The attack had come without warning, an alien battleship breaking orbit and flying straight towards the top-secret site.  Fighters were scrambled to meet it, but it was already too late.  Under intense fire from interceptors and ground-based defenses, the battleship dropped off hundreds of soldiers: sectoids, thin men, mutons, even the dreaded cryssalids and cyberdisks.  As it finally fell from the sky a burning husk, it gave one last act of defiance, its main guns carving a hole in the mountainside: a path straight into XCOM HQ.

Casualties were high, but contingencies were executed to the letter.  Key personnel and equipment were evacuated from the moment the battleship broke orbit, while soldiers and base security held the line in a fighting retreat.  As air support from nearby air bases arrived, air superiority was regained and the evacuation began in earnest.  While the base was lost, much of XCOMs equipment and personnel was saved, relocated through several US military bases before finally making their way to a backup site, far from prying eyes.

Now begins the process of rebuilding, recruiting, and most importantly, finding out how, exactly, the aliens knew exactly where to strike.

Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6

Welcome! Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6 uses the current Beginner's Mafia setup, but lacks the teaching aspect and beginner requirements.  Also, LYLO/MYLO end times are handled the way other days are handled.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Potential Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Players:
1. Naturegirl1999
2. IcyTea31
3. dolores
4. TricMagic
5. Pooka
6. kingawsume
7. Questorhank
8. IonMatrix
9. hector13

Replacements:

Though no public announcement was made, orders were passed down the chain of command to nine soldiers: Central Officer Bradford wished to speak with them for debriefing following the attack.  Provided with the orders were directions to his new office, in a far-flung wing of the new XCOM headquarters.  One by one, the soldiers made their way there, forming a quiet queue outside the closed office.  As time wore on, small talk started up among those waiting, and it came out that all nine were supposedly scheduled for their meeting at the exact same time.  Growing suspicious, one of the them knocked on the door to the office.  A few minutes and no response later, they grew bold enough to open the door and invite themselves in.

Central was not inside.  Instead, there was an empty desk with a memo detailing their situation.  They were all suspects in an ongoing investigation into the attacks on XCOM HQ, and would be isolated from the rest of the base and cut off from communications until the investigation had completed.  In the meantime, they should take note of any suspicious behavior they believe would aid in the investigation.

The first day of lockdown has begun.

The game has begun! It is now Day.

Quote from: Votecount
Not voting: dolores, hector13, IcyTea31, IonMatrix, kingawsume, Naturegirl1999, Pooka, Questorhank, TricMagic

Day One ends on 2019-09-10 18:00 EST.
Extension is available, requiring 4 votes.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:02:06 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 1]
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 04:53:29 pm »

Bottom of the page Superdorf.  For future reference.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 04:59:19 pm »

bruh who makes the start of the game a new thread

hector13 you owe me lunch money
Which of these nerds who I haven't played with before (ion, hawk,nature,pooka) should I actually expect conventional play from and which ones am I going to have to wring blood from a stone to get to vote?
TricMagic what day would you claim if you were the cop?
Naturegirl ask pooka a question. I'm going to make you the target of my D1 lynch (scum notwithstanding) if I'm not satisfied with the quality of the content you're able to produce from it
IcyTea31 assuming you're scum, would it be wise to anticipate that you'll intentionally disrupt the flow of the game so that it stalls and dies from a lack of activity, a la bullying webadict into chucking a hissy?
kingasume Questorhank IonMatrix
Tricmagic why'd you feel the need to make this a seperate post
instead of including it in an actual post like you'd expect someone to do. Were you not intending on posting straight away even though the game has started and you're here?
kingasume Questorhank IonMatrix  assuming you're the cop, are you the type of person to try and softclaim cop on D1? Assuming you're noncop town, are you the type of perso nto try to softclaim cop on D1?

I didn't get the alignment I wanted but got the best role in the game instead.
Yes, that means that you can't ask me what role I'd have wanted without rolefishing. Neener Neener

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 05:02:58 pm »

I, er, have no idea how to unlock a locked thread. I've never had to lock a thread before.
Nevertheless, the game has begun! In the interest of moving things along swiftly, I've created a fresh thread here.
Apologies.   :-X
Superdorf Could you copy the potential roles and rules list into the OP of this thread so I can check it here without opening the other one?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 05:06:18 pm »

Cop claim in this game would be as soon as I have information.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:07:05 pm »

Superdorf Could you copy the potential roles and rules list into the OP of this thread so I can check it here without opening the other one?
Yeah sure! Sorry about the-- ah-- hiccup:-\

Thanks.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 05:09:55 pm »

Even with something like an innocent report on a player who's not really under heat? Is the intention to try to force claim/counterclaims to a point or do you actually think it has merit in and of itself?
You going to look to counterclaim cop claims if you have no information?
Any reason you decided to post a one line answer instead on it's own without answering my other question, adding commentary, or y'know, asking questions of your own, TricMagic?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 05:25:46 pm »

@Pooka
Why haven’t you posted yet?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »

Why haven’t you posted yet?
Because the game started five seconds ago and they're not here
Try again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 05:43:08 pm »

@Pooka
Do you think mass claims are something that should be done early, mid game, or late game? Why?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 05:47:35 pm »

To note, doing other stuff. Hence short posts. Here is a longer one.
Also, in case it wasn't clear, Cop should reveal once they've found Mafia in this game. There are no special gimmicks after all.

1. Naturegirl1999: What are the rules of this game by your reckoning?
2. IcyTea31: Who will you be investigating first, second, and third?
3. dolores: Why such an aggressive start? What are you looking for?
4. TricMagic: Me. It is 5:47.
5. Pooka: Strategy for Day 1?
6. kingawsume: Will you be regularly participating this game?
7. Questorhank: No Questions.
8. IonMatrix: Also No Questions.
9. hector13: Who will you be investigating first, second, and third?

Ninja Naturegirl.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 05:53:18 pm »

The rules are to gather information about the other players to make decisions on how best to win the game based on your role

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 05:56:06 pm »

Do you think mass claims are something that should be done early, mid game, or late game? Why?
So was your plan to just not ask questions if I didn't single you out to see you ask a question?
Do you have any plan to actually ask questions or try to find out who scum is?
Do you have any idea why asking questions about general meta issues with no specific relation to the game is not just unhelpful but actively against the interest of the town?
Did you really get so worried by my threat that you've decided to do nothing else but fuck around with lazily @ing pooking instead of playing a standard game?

Cop should reveal once they've found Mafia in this game.
These are not the same thing my dude
Scum. How bout you?
I have the opportunity to post. Why would I not take that opportunity?
But why?
You've posted them again, so you're drawing a lot of attention to the fact that you're willfully not interacting with these players. I get that you copypasta'd a list but you could have just removed the names or, y'know, come up with questions. If these are players you have a nebulous connection to or grasp of how they play, you should be doing as much work here as possible to figure out both their metagame and their alignment from nothing.
Do you think you've got the real estate to rest easy here?
So they're cops?
Why identical questions to these two players in particular?

Naturegirl how do you intend to gather information about other players if you never ask them any damn questions

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 05:59:14 pm »

I don’t know what questions to ask.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 06:10:08 pm »

dolores

bruh who makes the start of the game a new thread

hector13 you owe me lunch money
Which of these nerds who I haven't played with before (ion, hawk,nature,pooka) should I actually expect conventional play from and which ones am I going to have to wring blood from a stone to get to vote?

Hey man, if you want to give your money away without setting the terms of paying it back, that's your problem.

I wasn't paying that much attention in the last game played, but Pooka, IonMatrix (I think?) and Naturegirl1999 played in it. Broadly, pooka will play "conventional", presumably 'cause they have some experience of the game. IonMatrix I think is more like Superdorf, there's potential there, if they can get past the flailing noobiness, while Naturegirl reminds me a lot of Tric and TBF, so they'll probably be the one to worry about, which you seem to be aware of anyway.

I assume you mean Questorhank by hawk? Never seen 'em play. Could be amazeballs, could be awful.

Let's find out.

Questorhank: I think you're going to be awful. What do you say about that?

IcyTea31 assuming you're scum, would it be wise to anticipate that you'll intentionally disrupt the flow of the game so that it stalls and dies from a lack of activity, a la bullying webadict into chucking a hissy?

I love you.

Even with something like an innocent report on a player who's not really under heat? Is the intention to try to force claim/counterclaims to a point or do you actually think it has merit in and of itself?
You going to look to counterclaim cop claims if you have no information?
Any reason you decided to post a one line answer instead on it's own without answering my other question, adding commentary, or y'know, asking questions of your own, TricMagic?

... but you could at least touch me more before dumping me and moving on.

Your focus (beyond me) early on seems to be on the two players I expect will be easiest to mislynch in this game. Why start there?

Tric

To note, doing other stuff. Hence short posts. Here is a longer one.
Also, in case it wasn't clear, Cop should reveal once they've found Mafia in this game. There are no special gimmicks after all.

1. Naturegirl1999: What are the rules of this game by your reckoning?
4. TricMagic: Me. It is 5:47.
5. Pooka: Strategy for Day 1?
6. kingawsume: Will you be regularly participating this game?

I'm not expecting three investigations to have to be made, man.

for serious, though, the newer players. I have enough of a grasp of how dolores and IcyTea play to trust my gut with them.

How come IcyTea and I get the same question? Do you expect our answers to differ that much? PPE: ninja'd by dolores. Should I just let you speak for me in future?

IonMatrix: how do you intend to get us out of RVS?

kingawsume: you're the mafia rolecop, how will you narrow down in the thread who to inspect during the night?

Pooka: What did you learn about the site meta on B12 in the last game that will help you narrow down your reads list in this one?

Naturegirl1999: Did you learn anything in the last game? If so, what, and how do you expect it to help you in this one?

IcyTea: At what point would you be bothered by me ignoring you completely?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15