Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37059 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2019, 08:45:23 pm »

Try to be sneaky.  Don't attack the wasps unless one is going to attack me.  Play deadish until the pain diminishes.  If a wasp tries to attack me, try to club it first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(10) A wasp heads for Thag, but he lays so still that it passes him over. When it gets dangerously close, he snatches it out of the air and bites it's head of with his teeth. It tastes an uncomfortably close to pork.

"Oh shit."
Slowly crawl out of the room, if any wasp things come near my blow smoke from my cigar at them to hopefully make them go away.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)

Burt lurches towards the door.(10) A wasp buzzes towards him, but he throws up a cloud of smoke, blinding it. It smashes into the floor beside him. He finishes it off by crushing it with his fist.

1 projection: try to make Thag feel less pain. Pain is in the mind, after all.

(2) Thag feels a sharp stab of pain flash through his body (1) causing him to pass out cold.

Frank noted the growing problem in the neighboring room - a problem that a man in a hardsuit would have little concern with.

Silently thanking his cautious nature that had led him to purchase such protective equipment, Frank runs into the room to perform rescue operations. Seeing as Thag is either unconscious or very close to death, and near the door, Frank prioritizes dragging him out first. If time permits, he runs over to Alice and starts to drag her out as well.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

(2)Frank is cut off by a buzzing hell as wasps surge towards him. (8) He manages to swat away the wasps, preventing any from stinging him.

Create a 2 focus, 1 projection lightning field around me that will electrocute any wasps that enter the field. Attempt to stand up after I've cast my spell.

(10, 7+1= 10 & 8 Focus)(8+1=9 Projection) Alice creates a blue sphere of energy around herself. (7) The wasps become enraged and try to swarm her. The first 4 wasps go right through the boundary of the sphere, frying themselves before the rest catch on and divert their path.

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Do I know anything about these creatures? If more attack, slice at them

(6+1=7) Nora swings her hatchet at the nearest wasp, clipping its wing. (3+1 defense) Another wasp zooms in and plants a sting directly on her sternum. (1 health) The pain causes her to pass out instantly.

Wield knife and slash at the wasps. Swinging a greatsword around probably won't be helpful.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

(10) Like a whirlwind, Vaiae dances around the room, knife in hand. She crushes the grounded wasp under her boot, and quickly dispatches 3 more with dizzying precision. (1 defense) However, in her fury, she fails to notice as one of the wasps gets behind her. It lands on the back of her head and jams its stinger directly through a gap in her hardsuit. (1 health) She too passes out in an instant.

Get the anti-toxin and antihistamines out from my doctors bag and get ready to operate on anyone who needs their shots.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)

(6+3=9) With quick and deliberate haste, Crass moves about the room, administering anti-venom to each of the victims. (8+2=*9*, 9+2=*9*, 4+2=6, 2) Thag and Alice are both feeling almost completely better. Nora is awake, but still very slugging. However, with Vaiae, Crass isn't able to administer the anti-venom through the hardsuit.

Save Alice from the swarm. If nobody else succeeds and time permits, also pull Thag out.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

With both Thag and Alice seeming to be alright, Arp decides instead work on getting Vaiae out. (4+3 strength) He manages to get her out of the room, with some effort.

Two wasps remain. They both cling to the ceiling, out of range of melee attacks.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2019, 09:08:05 pm »

With no one left to (fail to) save, Frank pulls out his revolver and gives shooting the wasps on the ceiling the ol' college try.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2019, 09:20:04 pm »

Well fuck.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2019, 09:27:24 pm »

If able, attempt to regain consciousness
If unable to regain consciousnesses, dream about wasps, as they are the most recent thing I saw before falling unconscious/asleep

((Can someone think while unconscious/passed out or not?))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:13:45 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2019, 04:24:12 am »

"Damn bugs, we need to be careful there might be more of these bugs around."
If any bugs get missed shoot them with my shotgun, then look around the room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2019, 04:58:06 am »

Walk up to the beehive and look if there any wasps still hiding inside, if there are they are free to fry themselves on my lightning field.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2019, 12:08:32 pm »

If anyone's interested, give them a boost so they can reach the ceiling with melee attacks.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2019, 01:31:33 am »

With no one left to (fail to) save, Frank pulls out his revolver and gives shooting the wasps on the ceiling the ol' college try.

(8+1=9) Frank aims his revolver and drops both the remaining wasps with 2 precise rounds.

Well fuck.

(9) Vaiae is still breathing, but not much else

If able, attempt to regain consciousness
If unable to regain consciousnesses, dream about wasps, as they are the most recent thing I saw before falling unconscious/asleep

((Can someone think while unconscious/passed out or not?))

(7+2=9) Nora regains consciousness and is able to move around.

"Damn bugs, we need to be careful there might be more of these bugs around."
If any bugs get missed shoot them with my shotgun, then look around the room.

All bugs are dead. There's not much laying around, save for the mutated corpse.

Walk up to the beehive and look if there any wasps still hiding inside, if there are they are free to fry themselves on my lightning field.

There's no remaining wasps in the hive

If anyone's interested, give them a boost so they can reach the ceiling with melee attacks.

That won't be necessary.

When people search the corpse, they find some old dog-tags, which are illegible.

At this point, there's no new areas to explore. After Vaiae has been dealt with, you can leave, unless you still want to interact with the console.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2019, 01:59:12 am »

I'm done, unless the bug meat looks tasty.

Also, I think Thag moved the dead body to the pile of other dead bodies.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:35:23 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2019, 04:58:10 am »

"I think all the bugs are dead so I'm assuming its safe to look at the CDs now."
Let people look at the CDs and look at the CDs as well, then take them back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2019, 09:01:33 am »

Nora tries to help Valae gain consciousness, by assisting Frank
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:25:38 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2019, 10:55:08 am »

Little help here?

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Hotfire90

« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2019, 04:45:31 pm »

Dismiss the field and then take a look at the CDs. Make a copy of anything interesting on the CDs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2019, 11:39:11 pm »

Frank wasn't much of a medic, being much more proficient at fixing machines than humans, but due to a lack of the party's medical team helping Vaiae, Frank attempts to help where he can with her treatment, which seems to be by removing her hardsuit.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:30:18 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »

Wait for everyone to clear the room then activate the console. Shut it down if it becomes dangerous.
Also get a copy of the data on the CDs.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22