Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Refugium of the Gods (IC)  (Read 4113 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Refugium of the Gods (IC)
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2021, 07:14:49 pm »

District 5
Mechanical Graveyard

Nobody looms over a massive block, its faces glowing blue. Once, this had been the heating element of a great forge; now, it would function as both flame and anvil. Roiling liquid metal flowed across its surface, though not one drop spilled; six colors, green, gold, blue, red, white, and grey. In hand was a hammer, black and gold, itself churning, but held in its shape.

One hand guides the materials together: grey flows to white flows to green, as the others dance across and within the other shades, lending it a shining iridescence. The other hand comes down with the hammer, and form begins to show. Down comes the hammer; the metals are straight. Down comes the hammer; the metals are strong. Down comes the hammer; the metals are sharp. Down comes the hammer as the blade is built.
It is white to halfway up, green halfway down; where they would meet, the metals are sharply divided by a grey chevron. The blue glow of the heat seeps into the edges, never to be lost. The metal itself still flows, crashes, recedes, like the ocean in a hurricane. These are not mundane metals; they are the divine power of creation given form, and held in shape by power alone.

But the blade is missing something. Look where it should be held; only the tang extends. To the side, puddles of metal yet remain, largest among them gold and green. The hammer comes down once more; green metal divides as the gold coalesces. Down the hammer strikes; the gold shines like the long-lost sun. Down the hammer strikes; the green is verdant beyond any life left here below. Down the hammer strikes, and a beneath it takes form a four-pointed star, enveloped by a wreath of metal leaves. As they slide onto the blade, the bond is formed; the guard shall never loosen.

And yet there is one last piece to be attached, and no more metal left behind. But no, that is not true.
The hammer warps, its old duty done. The head compresses, twists, as it shifts from a blunt instrument to a diamond of gold. The handle lengthens, twirls, as gold and black intertwine into an elegant spiral. And when it is done, down comes what once was the hammer, the last piece of the blade, the handle.

As it slides down the tang, a tangible pressure builds. Lightning courses along the metal - green, gold, blue, red, white, grey, black. Seven metals, seven colors, seven Acts. The artifact itself resists the binding of such power; as the handle inches closer, magnetic force tries to push it away. Even a god struggles to assemble such a potent construction; Nobody could do it.

The handle impacts the guard, and there is a click, barely audible.

All is silent for a moment.

And then the blade erupts with the force of Creation bound within it. Liquids sizzle on the surface, dusts turn to flames in a myriad colors from the heat, roiling metal refuses to calm-
Then sheets of gold wrapped themselves around the blade, constraining it, insulating it, protecting it, protecting from it. Nobody had seen its potency, its power. It was a force of creation, yes - but it was volatile, as true creation often was. Primordial, from a time before order or chaos could be meaningfully differentiated. No, earlier - this was the essence that had declared, to an empty eternity of nothing, that I want be something. Go somewhere. Do something. I want things to change. It is the declaration that where there was nothing, there shall be something.

This was the force that ended eternity. This was the force that began forever.

This was GENESIS.
And it will have to do.

Nobody stalked off, a blade in each hand and a storm of golden pages at their back. This world had a place for everything, but nothing had overstayed its welcome.

Even through its sheathe, bursts of steam, flame, and smoke in a cavalcade of colors cascaded off the blade.

7 Act Artifact: Genesis
Size: 1
Severity: 7
Physical Description: Longsword with a white-and-green blade (with an edge lightly glowing blue), a four-pointed gold star wreathed in leaves as the guard, and a black handle ending in a diamond-shaped gold pommel. The entire object constantly swirls and shifts as if made of liquid, and it perpetually sheds material that it is perpetually creating.
Magical Effect: CREATION. Pushed into overdrive when encountering nothingness/vacuum, which it turns into stuff at an even more accelerated rate.

And with it, Nobody is off to destroy create end begin undo [].

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 12:48:01 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2021, 09:19:57 pm »

"A blade made to clash with its twin. Ah, it's tragic, is it not? It has never been my wish that we would kill one another... the thought of fratricide makes me sick. Yet my own sibling tried to end me, and perhaps this was all inevitable. Resigned to fate... I cannot help now. I wish only that the end of the end, of my sibling [], could start something new. Could be no death, but an evolution into something greater, happier, gentler."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2021, 09:34:10 pm »

Understand this, Gibeele: with this act, there shall be no more endings.
Only and forever new beginnings.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2021, 11:25:39 pm »

"The difference between the two is only a matter of perspective. One ends, another begins, on and on until the end of all, and presumably the beginning of all as well. A knife does nothing to change this."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2021, 12:53:53 am »

“Envoy, use this to teach the Chorals of the harvest of grain and the usage of your everlasting light magic to sustain this crop. My attention must be met somewhere else.”
Spread Bioluminant Wheat (1 Act) into the realm of District 1
Spoiler: Bioluminant Wheat (click to show/hide)

“It is a disappointing thing that divine bloodshed must be met because of the sides drawn. The creation of your being made of negativity was not a good stepping stone to make yourself known into your world. While one of the other divine brethren was too hasty to initiate conflict before negotiations could ever be conceived as a possibility, the only thing that I can feel in my essence inside my shell of a body… Disappointment. Not in any individual deserves the condemning, but rather how everything turned out though sadly this was inevitable with how we knew things would go down.”

Create the Shield of Reckoning with (Severity 1) for now
Spoiler: SoR (click to show/hide)

Join the Conflict with [], Nobody, and Cresceele. Try to protect Nobody and Cresceele from the attacks as best with my might

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2021, 11:08:14 am »

Nobody passes over a second Act for the potatoes.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2021, 07:10:42 am »

[] erases their previous course of action. [] takes up the darkness pearl moulted shedding of {} and pumps in full of divine power until it begins pumping unsettlingly, bursting out darkness which covered all around []...

5 Acts: Create Artifact, the Heart of Darkness (Severity 4, Size of Effect 2)

A fogbank of darkness that envelopes the wielder, blocking all perceptions, visual, auditory and otherwise of those inside it, including that of the wielder. The Heart of Darkness will manipulate luck and space to make it more likely for the wielder to hit enemies when flailing about/attacking, and less likely for others to hit the wielder, not affecting the chances of potential friendly fire between multiple entities within the fogbank.

[] awaits the would be murderers in the cave of the Sonorous King

*ding!*
Post-Natal Care is expiring. Enjoy your new divine life!
DeityActs  StockpileIncomeExpenses
Nobody
+3, +2, +1-8
[]
+3, +2-5
Cresceele
+3, +2-8, -2
Gibeele
+3-2
Absolute
+3-6
Belyom
+3, +1, +1-4
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:13:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2021, 11:24:22 am »

An entourage of justiciars assembles in District 1, before their point of origin. The Cave of the Sonorous King, wherein now hides the worst criminal among them

Nobody looked around. They were an eclectic collection. Absolute, the very image of what justice may be asked to look like, angelic in radiance, unyielding in demeanor. Cresceele, looking quite near what justice may be called against, monstrous in form, but as dedicated to order as any. The working of Belyom, (, a being of pure mathematics, cloaked in a veil of nothingness to shield others from its visage. And themselves, of course; the pages of Construction flitted about them, as Improvement and Genesis were wielded in either hand. Perhaps it was at this moment that they most looked the part of a god.

Ah, but this was mere distraction. Truly, the focus must be their enemy. Nothingness cloaked in darkness, wielding destruction as their blade. The one who would, if given the opportunity, end everything, leaving only nothing behind forever.

Such could not be permitted.

[], hear your crimes. You stand accused and guilty of creation of a weapon intended for omnicide, intent to commit deicide, the grave injury of a god, and eight counts of intent to destroy an Anchor. You may or may not be guilty of other crimes, but it is improbable that they are relevant or worth mentioning in comparison to those listed.
I do not ask how you plead, for the truth of these are known. I do not ask if you will accept justice, for I know you will not. I ask only that you understand that none of us wanted this.
Stand and face your judge.

With every word, the weave was made. With every word, Fate was directed. With every word, Destiny was written.
Those who shall deliver justice upon this day shall find their efforts seen through, and truth itself will guide their hands.

And yet, even among the tightly-woven threads of divine power that constituted this decree, those with the senses to see could feel that there was space within for one more Act.

3 Act Blessing: Good Luck
Additional notes: Can accept 1 additional Act.
Contribute 1 act.

3 4 Act Blessing: Good Luck
Number of Regions: 1 (District 1)
Severity: 3(+) 4
Targeted Persons: Anybody opposed to []
Effect: Directs luck to select paths more likely to benefit the blessed persons, and removes unfavorable potential branches of time from the realm of possibility.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:16:39 am by Glass »

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2021, 11:31:45 am »

3 Act Blessing: Good Luck
Number of Regions: 1
Severity: 3(+)
Targeted Persons: Anybody opposed to []
Effect: Directs luck to select paths more likely to benefit the blessed persons, and removes unfavorable potential branches of time from the realm of possibility.
Contribute 1 act.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2021, 11:26:09 am »

Assuming they are in any shape to be about after judgement has been rendered, Nobody will continue their survey of District 5.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2021, 04:49:55 pm »

Assuming ultimate victory over the foul interloper, Cresceele will continue surveying District 7 after their epic battle.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2021, 04:06:29 pm »

In the somber Hall of the Sonorous King, the god's stood beneath the towering figure. His chiseled features remained stoic, looking down upon the fledgling gods with out fear or wonder. [] had arrived before the rest, walking among the carved stalagnates which for eons served as their cradles, slowly drawing in the light behind the universe, until new gods were born from the radiance. Now they stood dead and dull, stone which once burned with light had grown cold. As did the gods that hailed from it's ancient womb. Soon, others arrived. Nobody, Cresceele, and Absolute, their intentions clear.

The caverns rung with the power of the arsenal of the gods. The air sang, and the stones hummed, all things joined the chorus of power as the battle of the gods drew nigh. Blessings laid upon the triad enhanced their divine powers, while each of them wielded a godforged creation. Absolute, a shield of gold and sapphire, the weakest of the equipment, but in the hands of a god, the metal holds firm and stalwart. Cresceele, in one hand held a marble circlet which protected the wearer from all forms of change and deterioration. In the other, a blade to perfect in edge that it's blade formed a mirror worthy of reflecting the gods themselves. So perfect was it's crescent surface that one would be excused for mistaking it for non-existence, especially given such a sword was held nearby. Last was the sword of power beyond the others. Genesis, a blade which dwarfed the gods themselves in it's glory. The blade pushed the bounds of this world with it's mere existence. As the blade moved, dust and flame and steam roiled from it's white-green surface, it's glory unshealthed and it's power dripping from the measly shackles of physics. 

The gods knew this confrontation would bring forth consequences. Held here the power of the god's wrath in it's entirety, born of their power and forged by their mighty hands. Given shape and purpose by their ideals. This was the arsenal of the advancing gods.

Yet this was not the only divine weapondry present within these hallowed halls. For these weapons were not forged by for idle hands, they had come to commit an act most heinous, so that it may never be attempted again. Their charge was one such who had attempted the act they intended today, deicide. [] had known of their coming, the sound of the god's forges rang loud and clear through the universe, each blow of the blade adding to the now rancorous chorus that shook the heart of the world and called back a whispered response from the heavens beyond their reach. Yet, the song of the advancing gods was met only with silence. A blade of nothingness, a voidladen hilt with but a dark shimmer hinted at a void through which nothing could remain. It drank deep the singing hum resonating from it's enemies, the power disappearing deep into the blade. Yet none saw such a quiet act, for darkness had begun to engulf the hall. From the heart of a faithful servant, a powerful darkness was coaxed forth. It spread from the pearl in waves and plumes, it's inky form roiling over the light as it flows, strangling it within. Yet unlike the blade which it's master held, this darkness did add to the cacophony around it. It sang a song deep and old, known well by the stones and stars alike. It sang from the darkness that dwelled in these deep lands, of the stillness, the quiet, and the End of all things. And the Darkness sang back. From distant nook and crevice, from the dancing edge of the fire-light, and from the still dark caves beyond the Refugium, a voice sang. The voice of {} swelled forth from the darkness, it's scattered form slithering forth to the call of it's master. The shards of the shattered {} flooded into the Hall of the Sonorous King, wisps of malice and smoke flesh matt as night and swirled in the engulfing night brought forth by [].

Here the gods came to blows.

Cresceele and Nobody swung into the darkness, cutting through darkness and shadowflesh alike. Genesis, the Blade of Creation struck the darkness and cut through, though at a price most foul. From the blade things were born, things unmeant and unknown to the gods. Beings born of the darkness, strange and unknown. They hid there in the darkness, fleeing the wrath of the gods, waiting in the dark for those who wander from the light ill prepared. The Scimitar of the Mirrored Moon drew a long gash in the darkness and reflected it back upon itself, making it appear deeper and darker than it truly was. Yet it was Absolute who floundered most, having no blade through which to cut through the darkness. Here he was trapped, his light a hidden hope deep in the darkness. He had been blessed with great power by the other gods, and many iterations came and went as the power of the blessings fought against the Heart of Darkness. Yet still his light grew dim. It grew faint and distant as the god was assailed, his shining armor dented and scratched by the assailing shadow creatures, shards of {} who had acquired a taste for godflesh when it drank deep the blood of the god Gibelee and had been corrupted by it's power. It's rambling silence was deafening as the light of the bright god was torn into by the darkness. Torn and scattered Absolute was lost to the darkness, being chased and prodded further into it's reflected depths than any of the gods could see. The pinpricks of blood coalesced in drops and pools, glimmers of gold that glinted at the hint of light, shining with an echo of their originator. Treasure that would forever reward those who were brave enough to conquer the Darkness.

Swirling among the Darkness, the three remaining gods and godesses met in a battle of blades. Each side had enlisted luck to will itself onto the battlefield around them. It tangled with the stressed fabric of the universe, pulling and shifting the world in a conflicted battle of fate and power that dared not be restricted to the bounds of reality. Time was cut and stitched by the blades, it's sands exposed through the blessing, as those futures it saw unfavorable were cast aside and shifted, snipped and sewn together. Space itself drew out and contracted as the blades danced through a battlefield without limit or constraint. A battlefield that existed without time or space, a fray in reality where time, space, and luck bent and twisted with the strikes of the gods. Here the blood of the fledgling gods was spilled.

The battle began with a great number of strikes, each one lashing out, testing the defenses of the enemy. The mighty blade Genesis was the first to strike a blow, hitting [] and leaving a sizzling gash where something had come to exist within. A flurry of parries and dodges among the swirling darkness here followed. The next strike was from the Scimitar of the Mirrored Moon, which was parried by Godender, and reflected it's anti-existence in a scattered refraction of divine power. A deep wrongness came to dwell in this place, cast out into the underlying infinity beyond the universe. Yet here [] made their counter, a savage strike which was blocked by Genesis. Nothing and Something clashed in this strange place, stretched across time and space until matters of reference were beyond use. Here where laws and physics have no claim, the two met and locked. The two forces came to be equal then, the creation of Genesis disappearing into the destruction of Godender. Blades locked, the Scimitar of the Mirrored Moon tipped the balance as it's power was released, reflecting Nothingness back in upon itself until the concept of Nothingness decayed, and Creation came to blossom there. In that moment, the gods there were blown back by the force of power unleashed. Genesis had passed the point where it could maintain itself, it's power already spilling forth from the blade, and was unbridled, it's physical shackles decaying into Nothing.

The power of the two antithetical blades mixed like oil and water, reflected beyond infinity by the mirrored crescent. The power of the gods shook the Universe, and their battlefield began to collapse in on itself. Cast aside was the darkness and the blessings, as the universe so bent and twisted around them, began to reform. Time and space reclaimed their authority, and the gods were cast back into the hall of the Sonorous King. A blinding light filled the hall, the power of the blades reaching a point of criticality. The gods knew their strength, and the consequences were upon them. A hollow light radiated out from the meeting of the blades, and all was lost to the Nothingness. The gods, the Refugium, the mortals, the world. All had become Nothing.

Then, they became Something.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2021, 08:01:06 pm »

Sadiq sighed and noted this whole expedition as a write-off. Back to the reports, he supposed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]