Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37452 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2019, 04:08:31 am »

"Aw damn it no secrets for me, aw well I'm gonna go see what other people found in that hall way."
Go into the hallway with the guy that blew his brains out, and look around see if there's anything good on the ground.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2019, 04:13:17 am »

The corpse seems to have been looted already, so try to drag it back to the other room filled with corpse bits for disposal.  Return to my current room afterwards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2019, 05:15:39 am »

"You know, that guy went to a lot of trouble to shut down the power. Are you sure turning it back on is a good idea? I'd say we just call this mission successful and go get paid. If there are any monsters behind that door, they can stay there and rot. Maybe one of you should use a laptop to check those CDs instead? Maybe they'll have some clues?"

Search around for anything that could contain information. Signs showing the way, warning signs, loose/crumpled paper, leaflets, operator manuals, ancient newspapers. If this was a high traffic area, then there must be some trash. If it was an important area, then there must be something to signify that importance. Maybe something like that can help me understand more about this place.

Edit: Oh, wait, are there smoke detectors or fire alarms?
Maybe if I trigger an alarm the door will unlock so that people can escape. You know, fire safety and all that.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:22:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2019, 05:35:37 am »

Frank listens to Sherry's argument, then shakes his head.

"But imagine what could be inside! Maybe there's old world tech, y'know? Gotta check!"

He bounces slightly as he speaks, obviously excited at the concept of a new discovery.

Frank examines the panel further for any sort of access port or maintenance panel that he could open, in hopes that he could mess around with the internal wiring to try to get the door open anyways.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 27, 2019, 10:31:57 am »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Use a lock pick to unlock the door and look inside the newly unlocked room

Hotfire90

« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2019, 12:56:47 pm »

"Where's your sense of adventure? We can easily handle any monsters that may be hidden behind that door and there may valuable loot behind there too. I'll have a quick look at the CDs while we're getting that door opened."

Go take the CDs from whoever has them and take a look at them with my laptop.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:54:56 pm by Hotfire90 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2019, 09:16:14 pm »

If Nora gets the door open, explore the room with my sledgehammer.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2019, 01:24:13 am »

"How does everyone know about the CDs I found anyway, and you people could at least ask to look at them first before just trying to take them, but I guess you can look at them as long as I get the damn things back."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2019, 09:31:25 pm »

"Aw damn it no secrets for me, aw well I'm gonna go see what other people found in that hall way."
Go into the hallway with the guy that blew his brains out, and look around see if there's anything good on the ground.

Other than the fore mentioned items, there's nothing else there.

The corpse seems to have been looted already, so try to drag it back to the other room filled with corpse bits for disposal.  Return to my current room afterwards.

Thag drags the corpse out into the main chamber, for some reason.

"You know, that guy went to a lot of trouble to shut down the power. Are you sure turning it back on is a good idea? I'd say we just call this mission successful and go get paid. If there are any monsters behind that door, they can stay there and rot. Maybe one of you should use a laptop to check those CDs instead? Maybe they'll have some clues?"

Search around for anything that could contain information. Signs showing the way, warning signs, loose/crumpled paper, leaflets, operator manuals, ancient newspapers. If this was a high traffic area, then there must be some trash. If it was an important area, then there must be something to signify that importance. Maybe something like that can help me understand more about this place.

Edit: Oh, wait, are there smoke detectors or fire alarms?
Maybe if I trigger an alarm the door will unlock so that people can escape. You know, fire safety and all that.

It seems that all the paper-type things that would have been here are long deteriorated. However, when Sherry examines the console she finds writing next to the key slot thing that says "Insert Security Card to access Gate Key Port"

She doesn't see any alarms or anything like that.

Frank listens to Sherry's argument, then shakes his head.

"But imagine what could be inside! Maybe there's old world tech, y'know? Gotta check!"

He bounces slightly as he speaks, obviously excited at the concept of a new discovery.

Frank examines the panel further for any sort of access port or maintenance panel that he could open, in hopes that he could mess around with the internal wiring to try to get the door open anyways.

Frank finds the same thing as Sherry, he thinks he might be able to get into the hardware, but he's also not sure if he could do so without damaging the console.

Use a lock pick to unlock the door and look inside the newly unlocked room

As it turns out, the door wasn't locked, just out of power. Nora notices a large button, and upon pressing it, the door slides open.

"Where's your sense of adventure? We can easily handle any monsters that may be hidden behind that door and there may valuable loot behind there too. I'll have a quick look at the CDs while we're getting that door opened."

Go take the CDs from whoever has them and take a look at them with my laptop.

If I'm reading this right, the owner of the CD's doesn't want to let you look at them. You'll have to sort that out yourselves.

If Nora gets the door open, explore the room with my sledgehammer.

Arp follows Nora into the new room.

The room is small, maybe the size of a large storage closet. It appears bare, except for an object against the far wall. It's too dark to make it out, but whatever it is roundish and a bit bigger than a human. The shape is perfectly still, but something right in front of it glints in the light.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2019, 12:22:58 am »

It's unsanitary to leave your rotting corpses in more than the minimum number of rooms!

Wait around with the bashy club until it's my turn to gawp at the shiny object.  If monsters, do club.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2019, 01:26:05 am »

Frank pulls out that plastic card from earlier and attempts to enter it into the key-card slot.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2019, 05:42:03 am »

"If you want to look at the CDs you got to ask, then give them back after you looked at them."
Go into the room that just opened up and use the flashlight that I taped to my shotgun to look around.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2019, 08:50:26 am »

Enter the room I just opened and look around

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:39 am »

"I am attempting to access the facility's computer systems."

Return from hammerspace.
Plug into the console, see if it's connected to a mainframe. Either way, download all files, prioritizing any maps. Attempt to bypass needing a keycard.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2019, 02:29:33 pm »

Inspect the object.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22