Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 37808 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Warped II!
A roleplaying game of questing in a mutant post-apocalypse

It is October 18th, 2061 and the world has been abandoned. Billions of people have uploxed their minds to the satellites that orbit an Earth that is full of overgrown, empty crumbling cities.

Earth has become the playground of the uploxed. Competing gangs of cyborg creatures roam the wastes, hunting down the last real humans for sport. Camera drones buzz around the countryside, filming these fights for the entertainment of the uploxed. But in Norwich, a small city in what remains of England, there is relative peace. The uploxed require radio transmission to operate their drone-bodies, and the tower that covers Norwich has been switched off. This had made Norwich a safe zone, and many survivors have flocked there.

But humanity isn't quite what it used to be. Strange mutations are spreading among the populace, aided by a cryogenics organisation from the old world, Walt Labs. Some of the mutants succumb to a madness that drives them to eat each other's hearts. A gang of Londoners recruit such mutants for their own purposes. The Church of the New Millennium offer immortality for the living but are banished from Norwich. The Keep maintain peace in Norwich, but have become more strict in their edicts. The Postwick Mob hold tight control over the tower, threatening to switch it back on if their tribute isn't met.

Warped! II is a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game of factions, quests and intrigue.

You can be either a faction member or an independent agent. Faction membership comes with considerable perks, including special powers or bodies and access to higher value faction quests. However independent agents have more freedom to pick their own path. If you played in Part I, you may either create a new character or you can resume your old character. If you resume a character, I will convert the character sheet across and tell you what's been happening the last 6 months.

There are a lot of sections below, so I've marked out which ones can wait until after you've made a character.

Spoiler: How To Play (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Types (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Link to the Discord.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:28:52 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 08:19:25 am »

Order of Business

I'm going to be out of town for a week from the 19th to the 26th and I probably won't be able to do much updates during that time. But as I'd written up the rules I thought there'd be no harm in players making characters beforehand. So:

12th->19th, character creation, answering questions, revising anything broken
19th->26th, I'll be writing quests appropriate for the players that have signed up
26th-> We make a start!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 08:42:02 am »

Do I get to keep the Tallys and faction rep I got from the last round, and what about that thing we did about what our characters did between the last round and this one?

Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 08:58:18 am »

You keep your faction rep and unspent tallies from part I and the fact that you decided is true, so your den will be a farmhouse, and you and the Red Cap (whose name is Rovin) will start with guns. You need to decide whether you're still an Unaligned Mutant who has developed the +1 faction rep with Legends, or whether you're accepted as a full faction member of the Legends:

Unaligned Mutant (with legend bonus)
+0walt +0london +0mob +0keep +0church -1gml 1legends +0terra -1eyes -2pirates

Sympathetic (with additional legend bonus)
-1walt +0london +0mob -1keep -1church -2gml +2legends +0terra -1eyes -2pirates

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 09:08:05 am »

I think I'll remain unaligned, and I'll work my way to joining a faction maybe.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 09:23:08 am »

Dr. Darrin Amoretto will be returning. Here’s how his sheet last was:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hadn’t been keeping track of my faction relations, though. I know that I had good rep with the Keep and Walt Labs, and thoroughly bad rep with the GML.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:35:19 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:43:32 am »

We can start you as an advanced member of Walt, with your existing good standing with Keep and very poor standing with the GML:

+2walt +0london +0mob +2keep +0church -3gml -1legends +0terra -1eyes -2pirates

In a bit, I'll put together both your character sheets with a little summary of what's been happening in the mean time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 09:58:27 am »

I’d like to play as Sandra
Spoiler: Sandra from Part 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:47:32 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 10:36:43 am »

Spoiler: RobotGun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:18:49 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 11:22:51 am »

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:26:18 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »

There's quests now? Sweet. I'll be using Theodore from part 1

Spoiler: Theodore Ansen (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 06:10:24 pm »

Here's my sheet from the last game. There's a grandfathered exception for people who already had more than 10 tallys at a time right? I was saving mine up and had 14 when the first game ended. Know what? I'm just going to assume that I can spend them prior to the start of this game and just buy 1 point of weird now. (Let me know if this is a problem)

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:36:56 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 06:47:13 pm »

Here's my old sheet.

I don't know about other stats, but I had at least 2 points of kudos, which I remember.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:13:39 pm by Devastator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 05:13:27 am »

Link to the Discord.

All- Advice on writing personal goals: if you pick something very broad and open-ended (like "find love", "burn it all down") I will convert that big goal into an achievable quest anyway, so it's better to have a big goal in the back of your mind but treat the personal goals like a to do list (so stuff like "find out if my old crush is still alive", "burn down my old office building").

If you're living in Norwich, feel free to put your den on this map:

Spoiler: Map Norwich (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl- Sandra managed to get Helen somewhere she can be fixed and has spent the last six months acclimatising to her new form, and doing nature conservation work in the Norfolk area. Pick somewhere on the map to be your den, and I'll start you in the Eyes of Gaia faction. Pick 1-3 personal goals.

King Zultan, unaligned is fine- you've spent the last six months getting yourself set up in the countryside with a proper weapon, some bullets... pick 1-3 personal goals and choose where your house is. If it's not under signal cover, Rovin won't be able to join you there.

Glass, You'll have spent the last six months building up the base at Amazona Zoo, organising supply trips to the Keep of the nutrient mix which continues to be shipped in, dealing with GML patrols on the road (often violently with your mutant powers). Pick 1-3 personal goals (keep in mind you'll be getting access to Walt base quests as well).

Shadowclaw777, that all looks fine (though I will draw from those broad personal goals three specific quests). Was this where you wanted your den:

Dustan, all looks fine. If you want a den (for instance, a safe place to put your cyborg body when you're in Nexus), pick somewhere on the map.

Beirus, did you want to be an unaligned mutant still, or did you want to have joined up with one of the factions in that time? If so which. You would have spent the last 6 months trying to survive, get a bit of a name for yourself. Also, Viktor completely succumbed to the Hunger and tried to eat Timmy, after that failed, he's disappeared into the wilderness, but you've heard rumours that the Londoners are looking to catch and recruit him. Pick 1-3 goals and a den location.

Supernerd, yeah, spend tallies if they're over 10 now. With your shapeshifting ability and desire to learn about the world, you can start now in any faction (either openly as a mutant, or masquerading as a human), and if you want, you can be in a second faction under a second face and identity. After deciding that, pick 1-3 goals and a den.

Devasator, I'm going to go ahead and set you as a pariah unaligned. I figured the device that could damage uplox would be a laser cannon capable of overheating wiring and parts at long range. This has put a target on your head. In six months you will have been able to put together a permanent shelter. Pick anywhere on the map where you want that to be and give yourself 1-3 goals.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:28:59 am by notquitethere »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 08:12:07 am »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27