Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Various oddities thread  (Read 2549 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Various oddities thread
« on: October 08, 2019, 01:00:52 am »

You ever see something while exploring that's really weird?

I'll start.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Various oddities thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:55:05 pm »

A human lady once gave my adventurer a quest to go kill some bandits.  I went to the place she described, and found a mead hall full of passive goblins, mostly dancers and poets, whose leader had the same name as the bandit leader.  They all were talkative and friendly, and none of them ever attacked me.  Pretty sure a violent racist sent me on a mission to slaughter a community of innocent artists...
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 05:55:29 am »

Should have checked their inventories then (you can tell a bard or other performer is actually a spy when they're fully decked out in armor with weapons), or alternatively only the leader was actually involved with the bandit gang - there are "bandit gangs" that only really consist of the leader (who is either in the mead hall or in one of the peasant houses).

One of the most rare, weird things I've seen is a town  with a mead hall where normally a keep should be. I've only seen it once, shortly after I started modding back in one of the 40.x versions - never saw anything like it again, so I'm not sure if it was a weird one-off thing thats possible in the vanilla game or some effect of a modded civ lacking a token.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01:44 am »

Just embarked a new adventurer. His home is a cave.
Except on starting, there's no cave here. It's a river in a forest. I've explored thoroughly and there's no sign of the cave or its inhabitants (Legends tells of a militia commander, broker, manager and sheriff who should all be hanging around somewhere).

Now the odd bit...

I retired. Then I started a new adventure. In selecting from a list of retired adventurers, the guy in the cave which doesn't exist has no map, it's completely blank.

I unretire, and I'm in a hole in the ground in the middle of the desert with a whole bunch of other dorfs stuck in a corner.

I'd call that fairly odd.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:13 pm »

"The lord consort Aslot Matongusa:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Zimesh Bilecrypt the Lustful Mold of Hot Jackal wants Siegemurdered the Sandaled Couple the copper cap returned to Dreadlabors." I found it pretty interesting.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 05:00:48 pm »

Heres an oddity, theres a dwarf named Olin Amazedtours who keeps respawning in my starting hillocks in adventure mode, ill get him, run off, he will die somehow, ill kill the thing that killed him ill go back and say he was killed by x and tell them that i killed x  and people will think im awesome, then ill head back to the drinking mound and a new version of him will be there ready for more adventures. Ill ask him about the previous olins and he will be like "oh they died or oh hes my neighbor" and then the process will repeat and i become more and more famous its funny because hes dieing in an evil biome, so theres probably zombie versions of him around aswell. But in legends, its a new hist fig so it isnt causing any weird reputation issues or anything.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com