Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 37444 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2019, 09:01:37 pm »

"Uh, Knight? Are you okay?"

Poke the frozen knight. What seems to be preventing her from moving?

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Hotfire90

Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2019, 08:40:24 am »

"I was going to give them back to you anyway, also you can take a look at them too if you want. How about we do that after we check out this room?"

Enter the room and check it out.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2019, 03:29:18 am »

"Yeah, lets do that in a bit."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2019, 12:30:15 pm »

Just so y’all know, I’m currently out of town, which is why there hasn’t been an update recently. Will probably be able to get one out tonight or tomorrow.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2019, 12:51:30 am »

I've already had to rewrite this turn once, so I'll just abbreviate it. I'll be skipping some non-essential posts.

When the room is searched more carefully, the object turns out to be some sort of man-sized beehive. However, upon closer inspection, you find legs sticking out. With a pang, you realize that the shape is actually a human corpse with a man-sized beehive shaped growth subsuming most of it.

Frank determines that though the plastic card is about the right shape, it doesn't really do anything with the slot.

Ares manages to bypass the security system. As far as Data goes, there's not much useful info, mostly just undecipherable schedules and maintenance logs. However, he is able to bypass the key lock, which causes a small hatch, about the size of a hand, to open on the console. In the hatch, there is a device plugged into the console. The device looks more or less like a large metal flash drive. From the data on the console, Ares figures out that the device is referred to as a "Gate-Key". The gate-key contains the data necessary to do... whatever it is the facility does. The Console is ready to be activated it. The Gate-key can be removed, but if it is, the console won't be able to activate.

Around Ares and Frank, the room is filled with buzzes and hums as the machinery comes to life, ready to be called upon.

Back around the beehive thing.

As the party approaches, there is a sickening scratching/scraping sound, then the beehive starts to contort. Moments later, it burst open, and a number of wasp-like creatures, each about the size of a hand, swarm the room.

Burt (6) Manages to hit the floor before the swarm sweeps out.

Nora (9+1=*9*) Manages to chop two of them as the rush towards her.

Arp (8) Manages to flee the room ahead of the swarm

Alice (4) Gets stung in the stomach. The pain is so intense, she doubles over and curls up on the floor.

Thag (8+4=*9* Melee) Lets aout a primal screech, and starts swating at anything heading out the door. He splatters 5 wasps before they catch on and stop trying to leave the room. (2+2=4 defense) However, one wasp does manage to fly under his assault, and sting him on the leg. He falls to his knees from pain.

All in all, there are about a dozen wasps buzzing around the room.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2019, 02:50:17 am »

Try to be sneaky.  Don't attack the wasps unless one is going to attack me.  Play deadish until the pain diminishes.  If a wasp tries to attack me, try to club it first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2019, 05:23:22 am »

"Oh shit."
Slowly crawl out of the room, if any wasp things come near my blow smoke from my cigar at them to hopefully make them go away.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2019, 05:28:03 am »

1 projection: try to make Thag feel less pain. Pain is in the mind, after all.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2019, 06:16:55 am »

Frank noted the growing problem in the neighboring room - a problem that a man in a hardsuit would have little concern with.

Silently thanking his cautious nature that had led him to purchase such protective equipment, Frank runs into the room to perform rescue operations. Seeing as Thag is either unconscious or very close to death, and near the door, Frank prioritizes dragging him out first. If time permits, he runs over to Alice and starts to drag her out as well.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hotfire90

« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2019, 09:26:56 am »

Create a 2 focus, 1 projection lightning field around me that will electrocute any wasps that enter the field. Attempt to stand up after I've cast my spell.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2019, 09:38:47 am »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Do I know anything about these creatures? If more attack, slice at them

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2019, 05:09:43 pm »

Wield knife and slash at the wasps. Swinging a greatsword around probably won't be helpful.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2019, 05:32:18 pm »

Get the anti-toxin and antihistamines out from my doctors bag and get ready to operate on anyone who needs their shots.

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »

Save Alice from the swarm. If nobody else succeeds and time permits, also pull Thag out.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:55 pm »

"Thag failed forseeing inevitable downside of fighting sneaky by playing weaker than actually am!"

(getting rescued)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:53:06 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22