Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 4]  (Read 41185 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 6! [Day 1]
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2019, 05:54:03 pm »

Ah, the old this-is-so-anti-town-it-must-be-town routine. Having it pointed out means you can't rely on it anymore, so you might as well fall back on cliched defenses, I guess.
No, that was an honest question. How on Earth could I possibly lynch someone with an argument that nonsensical?

How were you expecting dolores to respond as town?

How were you expecting dolores to respond as scum?
With or without good faith, respectively. The only things I know for sure on D1 are that I'm town, and that town players don't know I'm town, but scum players do. By painting a target on myself I can find the players who know I'm town. Tells include accepting or rejecting my arguments without engaging with them, trying to flatter me, misrepresenting my arguments, repeating already-refuted arguments, and so on. Town players want to know what the truth is, scum players just want someone, anyone lynched. Because of this, town players tend to start furiously but back down when they figure it out, while scum players tend start cautiously but accelerate when they think they've caught a lynch. In steps:

1: Remind other players that I know something they don't, and challenge them to figure it out.
2: See how they react. Town is generally more aggressive here, but scum are so close behind that it's more useful for building player profiles than determining alignment.
3: Tell those players what I know, challenging their previous answer.
4: See how they react. Scum is generally more aggressive here; previously built player profiles help reduce false positives.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2019, 07:28:44 pm »

Superdorf: the votecount in the OP says the day will end on 2019-09-10. That day was last month. Do you mean the 9th or 10th of this month?

Ah, my mistake. Should read October 10, 2019.

Quote from: Votecount
Not voting: IcyTea31, IonMatrix, kingawsume, Naturegir1999, Pooka, Questorhank

dolores: TricMagic (1)
hector13: dolores (1)
Naturegirl1999: hector13 (1)

Day One ends on 2019-10-10 18:00 EST.
Extension is available, requiring 4 votes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:45:22 am by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »

Ah, the old this-is-so-anti-town-it-must-be-town routine. Having it pointed out means you can't rely on it anymore, so you might as well fall back on cliched defenses, I guess.
No, that was an honest question. How on Earth could I possibly lynch someone with an argument that nonsensical?

I didn't say you were going to be able to lynch dolores solely off that, I suggested you were planting seeds to reap later, in a manner similar to what dolores said they would do with Questorhank if they didn't step up.

The difference between the two, as I'm sure you will ask, is that dolores won't need to rely on an argument made in the early goings of the game should Questorhank prove to be less than stellar, whereas dolores is going to be a tough nut to crack and you'll need to pull out all the stops to lynch 'em, hence the airing of my suspicions.

If I'm wrong, ah well, but if I'm right, I'll pick up your breadcrumbs so you'll find yourself all alone in the forest and a big, scary witch'll come and take you to her candy house and let you eat it all and then cook you and eat you 'cause now you're fat and taste good.

How were you expecting dolores to respond as town?

How were you expecting dolores to respond as scum?
With or without good faith, respectively.

You have said your argument was deliberately nonsense; could you describe to me how someone would engage with a deliberately nonsensical argument in good faith - fairly, openly, honestly - and also in bad faith - a duplicitous, backstabbing ma'fa'?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2019, 07:55:04 pm »

no claiming on Day 1 please. Better not even leave hints of a power role if you're one. The scum should be kept in the dark.
Just falseclaim lmao
That's about it for now.
No questions of your own?

Delores Aren’t you worried about lynching town?
Gotta lynch someone. There's a finite amount of time in which to find someone that's likely scum. Whether or not we do that and have a good candidate, we're gonna lynch the closest thing we've got.

In your experience, has an RVS case ever been a meaningful linchpin of a late game case leading to a lynch, and not just an easily-overturnable "oh, and also this" point?
I wouldn't so much call it RVS but I'm trying to build towards having the option of a post like this if Questorhank doesn't start doing work.
I didn't finish that lynch because I replaced out, but my scumpicks were correct in that game.
My answer was a bullshit non-answer. I don't like yes/no RVS questions so I put in some filler to make it even less useful than a single-word "No." and make it look like I'm in your head even though it was literally my first post this game. Still, it created a conversation so it wasn't a total loss on either side.
That is what a 7/10 RVS response is. My question was a bullshit non-question which dictates it's own answer.
Really easily, in my experience.
If your argument doesn't make a clear point it's hard to engage with satisfactorily and the type of thinking that forms the argument must be definition inform the response (unless they refuse to engage with the question) which is going to make the response look suspicious even in the best case where it contains no faults other than those inherited from the question.

With or without good faith, respectively.
How the fuck do you expect to determine that, mr. Sarte?
You have said your argument was deliberately nonsense; could you describe to me how someone would engage with a deliberately nonsensical argument in good faith - fairly, openly, honestly - and also in bad faith - a duplicitous, backstabbing ma'fa'?
It's not even that. Regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to have the option to lynch ICT (and hector) in the future (unless we're a scum team lmao). I'm always going to try to leave an option open to use the question as the basis for pressure in the future, and it's unlikely to be wasted since the only players being as straightforwardly dishonest in their practice are ICT and myself.
- leafsnail mafia 101-
I really shouldn't call it mafia 101 even if these are general truths that a lot of people hold, so I've edited my naming of it to better reflect the outdated and inaccurate nature of those methods and thoughts.
Anyway.
By painting a target on myself I can find the players who know I'm town.
So your plan is to deliberatly make it easy to lynch you, and see which players are not on your team (are scum) by determining which players don't try to lynch you?
Regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to see you lynched. The correlation between 'easy to lynch' and 'should be lynched (is scum or antitown)' is generally pretty high, and the only real problem with that methodology is it's easier to lynch antitown than it is to lynch real scum. The only players who 'know you're town' are the players with the strongest motivation to lynch you. Making yourself not look like town isn't going to sway that. I can't see how you could think this was a good idea unless your actual motivation is totally unrelated to your stated motivation and is more along the lines of trying to drag me into a hole of suspicion with you and then trying to climb out without my noticing.

Everyone: What's your RVS pick?
We're out of RVS. Try again.
Questions to everyone in the thread are very rude unless you intend to follow up on every response.

dolores, how do you feel about the assumptions other people have made about you?
hector & ICT assume that I'm comfortable playing the way that I am and serve as a useful comparison for other players to make themselves.
I don't care about what anyone who's intimidated by agressive play thinks about what I'm doing since they're probably not going to be able to build a case that can survive heavy opposition.
Naturegirl, you literally just posted the same thing as TricMagic about dolores's identity. Why?
Tric hadn't posted since his OP in RVS
What the fuck are you talking about?

dolores. Believe it or not, but trying to lead town around is a stratagy some players use. And this type of commentry kinda reminds of someone else that isn't on this forum.
Someone pretty bad at mafia I guess if they're getting caught and lynched for being active

kingawsume Ionmatrix
You didn't answer my RVS question. Any reason for that?

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2019, 07:58:33 pm »

EBWOP: this doesn't change anything
I wouldn't so much call it RVS
Whoops, guess I was wrong
I'm mostly pointing at 4maskwolf because of RVS, where his responses to (webadict & doll's) questions sat poorly with me and the lack of follow up (or initial impact) from his own confirmed that he wasn't engaged in the daygame. He hasn't since become engaged, even when I poked him on this. His play is ideal for scum and useless for town (outside of the fact that it got him caught); we're losing nothing if we lynch him.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2019, 11:29:07 pm »

kingawsume
You didn't answer my RVS question. Any reason for that?
Which is funny, because you nev-
kingawsume  assuming you're the cop, are you the type of person to try and softclaim cop on D1? Assuming you're noncop town, are you the type of personto try to softclaim cop on D1?
Oh. Oops. Didn't see it.

No, to both of those questions, unless it is a large game, then a yes to the second. I'd rather not give myself even the vaguest hint of a target on my back, unless I am nearly expendable. Passiveness lends itself to being a target all its own, however.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2019, 04:01:07 am »

I didn't say you were going to be able to lynch dolores solely off that, I suggested you were planting seeds to reap later, in a manner similar to what dolores said they would do with Questorhank if they didn't step up.

The difference between the two, as I'm sure you will ask, is that dolores won't need to rely on an argument made in the early goings of the game should Questorhank prove to be less than stellar, whereas dolores is going to be a tough nut to crack and you'll need to pull out all the stops to lynch 'em, hence the airing of my suspicions.
The way I see it, this implies one of three arguments: "IcyTea31 and dolores are of the same alignment", "what IcyTea31 is doing isn't alignment indicative" or "what IcyTea31 is doing is scummy, but what dolores is doing isn't, because of their chosen targets."

I don't know if I and dolores are of the same alignment. Do you?

If what I'm doing isn't alignment-indicative, why do you say it makes you suspicious?

If I was scum, why would I lynch and not nightkill dolores? And again, honest question: how could that argument be used as 'seeds to reap' against a strong player? In my experience, having a huge pile of weak evidence against someone over a couple strong arguments only serves as an intimidation tactic. I would argue that scum!dolores would have more to gain than scum!IcyTea31 from their respective arguments, because there is hope of intimidation working against QH.

If none of the above, what exactly is your argument here?

When someone with good faith reads an argument, their thoughts turn outwards to 'why?': why are they making this argument. When someone with bad faith reads an argument, their thoughts turn inwards to 'how': how can I use this argument. It's all about whether they actually want to hear what I have to say; as noted before, town wants to know what my alignment is, scum already knows. The difference for nonsensical arguments is that town players usually back off the argument itself when they realize little useful information lies that way, and turn to the player instead.

I wouldn't so much call it RVS but I'm trying to build towards having the option of a post like this if Questorhank doesn't start doing work.
I see. Do you believe you couldn't have made that argument if you hadn't challenged them to be active earlier? Your point in that post was that 4maskwolf hadn't scumhunted enough. Couldn't you have made that point even without the earlier case?

If your argument doesn't make a clear point it's hard to engage with satisfactorily and the type of thinking that forms the argument must be definition inform the response (unless they refuse to engage with the question) which is going to make the response look suspicious even in the best case where it contains no faults other than those inherited from the question.
Is the response "I don't understand what your point is, please clarify" a suspicious response? An experienced player capable of humility should find it easy to avoid that trap.

As an aside, my original argument did have a clear point: "you are using psychological tricks to mind control other players into posting scummy things." And that's the point you engaged with. Good job.

How the fuck do you expect to determine that, mr. Sarte?
As I have done in past games, and how I posted clear numbered steps to do.
So your plan is to deliberatly make it easy to lynch you, and see which players are not on your team (are scum) by determining which players don't try to lynch you?
The opposite: the players who entertain the thought that they might not have determined my alignment yet are most likely town.
Regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to see you lynched. The correlation between 'easy to lynch' and 'should be lynched (is scum or antitown)' is generally pretty high, and the only real problem with that methodology is it's easier to lynch antitown than it is to lynch real scum.
It's not in your interest to see me lynched if we're both town, unless you believe my behaviour is actively counterproductive to the town's goal. Is that so?
The only players who 'know you're town' are the players with the strongest motivation to lynch you.
Exactly. The whole point is to determine alignment by determining how motivated players are to lynch me. Town wants to lynch scum, scum wants to lynch me.
I can't see how you could think this was a good idea unless your actual motivation is totally unrelated to your stated motivation and is more along the lines of trying to drag me into a hole of suspicion with you and then trying to climb out without my noticing.
Most likely not, since I've used this strategy before in games you were not part of.

ICT assume that I -- serve as a useful comparison for other players to make themselves.
I don't think I've made that assumption. When have I compared anyone to you?

Kingawsume: what are you thoughts on this wall-fight between me, hector and dolores? Also, you missed my followup:
Would that be the only question?

Anything you want to say about that?
I think it speaks for itself. Right now, for various reasons, Hector ignoring me wouldn't lose the game for town.
Are you really satisfied my answer? I only really reiterated my point.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2019, 05:08:25 am »

kingawsume
Who's your top pick for scum as it stands right now? Why?
There are at least three people you could point suspicion at already, so you've got no excuse for not having a decent response to this if you're going to take the time to make jokes.

ICT assume that I -- serve as a useful comparison for other players to make themselves.
I don't think I've made that assumption. When have I compared anyone to you?
Is this some kind of wierd bait that I'm interupting your use of?
hector & ICT assume that I'm comfortable playing the way that I am and serve as a useful comparison for other players to make themselves.
The reactions of the two of you, having specific experience with myself and a metagame which endorses this playstyle, are something produced by your presumption that I might play this way. Other players can compare their own reactions to your (theoretically better informed) reaction without me having to specifically spell out my reasoning in every case.

If I was scum, why would I lynch and not nightkill dolores?
Why would you not lynch me? I want to give you the benefit of the doubt but this is the essence of bad!scum reasoning. Why would you ever not want a strong town player (who you know is town in this scenario) to be more free from suspicion than they could be, even if you didn't expect to manage to lynch them? The more agressively I use questionable tactics like deliberatly setting up lynches the easier it would be to drive a lynch against me, and since I'm playing fairly uncautiously it seems reasonable to suggest scum!ICT would try to push a lynch on me. If you nightkilled hector you wouldn't even have someone to point it out the next day and champion the counter case. This is the laziest and worst kind of WIFOM and I think worse of you not just as a player as much as in alignment for having brought it up.
"If I was scum, why would I lynch a powerful town player"
And again, honest question: how could that argument be used as 'seeds to reap' against a strong player?
I literally gave you an example, although the alignments were reversed.
The more points you have that were never answered, the more you can damage someone's credibility when you try to force a lynch without a specific central point (like a single major slip of some kind). Some strong, valid, effective arguments can only be supported by sustained comparison, when you seek to establish a pattern of behavior.
In my experience, having a huge pile of weak evidence against someone over a couple strong arguments only serves as an intimidation tactic. I would argue that scum!dolores would have more to gain than scum!IcyTea31 from their respective arguments, because there is hope of intimidation working against QH.
Sometimes a huge pile of weak evidence is actually a huge pile of individual parts of one piece of extremely strong evidence. You can imagine that if you were able to convince people that I wasn't doing anything to try to divine people's alignments and had continued to set up future lynches, it might be easy to justify a lynch against me based off of that.
The reason you won't be able to do that is because I won't ever actually 'pull the trigger' on anyone without a legitimate suspicion of them, which I would be able to post in the thread and in doing so defend myself. I'm suspicious of questorhank. He jumps on claims he shouldn't for the stated reason of protecting himself and doesn't seem very concerned about ideas like 'stoping the cop from getting nightkilled'. I can imagine I'm more likely to want to lynch him in the future than, say, pooka, who's just awful at the game and not here enough and so reads relatively neutrally on the town/scum index.

When someone with good faith reads an argument, their thoughts turn outwards to 'why?': why are they making this argument. When someone with bad faith reads an argument, their thoughts turn inwards to 'how': how can I use this argument. It's all about whether they actually want to hear what I have to say; as noted before, town wants to know what my alignment is, scum already knows. The difference for nonsensical arguments is that town players usually back off the argument itself when they realize little useful information lies that way, and turn to the player instead.
What if, you might find this radical, you did both.
Using a faulty argument that someone makes by accident against them is not something exclusive to the scum, my dude. If anything, I'd say that town have more reason to do so since they have no alternatives to persuading the town into voting a certain way if they want to complete their objectives. Lynches are their only tool, or at least the most important in a setup like this with no other way of making the bad men go away. I can do this and still think 'why would ICT say this dumb shit". You don't get to recontextualize my attempts to set up the lifeline of a future lynch on a strong player in a game where scum can easily direct town attention to weaker or less active players as an action I would only ever think of doing as scum.

I see. Do you believe you couldn't have made that argument if you hadn't challenged them to be active earlier? Your point in that post was that 4maskwolf hadn't scumhunted enough. Couldn't you have made that point even without the earlier case?
But he might of pretended to scumhunt if I poked the dog too early, and I'm not nessecarily so astute that I wouldn't be fooled into accepting his artificial activity as legitimate. If I maintain the position 'this guy really seems like he's scum' and never give him a specific out by requesting some kind of content, it becomes far easier to achieve the lynch in the future if they, being scum, fail to produce any kind of content. If they weren't scum, one would assume that they would later produce content on their own. It's certainly true that you can alignment test by asking people to do things while they're under pressure and then seeing if they also produce any original content due to a legitimate interest in the ongoings of the game (i.e. because they are town and do want to find scum), but it's much harder to achieve the lynch from the negative position (they only respond to the pressure and do nothing else) since a lot of bad!town players will do just that.
Is the response "I don't understand what your point is, please clarify" a suspicious response?
Yeah, because it slows the game down. "I've got no idea where you were going with this but here's some bullshit in response" is much better because you still get the idea that they could rephrase the question for clarity across, but you also generate content. The idea that not giving a bad response is more important than getting content out onto the page where other players can see it is deeply scummy, ICT. Why are you so concerned about how you look? Surely if you give a forthright response and let slip things like your identity, that can only be good for you, right ICT?
An experienced player capable of humility should find it easy to avoid that trap.
Alas, I am neither of those things
As an aside, my original argument did have a clear point: "you are using psychological tricks to mind control other players into posting scummy things." And that's the point you engaged with. Good job.
Ironically, I basically lied about the fact that I'm basically doing just that. Just not in the conversation that you were quoting.
The opposite: the players who entertain the thought that they might not have determined my alignment yet are most likely town.
Regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to see you lynched. The correlation between 'easy to lynch' and 'should be lynched (is scum or antitown)' is generally pretty high, and the only real problem with that methodology is it's easier to lynch antitown than it is to lynch real scum.
It's not in your interest to see me lynched if we're both town, unless you believe my behaviour is actively counterproductive to the town's goal. Is that so?
Allow me to rephrase that: regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to have the option to lynch you (unless I know that you're on my team, but if we were the scum team we should possibly do this anyway to fuck with hector). I won't know your alignment until you're dead or I inspect you, so that's not a fact that's going to change any time soon. It is absolutely in my interest to begin the building blocks of an icytea lynch and establish them as sensibly as I can into something usable.
Exactly. The whole point is to determine alignment by determining how motivated players are to lynch me. Town wants to lynch scum, scum wants to lynch me.
Cute, but you're not that important. Scum might have a weak interest in lynching stronger players, but generally you would think that they're happy with any lynch which isn't them or their scumbuddy.

Not really a great trend of leaving questions unanswered kingawsume

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2019, 06:29:04 am »

The reactions of the two of you, having specific experience with myself and a metagame which endorses this playstyle, are something produced by your presumption that I might play this way. Other players can compare their own reactions to your (theoretically better informed) reaction without me having to specifically spell out my reasoning in every case.
Ah. I parsed the sentence as "ICT and Hector assume that I'm comfortable and that I serve as...". Instead, you meant "Hector and ICT assume that I'm comfortable and thus they serve as...".

Why would you not lynch me?
Because it would be riskier than the obvious alternatives.

Why would you ever not want a strong town player (who you know is town in this scenario) to be more free from suspicion than they could be, even if you didn't expect to manage to lynch them?
Casting doubt on someone is separate from leading a full-on lynch against them, even if the first is part of the second.

Sure, but here's a big question: why are you answering questions I asked of hector?

I'm suspicious of questorhank. He jumps on claims he shouldn't for the stated reason of protecting himself and doesn't seem very concerned about ideas like 'stoping the cop from getting nightkilled'. I can imagine I'm more likely to want to lynch him in the future than, say, pooka, who's just awful at the game and not here enough and so reads relatively neutrally on the town/scum index.
Now these are some interesting statements. Based on them: Questorhank. They still have some pending questions from me, so I'll wait for the answers and gladly unvote if I like them. But before then, I believe their lynch would be informative about a number of players, including dolores, hector, TricMagic and me.

Using a faulty argument that someone makes by accident against them is not something exclusive to the scum, my dude. If anything, I'd say that town have more reason to do so since they have no alternatives to persuading the town into voting a certain way if they want to complete their objectives.
I agree. But that doesn't answer the point I'm making. The point isn't that players use faulty arguments against each other, it's that town players care more about knowing their target's alignment than scum players.

I can do this and still think 'why would ICT say this dumb shit".
I think there is a matter of definition here. Would you say you are currently trying to lynch me? I wouldn't say so, even if you are collecting ammo for a later lynch attempt.

You don't get to recontextualize my attempts
Not everything is about you, friend.

But he might of pretended to scumhunt if I poked the dog too early, and I'm not nessecarily so astute that I wouldn't be fooled into accepting his artificial activity as legitimate.
This doesn't answer my question at all...
If they weren't scum, one would assume that they would later produce content on their own.
...but this does. The challenge to produce content wasn't necessary, then?

"I've got no idea where you were going with this but here's some bullshit in response" is much better because you still get the idea that they could rephrase the question for clarity across, but you also generate content.
Ahem.
That there is how to get you to explain yourself with minimal obstinacy. As they say, the best way to get the right answer is to give a wrong one.

The idea that not giving a bad response is more important than getting content out onto the page where other players can see it is deeply scummy, ICT. Why are you so concerned about how you look? Surely if you give a forthright response and let slip things like your identity, that can only be good for you, right ICT?
Considering that giving a bad response in order to get content out onto the page with no concern for how I look and with intention of mutually scrutinizing alignments with other players is exactly what I've done...

Allow me to rephrase that: regardless of my alignment, it's in my interest to have the option to lynch you (unless I know that you're on my team, but if we were the scum team we should possibly do this anyway to fuck with hector).
--
It is absolutely in my interest to begin the building blocks of an icytea lynch and establish them as sensibly as I can into something usable.
I think I understand where our greatest differences lie. Your playstyle doesn't consider investigation and convincing others to be separate loops of play. You wish to establish your cases as early in the game as possible to give them credence, even if you're not yet sure if your targets are scum. I prefer to collect information first and only then face the scum head-on, so as to not accidentally mislead the rest of the town. In other words, in the late game, you want people to listen to you even if you have to ascertain your target's guilt at the last second, whereas I want to know for sure my target is scum, even if I have to fight tooth and nail to make sure others listen to me. I'll have to experiment with your style some time.

I won't know your alignment until you're dead or I inspect you, so that's not a fact that's going to change any time soon.
You believe that I'm going to survive for a while.

Cute, but you're not that important. Scum might have a weak interest in lynching stronger players, but generally you would think that they're happy with any lynch which isn't them or their scumbuddy.
And that's where painting a target on myself comes in.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2019, 06:43:18 am »

Sure, but here's a big question: why are you answering questions I asked of hector?
Why not?
It doesn't do anything to lessen his responsibility to answer the questions himself, unless the questions are shit and the only thing that needs to be said in response is about the question itself and not an answer. You get an insight into my alignment from it, don't you?
I'm looking for work to do. I can't ask players questions if they're not here. I can't magic up actvitity through writing abstract poetry. Any sort of lead or basis on which to comment is still a way to get more of myself out there. There's no situation in which my being able to put the entirety of what I know about the state of the game (re: alignments etc.) into the thread could ever be a bad thing.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2019, 07:02:01 am »

Why not?
Because you already answered it yourself, and could have spent the time doing that again instead on making sure you understood my followup question so you wouldn't only answer it by accident.

You get an insight into my alignment from it, don't you?
A far weaker insight than from answering the questions actually directed at you.

There's no situation in which my being able to put the entirety of what I know about the state of the game (re: alignments etc.) into the thread could ever be a bad thing.
There is, namely situations where it's important to receive data from a player not contaminated by other players' influence. Want it or not, answering questions directed at others affects how they themselves respond to them, casting doubt on the answers' reliability. In other words, it gives the target something to hide behind from the pressure.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2019, 08:01:12 am »

Ah Walls...

Questorhank, and IonMatrix. A question to the three of you. What do you think of all these walls, and which of them is lying?

kingawsume, why aren't you engaging beyond a few posts?

Pooka, why do I not care about asking you questions?

Dolores, what do you think of my vote on you? IcyTea and Hector, what do you think of it? More importantly, which of you are scum, if any?

Also Dolores, the person you remind me of was Scum and achieved victory in that game. Leading town players around is a very valid tactic.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2019, 08:31:48 am »

Leading town players around is a very valid tactic.
Leading town is also a very effective town strategy. I don't think trying to take charge is alignment-indicative enough to serve as a case on its own. (If anything, a high level of engagement is often a towntell.) Do you have any further reasons for your vote?

More importantly, which of you are scum, if any?
I'm currently leaning town for dolores (strong scumhunting, though there's a point I'll have to talk about once I get back on my computer) and scum for hector (quality and honesty of arguments against me are lower than expected), but the discussion continues.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2019, 10:44:48 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Not voting: IonMatrix, kingawsume, Naturegir1999, Pooka, Questorhank

dolores: TricMagic (1)
IonMatrix: dolores (1)
Naturegirl1999: hector13 (1)
Questorhank: IcyTea31 (1)

Day One ends on 2019-10-10 18:00 EST.
Extension is available, requiring 4 votes.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 12:21:06 pm »

Kingawsume: what are you thoughts on this wall-fight between me, hector and dolores? Also, you missed my followup:
Would that be the only question?
Yup. I'll elaborate on the wall fight later in this post.
kingawsume
Who's your top pick for scum as it stands right now? Why?
There are at least three people you could point suspicion at already, so you've got no excuse for not having a decent response to this if you're going to take the time to make jokes.
Not really a great trend of leaving questions unanswered kingawsume
I'm leaning towards you, Questor, and Icy. Top billing goes towards Icy and you. I feel as if his wall of texts (alongside yours) is a defensive tactic to distract town, or obfuscate the game.
I've answered all the ones that I haven't missed so far, sans one.
kingawsume, why aren't you engaging beyond a few posts?
I'm leaving the scumhunting to the scum/people who are a whole lot better at it than I am. And I'm usually this terse anyway.

IcyTea, dolores: Why are you two so focused one another? All I see is what's been stated above.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15