Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37427 times)

Hotfire90

Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 11:13:47 am »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:16:14 pm by Hotfire90 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 11:21:10 am »

Spoiler: not done yet (click to show/hide)
Do cyberbots get the two maxed out skills instead of or in addition to the 5 skill points?
Instead of skill points, I'll clarify it further in the rules
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 11:30:56 am »

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Corvid (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backup (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: not done yet (click to show/hide)
Do cyberbots get the two maxed out skills instead of or in addition to the 5 skill points?
Can I trade a stat point for two skill points?

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

These all look good. For those of you still developing your sheet, take as long as you need. We'll probably start either later today or tomorrow, depending on how many more people join.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 03:15:50 pm »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 05:39:53 pm »

This looks good.

We'll go ahead and start the introduction. Anyone can join at any time, so don't worry if you missed the first post. We'll get going on the first mission as soon as everyone readies up. So without further adieu...

This is the address you were given...

You find yourself standing in an alley, directly under a bright tunnel light. Before you, right in the middle of the otherwise normal tunnel wall, is a windowed office door. Printed on the frosted glass are the words
“Sir Ozcar Pierre, adventurer”
This must be the place. You enter the office, ready to meet your new boss.

You find the rest of the team, already sitting in a pretty typical office waiting room. a porcelain golem, apparently the secretary, sits idly behind a desk, reading a magazine. You take a seat on an available couch, and take in the rather kitsch decor of the room. Before long the golem, without looking up from the magazine, tells you that Sir Pierre is ready for you.

You enter the office to find a cozy, and richly appointed room, with a number of leather armchairs facing a very large desk. Sitting behind the desk is a small man with a big smile.

Sir Pierre appears to be some sort of mummy. His face is perfectly preserved, dried out skin. He has a neatly trimmed mustache, and his left eye seems to be made out of some sort of light-blue crystal. He is wearing a rather informal, yet obviously very expensive suit. His face is expressive, despite being mummified. He beckons you in with both hands. As he does so, you notice that his left hand appears to be crystal as swell. You enter the room and take a seat.

“Greeting, and welcome! I’m glad you’re here. You’ve all come to me for a variety of reasons. Some at my behest, and others… less so. But most importantly, you’re all able bodied, capable young pups, ready to sink your teeth into the juicy bone of adventure!

But enough rabble, You’ve all signed your contracts, so we’ve no need to ponder over the formalities. You’re ready to get right to your first assignment!

We’ve got a contract with the big guy.  The RO wants us to investigate a dig site. A team of excavators was clearing an old tunnel to create an expressway between Nede and Barrow Town, when a previously undiscovered chamber was made evident by a wall collapsing. The excavators who ventured in never came back.

Now you get to try! We’ve got a juicy contract with the Reunified Order to explore the chamber, and render it non-dangerous so excavation can continue. We have no info on what might be in there, so you’re going in blind. The excavators and the Order’s Cop-borgs have vacated the area for us, so you’ll have the whole tunnel to yourselves. Have fun! And let me know if you have any questions. When you’re ready, there’s a van parked out front. It will take you directly to the dig site.”

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:56:53 am by The Lupanian »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 06:25:58 pm »

"Clarify 'non-dangerous.' Eliminate hostiles or minimize possibly of human injury?"

((I made most of my equipment in-built. Just let me know if that's a problem.))
Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 06:30:21 pm »

Frosted armor, cracked armor. A long glaive that carried the chill of ice, of entombment. A helmet, surronded by fur, a clunk and a thunk as they slide off a massive Beatle, a small pat being given, before it gorges itself on weeds and nearby flowers.

They are the first in, tall, having to faintly duck their head, a glimmer, a hint of white hair billowing out of their helmet. They matched the description of one that they had hired. Waiting near silently, they began to write into a journal.

Arrived.
Job, something to do, shiny creation gestured me in.

Quiet, as they were gestured to enter the mummy's room; expressionless beneath their helm, as it was explained, as the knight stared.

A soft sound leaving their throat.

"Mmhmm?"

A journal pulled forth, pencils flickering over paper, they rip the page below off and hand it to the mummy

What is an excavator?
What is excavation?
What is a Van?
What is an RO/reunified order?
What is Barrow Town?
What is a cop-borg?

They seem to be starring at the mummy.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:34:11 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 06:34:27 pm »

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Frank nodded excitedly as Ozcar spoke, but was really only half-listening. His actual undivided attention was directed at the two robots in the room, both of which gave off a unique vibe; one ancient unit, built for practicality, and one fancier newer unit, built to accomplish a singular task. The older robot interested him more, so he began to shuffle quietly towards Arp.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hotfire90

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »

"What's the policy on looting? Do we need to hand over the stuff we find or do we get to keep it?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 06:42:10 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:00:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 06:46:22 pm »

(Do the things we start with cost money to obtain or are they free? I thought they cost money but don't know how much circuit busters cost. If the start items are free, then I will change accordingly)
Your professional items are free

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 06:47:14 pm »

(Do the things we start with cost money to obtain or are they free? I thought they cost money but don't know how much circuit busters cost. If the start items are free, then I will change accordingly)
You’re class items are free
Oh, I will edit the character then, thank you

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 07:00:28 pm »

How's this?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 07:03:14 pm »

"Clarify 'non-dangerous.' Eliminate hostiles or minimize possibly of human injury?"

((I made most of my equipment in-built. Just let me know if that's a problem.))
Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

It's not a problem, everything looks good.

"Make sure there's no threats. No traps, no hazards, no hostiles. Anything you can't handle, report to me, and I'll let the RO know. And don't do nothing shady! I don't need Cop-Borgs crawling around this place."

How's this?

This looks good

What is an excavator?
What is excavation?
What is a Van?
What is an RO/reunified order?
What is Barrow Town?
What is a cop-borg?

They seem to be starring at the mummy.
Ozcar takes the note and reads it in a glance

"Wow, you really are a fish out of water, aren't you. Let's see...
Excavating means digging carefully, and excavators are the ones who do it. A van is like a big car, which is a box on wheels that goes by itself. The Reunified Order is the government around here. Barrow Town is an Underville city to the west of Nede. And lastly, Cop-Borgs are cyborg clones that the RO uses in the police force.

I know how you feel, young pup. I was once where you are now. You should pick you up a couple of magazines or something to read on the way there, might help ya catch up on the times." 

"What's the policy on looting? Do we need to hand over the stuff we find or do we get to keep it?"

"Im already getting a fat cut from the contract. So feel free to keep what you find. Use it to get yourself some new toys, and make me more money!"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:08:26 pm by The Lupanian »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »

Posted my sheet.  Let me know if it's okay.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:26:03 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22