Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]  (Read 41108 times)

Pooka

• Bay Watcher
  • Deleting things since 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 2]
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »

> does something
> WIFOM THIS!
> does something else
> WIFOM THAT!
> breathes
> WIFOM!

OK. I'm not interested in this game anymore. I have better wastes of time than being told everything I do is WIFOM.

Pooka might be scum or jailkeeper
The cat's out of the bag.

I'm the Town Jailkeeper and I jailed dolores yesterday. Happy now?
Have fun.

I predict the very next thing is that someone will say this whole post is WIFOM.

I've been considering quitting the past few days but decided to hold on. To hell with holding on.
Superdorf, I am out. This is final.

Code: [Select]
> os.delete("real_life.py")

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2019, 02:07:05 am »

OK. I'm not interested in this game anymore. I have better wastes of time than being told everything I do is WIFOM.
Had you considered posting something that wasn't wifom?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2019, 05:23:12 am »

Dolores: were you roleblocked?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:39 am »

How would I know dumbass
Is this some 4D chess wifom bullshit to make me think you're not hector's partner or something

The game is dead, there aren't enough active players to strongly divine your alignment if you are scum anyway
I'm VT, if that wasn't obvious

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2019, 06:16:58 am »

Superdorf: if a VT gets roleblocked, do they know it?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2019, 08:52:56 am »

> does something
> WIFOM THIS!
> does something else
> WIFOM THAT!
> breathes
> WIFOM!

Pooka might be scum or jailkeeper
The cat's out of the bag.

I'm the Town Jailkeeper and I jailed dolores yesterday. Happy now?
Have fun.

I predict the very next thing is that someone will say this whole post is WIFOM.

I've been considering quitting the past few days but decided to hold on. To hell with holding on.
Superdorf, I am out. This is final.

If dolores was jailed and there was a kill, that means dolores cannot be scum. Pooka, please stay, if you end up jailing scum then you won't get killed. If you end up jailing one of the inactives and there is still a kill, then the suspect list is still narrowed down
Had you considered posting something that wasn't wifom?
Why do you call everything Pooka posts WIFOM? Pooka claimed jailkeeper and that they jailed you, and you call it WIFOM, since you said asked whether Pooka considered posting something that isn't WIFOM, this to me implies you think Pooka's claim is also WIFOM.
TricMageIf you were Jailkeeper, who would you jail tonight and why?
TM never answered this question, though due to inactivity I doubt he will. Maybe he will surprise me.

ICT, thoughts on who might be scum if Pooka's Jalkeeper claim and statement of who they jailed is accurate?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2019, 09:02:52 am »

Pooka, if you tell us who you will jail, and the person is scum, then you won't be killed. If you tell us who you jail, and they end up not being scum, and you are killed, then the person who you jailed can't be scum. Unless I'm getting this wrong and scum can kill from jail, in which case saying who you jailed can still be helpful

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2019, 09:05:30 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Not voting: IonMatrix, Naturegir1999, Pooka, Questorhank, TricMagic

Pooka: dolores, IcyTea31 (2)

Votes to extend: ---

Day One ends on 2019-10-21 18:00 EST.
Extension is available, requiring 3 votes.

Superdorf: if a VT gets roleblocked, do they know it?
They do not.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:21:28 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2019, 09:27:09 am »

Pooka, if you tell us who you will jail, and the person is scum, then you won't be killed. If you tell us who you jail, and they end up not being scum, and you are killed, then the person who you jailed can't be scum. Unless I'm getting this wrong and scum can kill from jail, in which case saying who you jailed can still be helpful
Jailed players are roleblocked, so if you successfully jail scum, you wouldn't be killed. Please don't quit, you can still help

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 18, 2019, 10:05:29 am »

Unvote. I'm used to blocks being revealed to the target, and my line of thought started from neither me nor dolores claiming to be blocked. That led to the assumption that there would be a cop, making it possible to set the counterclaim trap for Pooka, who was playing sneakily (as both scum and power roles often do). With Superdorf's rules clarification, I no longer have a logic-based case on Pooka, and don't see a reason to doubt the claim, especially coupled with the flip-flop on dolores which makes complete sense now.

Naturegirl1999 earns town points for seeming genuinely concerned about a power role quitting, and is currently playing without being grilled to do it.

With that in mind, IonMatrix. You're on the inactive players chopping block. How are you going to get off of it?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 18, 2019, 10:39:11 am »

Why do you call everything Pooka posts WIFOM?
Because it was
Pooka claimed jailkeeper and that they jailed you, and you call it WIFOM
I never did, that's perfectly inline with the idea of 'cop or scum' that's been being pursued on pooka. I didn't comment on the claim because, besides the fact that it's obviously true and doesn't need any elaboration, I don't expect the game to continue.
since you said asked whether Pooka considered posting something that isn't WIFOM, this to me implies you think Pooka's claim is also WIFOM.
That's on you

Unvote. I'm used to blocks being revealed to the target
I've literally never seen that
Actually, I'm still used to roleblocks not preventing the scumkill, but I know that's not conventional on B12
Superdorf
If the jailer jails scum, under what conditions will the kill go through?

and my line of thought started from neither me nor dolores claiming to be blocked. That led to the assumption that there would be a cop, making it possible to set the counterclaim trap for Pooka, who was playing sneakily (as both scum and power roles often do).
I was assuming you were the cop with a kinawsume inspect or something with the fact that you were trying to force out a claim

With Superdorf's rules clarification, I no longer have a logic-based case on Pooka, and don't see a reason to doubt the claim, especially coupled with the flip-flop on dolores which makes complete sense now.
Yeah if they block the scumkill when they target scum they're essentially just a turbocop who can't end up with a report on the dead player

Naturegirl1999 earns town points for seeming genuinely concerned about a power role quitting
I don't really see how concern about metagame elements is alignment indicative

and is currently playing without being grilled to do it.
But yeah it's much better
They were, however, grilled to do it
With that in mind, IonMatrix. You're on the inactive players chopping block. How are you going to get off of it?
So what's the plan, just lynch someone and let them go till a later point if they post?
Ionmatrix hasn't posted on B12 in a while
Questorhank you're on B12 right now
Any reason we shouldn't lynch you D2?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 1]
« Reply #146 on: October 18, 2019, 11:37:17 am »

What makes you so certain you’re going to be killed at some point? Do you expect to be lynched or night-killed?
It's certainly possible that I get lynched, as there's no way for my play style to confirm my being town, since there's no other data for comparison. The cop could do it, but it isn't always in the town's interest to out the cop to save a townie.
As for night-kill, it could very possibly happen to either as a distraction or if I'm becoming a threat. And no matter what, the longer the game goes on, the higher my odds of dying become.

You also gave something of a non-answer for dolores’ question. Don’t claim unless you’re about to get lynched, but it probably won’t matter even if you do.

How would you go about avoiding this situation, as a power role?
I would probably try to avoid suspicion in the first place, but that doesn't really help because that's what everyone else is trying to do too. And now that I think about it, claiming to avoid a lynch isn't as deadly as I initially thought, as the jailkeep could keep the claimee safe (although doing this for extended periods is basically just having another townie).
I'm thinking either
jail Ionmatrix, lynch QH
jail Ionmatrix, lynch TM
jail QH, lynch Ionmatrix
jail GH, lynch TM
jail TM, lynch Ionmatrix
jail TM, lynch QH
assuming the jailkeeper is still active, this will take out 2 inactives, however if both are town, we get 2 townkills, so we need to figure out which of these has the remaining scum

I really don't like this. Besides the fact that I don't agree (my gut read on Qh tastes like scum) and they're displaying the wrong priorities for town, I really dislike the idea both of 'information lynches' in general (I don't really believe in them at all) and especially ones where you don't outline what you could follow up on them with.
Fine, short version: if QH is scum, you are scum and bussed them. If QH is town, hector is scum. Compare: if hector is scum, I'm not. If hector is town, everyone's neutral, at least based on that point alone. These are mostly based on gut feelings and common buddying and bussing tells from looking at the pairings in isolation. Of course, since hector13 is flipping the table, that analysis can be left for a later time.
Do you still think QH is town since hector13 was scum?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2019, 12:24:09 pm »

Superdorf
If the jailer jails scum, under what conditions will the kill go through?

If a mafioso performs the nightkill, blocking that mafioso will block the nightkill. Therefore, the kill would go through if and only if the jailed mafioso was not the one to perform the nightkill.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 18, 2019, 02:25:57 pm »

I've literally never seen that
Every game I've been in thus far has had a block target told about it even if they didn't act. Different "generations" of players I guess.

Yeah if they block the scumkill when they target scum they're essentially just a turbocop who can't end up with a report on the dead player
That's not completely right. If there's no nightkill, it can mean either that the jailkeeper blocked scum, or that they protected scum's target. The jailkeeper can only find town with certainty, and only when the nightkill goes through.

I don't really see how concern about metagame elements is alignment indicative
It's effort. I'm more focused on the emotions and genuineness than the plaintext: NG wants to win, even if she is currently about twenty steps behind. She's not experienced enough to beg for a quitter to stay as a scum gambit.

So what's the plan, just lynch someone and let them go till a later point if they post?
Sadly, yes. I can't use my telepathic powers to send psychic messages to ask the inactive players to post (as that would break the rules), and without them posting I've got nothing.

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2019, 03:03:04 am »

Aaaah, weekends...

*ahem*

Ok, heres a short post so that Superdorf wont modkill me when I reread the thread.

Quote from:  ICT
Whats your plan for D2?
Actually be helpfu? Hopefully?
Quote from: someone
claim plz
Well, I'm a VT(as if it would make a differnce)
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15