Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37410 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 07:17:37 pm »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
"Cool, I happen to have a shovel"
Head to the van

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 07:22:19 pm »

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Frank nodded excitedly as Ozcar spoke, but was really only half-listening. His actual undivided attention was directed at the two robots in the room, both of which gave off a unique vibe; one ancient unit, built for practicality, and one fancier newer unit, built to accomplish a singular task. The older robot interested him more, so he began to shuffle quietly towards Arp.

Arp acknowledges Frank's interest, rotating his camera-face toward the human and scanning him up and down with mechanically deliberate motions. He takes particular note of Frank's hardsuit and crafting tools, the marks of a fellow industrial worker. "Hello. I am Arp. It is nice to meet you. What is your name?" Arp says this in a flat, robotic tone, and extends a simple metallic gripper for a handshake.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:25:38 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2019, 07:27:57 pm »

"Acknowledged. Beginning Mission."

Head to van.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 07:30:34 pm »

Ozcar takes the note and reads it in a glance

"Wow, you really are a fish out of water, aren't you. Let's see...
Excavating means digging carefully, and excavators are the ones who do it. A van is like a big car, which is a box on wheels that goes by itself. The Reunified Order is the government around here. Barrow Town is an Underville city to the west of Nede. And lastly, Cop-Borgs are cyborg clones that the RO uses in the police force.

I know how you feel, young pup. I was once where you are now. You should pick you up a couple of magazines or something to read on the way there, might help ya catch up on the times."

She makes a sound, a faint hint of perhaps appreciation. It sounds at least faintly grateful, they take the page back and quietly put it back into the journal, to write more on later. A frosted grieve brushing their chest off, of a bit of dust.

"....Ah...mhm..yes?"

It's incredibly akward in what little, the singular word she deigned to whisper. Perhaps it was because they were a preserved as well, it invoked a tiny hint of a response. But her voice was creaky, cracked, spoken like she was inhaling cold glacial air.

"...Ngh, hmm?"

A hand faintly rubbing what must be her chin, it at least sounds like a women, either way?

The Frosted Knight will go grab some magazines as suggested and...try to get her beetle in the van.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 07:42:52 pm »

Frank excitedly grasps Arp's gripper with in a firm grip and shakes maybe a few too many times.

"Hello 'Arp', I'm Frank! It's a pleasure to meet you. What fuel source do you operate on? Does your mind calculate methodically like a computer or illogically like an organic? Do you consider yourself alive? Does the concept of death scare you?"

Frank doesn't seem to understand that some of these questions could be very personal or uncomfortably existential, as he is entirely absorbed in his own curiosity.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 08:02:48 pm »

Arp's joint gears whir softly as the robot keeps himself stable during the handshake.

"I operate on a microfusion battery. I am a computer. Processing final two queries..."

Arp takes a noticeable pause while trying to come up with a response for the unexpected philosophical questions.

"...I am not an organic. I am fully functional. My programming is currently running at levels far above a stock Automated Repair Product OS. I hope this helps. I am capable of assessing risk and detecting damage. It would be best if I remain functional until I fulfill all standing orders. My current orders are "Clean This Mess Up." and "Explore the chamber, and render it non-dangerous so excavation can continue." I hope this helps."

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 08:24:42 pm »

Posted my sheet.  Let me know if it's okay.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
I guess you aren’t required to take a profession if you don’t want to.
Everything seems in order, welcome to the team!
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2019, 08:27:17 pm »

Frank nodded slowly at the response to the last question. He began to mumble quietly to himself.

"I know where that second directive came from, but what about the first...? Maybe it's a deeper directive, something that all cleaning robots view as their higher command, an innate desire to clean, taken in or out of context... That might be actually deep..."

Snapping out of it, he cheerily pats Arp on the shoulder before turning and walking out to the van, calling behind him.

"I look forward to working with you, philosopher!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2019, 08:34:44 pm »

Thag the caveman just gets in the van heading for the dig site.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:47:11 pm by Devastator »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2019, 08:37:47 pm »

"I look forward to working with you, repairman."

Arp walks outside and tries to help Frost Knight load up her beetle. If that is taken care of, he gets in the van.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:41:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2019, 01:46:30 am »

Sherry takes a selfie while making the victory sign. She tries to make it so that many of the others (including their employer) are visible in the picture. She then goes to sit in the van, being careful not to wrinkle her dress.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2019, 01:48:15 am »

Thag gives Sherry a lecherous look.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2019, 01:56:18 am »

Sherry continues smiling.
"See anything you like?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2019, 02:07:46 am »

Thag looks around, sees the van is far too crowded, and resorts to some marx-esque eyebrow raisings.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2019, 02:24:46 am »

Sherry looked at the man's eyebrows intently for a few seconds before shrugging.
"I'm sorry, but if that's Morse code, it's terrible."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22