Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom statue  (Read 1858 times)

alter05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom statue
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:28:27 pm »

Hi !

Currently trying to make stone statues of particular deities but I run into a problem: even when asking for a particular deity, the resulting work consistently comes out as some random historical figure that does not seem to be related to the deity. I have not gone through the trouble of opening legends and looking them up, though. Has anyone else gone through this and is there a known work around ?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom statue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 04:36:01 am »

hi

this is weird, afaik choosing dieties works but there is generally only ever their depictions stored and rarely anything else... I tried engraving walls though, are you absolutely sure you choose to detail the right item in the queue?
let

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 05:56:56 am »

Hi !

Currently trying to make stone statues of particular deities but I run into a problem: even when asking for a particular deity, the resulting work consistently comes out as some random historical figure that does not seem to be related to the deity. I have not gone through the trouble of opening legends and looking them up, though. Has anyone else gone through this and is there a known work around ?

Follow the diety by its name given in the dwarve's relationship screen and ignore its current description, its a null entry because its bugged and trying to actually find a person who doesn't exist. For w.g dieties atleast.

Additional dieties generated post w.g have a description from the 'historical figure' image tailoring just fine.

alter05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 09:33:15 am »

I've tried to follow your advice, but to little use since the description in the dwarf screen is the same.

However, it appears that the statues represent historical figures that have written books to glorify the deity, so they are not totaly random.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 07:23:17 pm »

If you choose "Related to historical figure" then you'll get a *historical event* related to that figure. If your dwarves have little or no knowledge of events where a particular deity directly participated, you'll end up with a tangential image like some dwarf writing a book about him.

To create an actual image of the deity instead, select "Specify a new image" of "Historical figure" "<deity>". You can optionally add other elements as well (e.g. "Action" -> "X is laughing"). Once completed, your design will be saved as an "Existing image" to simplify future orders of the same design.

Tom_Abramham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 04:32:47 am »

I also came across this. Thank you for first talking about it